TOTSSF - Where has the hype gone?

MHoney1234
10339 posts Has That Special Something
edited April 2020
Anyone else totally underwhelmed by this promo and the prospect future TOTS cards? I’m not even that bothered about red picks either as we all know the rewards drop rates are abysmal.

Fut birthday gave us SM and WF upgrades and these TOTSSF cards could be 97-99 rated and still not better than their FB counterparts. Case in point mbappe. The FB card is better than the TOTY and would be better than the 98 TOTSSF card. EA really need to rethink this promo or it’s going to fall flat.

Other than TOTY, TOTS should be the best cards on the game and the reality is they’re not.

SBC choice again is pointless. Why not a FB Militao or something that gets people hyped. I don’t usually agree with Nep but he’s bang on.

Let’s not mentioned Milestones were pretty much abandoned when EA realised it makes them no money and took a little thought. The objective players are underwhelming. I get that it’s the first days, but If EA follow the trend of other promos then this will end up a stinking pile of ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Comments

• HulkSmashPotato
    1470 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 2020
    The question we should all be asking is, how many people think they are getting Zaha and Doyle comes out
  • ASX
    3538 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2020
    It's one day in bro
    Quick edit...

Seeing only one SBC was disappointing
  • MHoney1234
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    It just started lmao
    No FB militao on the first day=\= crap

So you didn’t comment on the fact that FB cards will still be better and I said an FB Militao or another card that gets people hyped. You do this a lot in threads @Fifapayne - you miss the context to fit your own agenda.

Look at every other promo this year. No top tier SBCs, only 1/2 decent objective players, milestones not followed up. Why don’t you put on the table why this promo will be great and offer some balance, because I’m struggling to see how a 98 Messi card will be better than the SS version. I’m struggling to see how even Felipe Anderson who’s 92 rated is better than Douglas Costa FB. So maybe you can help me?
  • MHoney1234
    edited April 2020
    ASX wrote: »
    It's one day in bro

This argument is only relevant If you started playing yesterday and haven’t played all year. The facts remain the same. No SM/WF upgrades make a lot of these cards undesirable, and will continue to do so for the duration of the promo. Zaha is unusable as top tier card. Add a 1/2* upgrade and we get some traction.
  • Fifapayne
    6136 posts Big Money Move
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    It just started lmao

So you didn’t comment on the fact that FB cards will still be better and I said an FB Militao or another card that gets people hyped. You do this a lot in threads @Fifapayne - you miss the context to fit your own agenda.

Look at every other promo this year. No top tier SBCs, only 1/2 decent objective players, milestones not followed up. Why don’t you put on the table why this promo will be great and offer some balance, because I’m struggling to see how a 98 Messi card will be better than the SS version. I’m struggling to see how even Felipe Anderson who’s 92 rated is better than Douglas Costa FB. So maybe you can help me?

Sure x amount of cards got birthday cards.
    You’re restricted what cards you use.
    The top tier cards always have a low ceiling for improvement. Even though I still think toty mbappe is better—nearly 150 ingame stats better.

Tots Icardi is a damn good card..for a good price.
    And to answer your Douglas costa dispute...75 finishing.

This promo will bring loads of great starting cards
    Werner
    Lewandoski
    Gnabry
    Suarez
    Benzema
    Partey
    Saul
    Etc
  • MHoney1234
    edited April 2020
    It just started lmao

The top tier cards always have a low ceiling for improvement. Even though I still think toty mbappe is better—nearly 150 ingame stats better.

Werner
    Lewandoski
    Gnabry
    Suarez
    Benzema
    Partey
    Saul
    Etc

The FB has a 5* weak foot. Those extra in game stats mean nothing when the TOTY is on his left foot.

Costa with a deadeye 90 finishing and is 5/5. He’s plays better in game than all those cards listed above. The fact that you quote that list of players and genuinely think they’ll be better, means you have close to zero understanding of how this game works. You will not see one of those players in any top 100 or elite players side.
  • Fifapayne
    It just started lmao

Werner
    Lewandoski
    Gnabry
    Suarez
    Benzema
    Partey
    Saul
    Etc

Costa with a deadeye 90 finishing and is 5/5. He’s plays better in game than all those cards listed above. The fact that you quote that list of players and genuinely think they’ll be better, means you have close to zero understanding of how this game works. You will not see one of those players in any top 100 or elite players side.

Yeah so narrow-minded. That means with a deadeye tots Anderson has 99 finishing.
    And yes WF is good but who honestly cares about 5 star skill moves lol..one pro uses a bunch of skills and that’s tekkz. what players can do ball rolls, fake shots and drag backs???

