Game on PC unplayable - Focus lost bug to everyone

Comments

• shepj6
    867 posts Semi-Pro
    shadowlee wrote: »
    Well done on finding a work around, but it should never come to this, i am just going to wait for ea to patch the client again. Hopefully very soon

Completely agree, shouldn’t get as far as a work around like this.
  • phoenix87
    72 posts Park Captain
    This is clearly an issue across the PC player base, I’ve just had it happen 3 times all before 20th minute. Fix asap please and extend season as people will be trying to hit objectives is the minimum we should be seeing here as customers.
  • shepj6
    867 posts Semi-Pro
    phoenix87 wrote: »
    This is clearly an issue across the PC player base, I’ve just had it happen 3 times all before 20th minute. Fix asap please and extend season as people will be trying to hit objectives is the minimum we should be seeing here as customers.

Try the workaround above I’ve had an hours gameplay with no issues this evening, after having issues all day. I know it shouldn’t come down to us to fix it but it takes 2 mins, if you really need to play today. Still not good though, no excuse.
  • shadowlee
    116 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    would appreciate an ea update when possible please
  • kurbalija
    368 posts Sunday League Hero
    shepj6 wrote: »
    Just managed to play my first full SB game today without losing focus to desktop after following these instructions (credit to poster on thread on EA answers I linked further up).

1. Close Origin and services processes (OriginWebHelperService.exe и OriginClientService.exe).

2. Delete all files in 2 folders
    "C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License"
    "C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License"

3. Start Origin again

I backed up the files in the 2 folders first before deleting, just in case.

Going to try out a rivals game now...

Edit: Got through rivals game too

Great FIX mate, it works, thanks man, these EA cash grabbers should give you something in return for finding a fix for this mess of theirs
  • shadowlee
    i can also confirm i tried to above steps and it does work, be nice to actually get a real fix from ea soon
  • Seleukos
    465 posts An Exciting Prospect
    great, it works. back in Div3:) Thanks a lot, mate!!!
  • shadowlee
    any update on this please ea
  • Habermas
    164 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I simply cannot find those 2 files to delete 🤔. I can't play anymore now either because of this bug, funny thing is I played 4-5 games without any problems and then out of the blue this "focus lost" bug happens again and again. Hope there's a fix coming soon 🙏
  • phoenix87
    72 posts Park Captain

Try the workaround above I’ve had an hours gameplay with no issues this evening, after having issues all day. I know it shouldn’t come down to us to fix it but it takes 2 mins, if you really need to play today. Still not good though, no excuse.

Working well thank you. Maybe EA should pay you instead of their actual employees?
  • barci
    769 posts Semi-Pro
    @Habermas
    those are hidden folders. just search on windows10 for %appdata% and %programdata%
  • shepj6
    867 posts Semi-Pro

Working well thank you. Maybe EA should pay you instead of their actual employees?

Good to hear it’s working for you and lots of others, can’t believe almost 2 days later and there is still no official fix from EA. To be fair the credit goes to the original poster on the EA Answers site.
  • Lash93
    9 posts Ball Boy
    thanks a lot shep, it was driving me crazy
  • Habermas
    barci wrote: »
    @Habermas
    those are hidden folders. just search on windows10 for %appdata% and %programdata%

Thank you mate 🙏
  • Rich2015
    237 posts Sunday League Hero
    I dont have the app data folder for EA? I had the other one and deleted the files in that
  • TheTormentor07
    1250 posts Professional
    Rich2015 wrote: »
    I dont have the app data folder for EA? I had the other one and deleted the files in that

Search %appdata% find the folder "local" then Electronic Arts then Ea Services and finally Licences, then delete those files.

Worked for me, was able to play a rivals match, shame my opponent rage quit when I was 2-0 up :D
  • shadowlee
    not much help but ea on twitter just confirmed with me, they are looking in to this
  • jimcwx
    39 posts Park Captain
    EA_Roger wrote: »
    Seleukos wrote: »
    shadowlee wrote: »
    I then roll backed the client . I then had no issues at all, all working ok , playing fifa was ok no lost focus, no issue at all . I then upgraded again to latest version . The issues all started again, and fifa not playable at moment on line .

Thank you

Please tell me how i can roll back the client!!!

Don't think that is possible from what I know.

Thanks @shadowlee for that info.

Why does it automatically lose you the game when you lose focus? Is this game from the past using anti-cheat methods from 1998? If you literally look up FIFA cheats on google you can easily find cheats that actually disable this anti-focus thing so the only thing the anti-focus auto-loss screws over are people who are actually trying to play the game without cheats.

Does EA even have an actual QA department? How did this even get through initial production? Are the ones in charge people who have never played an online video game and thought that would be a good method of stopping cheaters?

• mway
    1896 posts Play-Off Hero
    jimcwx wrote: »
    Is this game from the past using anti-cheat methods from 1998? If you literally look up FIFA cheats on google you can easily find cheats that actually disable this anti-focus thing so the only thing the anti-focus auto-loss screws over are people who are actually trying to play the game without cheats.
    Does EA even have an actual QA department? How did this even get through initial production? Are the ones in charge people who have never played an online video game and thought that would be a good method of stopping cheaters?

They don´t care mate. Don´t waste your time. Play another game.
  • iNekros
    2 posts Ball Boy
    Just managed to play