I guess I’ll be elite with those players..enjoy not having fun with tots players.

• Chuckball
    769 posts Semi-Pro
    It just started lmao

Werner
    Lewandoski
    Gnabry
    Suarez
    Benzema
    Partey
    Saul
    Etc

Yeah so narrow-minded. That means with a deadeye tots Anderson has 99 finishing.
    And yes WF is good but who honestly cares about 5 star skill moves lol..one pro uses a bunch of skills and that’s tekkz. what players can do ball rolls, fake shots and drag backs???

I guess I’ll be elite with those players..enjoy not having fun with tots players.

This
  • Professor
    4111 posts National Call-Up
    Some FB cards may be better then their respective Toty or Tots cards like Mbappe but with so much supply that will be available I can't see someone not trading their FB card for a tots version especially if it cost less.

Me for one and only excited to hopefully get Varane who IMO will be the best CB in the game and Mendy. Possibly I'll try a Son and Firminho if the price is right.
  • MHoney1234
    edited April 2020
    It just started lmao

Werner
    Lewandoski
    Gnabry
    Suarez
    Benzema
    Partey
    Saul
    Etc

But a 4* weak foot and 4* skills. You do know how this game works right? No disrespect but absolutely no way you’re an elite player with the way you talk. You’ve never heard of elastico?
    Chuckball wrote: »
    It just started lmao

Werner
    Lewandoski
    Gnabry
    Suarez
    Benzema
    Partey
    Saul
    Etc

This

As above
  • Fifapayne
    It just started lmao

Werner
    Lewandoski
    Gnabry
    Suarez
    Benzema
    Partey
    Saul
    Etc

But a 4* weak foot and 4* skills. You do know how this game works right?
    Chuckball wrote: »
    It just started lmao

Werner
    Lewandoski
    Gnabry
    Suarez
    Benzema
    Partey
    Saul
    Etc

This

As above

Yeah I think I got the concept of the game!
  • MHoney1234
    For context. Last year. Aouar TOTS 500k and top top tier card. This year Icardi. Nah
  • Fifapayne
    For context. Last year. Aouar TOTS 500k and top top tier card. This year Icardi. Nah

Yeah except he was released 2 months from now..
  • Sampaa
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited April 2020
    Winter refresh and then Fut Birthday comes around and EA start upgrading weak foot and suddenly any player less than 5* is unusable and trash. Good to know.

Discard your TOTY Mbappes, Messis, Ronaldos, and your Peles, Maradonas and Ronaldinhos guys, it's more of the same useless crap from EA as always
  • AHL
    470 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Agree with the OP, so far...

How many of these cards will make your best team? Maybe Joe Gomez is a top defender but you can buy similar players for less, thus it is likely his value declines. Icardi looks ago (and is fairly priced) but not that interesting in its own right. The objective cards are fairly generic - are players really going to grind for these?
  • Fifapayne
    I would like to add..during community tots fifa 19
    The sbcs were
    85 odeegard which was awful
    88 Sissoko who had 52 marking
    86 mbabu ( who was good but you had to link with icons.)

Fifa 20
    Day 1 tots SBC
    90 rated Icardi who links to neymar,mbappe, di maria, Ben yedder, tots moses.
  • Roobar
    1489 posts Play-Off Hero
    @MHoney1234 totally agree with you, not upgrading those things is huge and I am also not half as excited now, just look at toty mbappe versus his FB. That promo created far more important players.

You will get so many people saying that they are looking forward to new not same old cards etc. But I never see them in WL.

And day 1 should have been an exciting SBC to pick things off. Absolutely everything in this game is marketing decisions now , don't launch a good SBC day one, the market will be flooded with fodder , drain the fodder then drop them, this is the constant style of decision that's made.
  • Sampaa
    AHL wrote: »

How many of these cards will make your best team? Maybe Joe Gomez is a top defender but you can buy similar players for less, thus it is likely his value declines. Icardi looks ago (and is fairly priced) but not that interesting in its own right. The objective cards are fairly generic - are players really going to grind for these?

I find Icardi interesting. So much so that I just spent 30k and dumped untradeable shapeshifter and other high ~40-60k tradeable players for him.

And if Thuram fit in my team then yes, I would.

It's just people have been spoilt. Be grateful for the variety not just entitled and dissatisfied at everything no matter what.
    It's flipping community tots of course it's going to be crappy. Wait for the others. Doubt people will be crying at the ultimate tots. Actually, who knows, it's fifa community of course they will, they'll find something to whine about.

What similar players are there to Joe Gomez for less?
  • Sampaa
    I would like to add..during community tots fifa 19
    The sbcs were
    85 odeegard which was awful
    88 Sissoko who had 52 marking
    86 mbabu ( who was good but you had to link with icons.)

Fifa 20
    Day 1 tots SBC
    90 rated Icardi who links to neymar,mbappe, di maria, Ben yedder, tots moses.

:D:D:D
    people complaining are such a joke
  • Fifapayne
    Roobar wrote: »
    @MHoney1234 totally agree with you, not upgrading those things is huge and I am also not half as excited now, just look at toty mbappe versus his FB. That promo created far more important players.

You will get so many people saying that they are looking forward to new not same old cards etc. But I never see them in WL.

And day 1 should have been an exciting SBC to pick things off. Absolutely everything in this game is marketing decisions now , don't launch a good SBC day one, the market will be flooded with fodder , drain the fodder then drop them, this is the constant style of decision that's made.

Too bad you don’t play me..i use players I think are good don’t really follow what everyone else uses.
    Such as
    PM silva ( don’t see too much of him)
    PM Ramsey
    Tots moses
    Tots icardi
    FB rodrigo
    Eoe david villa still ballin out
    Headliner smalling ( if he gets tots is gonna be a beast.)
  • Chewbaccary
    2561 posts Fans' Favourite
    Once you actually achieve your dream squad, you realize the gameplay is still the gameplay.

That's why my hype level for TOTS is like a 3 or 4 out of 10.

The game is the game, and cards don't matter as much as you'd think.
  • DasPonyboy
    852 posts Semi-Pro
    Every year EA introduces more and more high rated cards through non stop promotions so sadly I just feel the hype will be less every year for Tots.
  • MHoney1234

TOTS was released later and EA will not release anything that can hurt pack sales. We’ve seen that from the very day of release.
  • Fifapayne

TOTS was released later and EA will not release anything that can hurt pack sales. We’ve seen that from the very day of release.

Tots last year started May 10th
    Aouar still came out about 1.5 months later.
    The first big tots card we got was flashback firmino
  • Gnomenclature
    8214 posts League Winner
    Most people have learned by now that the poor gameplay just makes getting top players kinda pointless.

The bday players are too good. Just look at tots brandt - bday havertz is just a better card due to weakfoot.

Mls is getting squad though - using players you love irl will always be better than using the meta.
  • MHoney1234

Exactly mate. Gomez is the same price and better rated than PIM Rio.
    limjitwe wrote: »
    You’re too spoilt by the Birthday Promo by EA.

We can’t have 5*\5* players filling every position.

Dude, I think if you release promo with all those WF and SM upgrades, you should at least offer something similar for TOTS. TOTS should be the best of the best, maybe I’m too old school and remember then days when this promo was the pinnacle of the calendar.
    Roobar wrote: »

And day 1 should have been an exciting SBC to pick things off. Absolutely everything in this game is marketing decisions now[\b] , don't launch a good SBC day one, the market will be flooded with fodder , drain the fodder then drop them, this is the constant style of decision that's made.

Too bad you don’t play me..i use players I think are good don’t really follow what everyone else uses.
    Such as
    PM silva ( don’t see too much of him)
    PM Ramsey
    Tots moses
    Tots icardi
    FB rodrigo
    Eoe david villa still ballin out
    Headliner smalling ( if he gets tots is gonna be a beast.)

This I agree with. It’s all business now, hence the removal of icon SBCs
  • MHoney1234
    edited April 2020
    Sampaa wrote: »

I find Icardi interesting. So much so that I just spent 30k and dumped untradeable shapeshifter and other high ~40-60k tradeable players for him.

And if Thuram fit in my team then yes, I would.

It's just people have been spoilt. Be grateful for the variety not just entitled and dissatisfied at everything no matter what.
    It's flipping community tots of course it's going to be crappy. Wait for the others. Doubt people will be crying at the ultimate tots. Actually, who knows, it's fifa community of course they will, they'll find something to whine about.

What similar players are there to Joe Gomez for less?

PIM Rio, Prime Rio, TOTY De Ligt. HL Varane off the top of my head
  • limjitwe
    10044 posts Has That Special Something
    edited April 2020
    Dude. You’re getting the juiced up versions of the best players. TOTS has always been like that without changes in WF and SM.

I don’t think everyone should have 5* WF and SM upgrades... It just doesn’t make sense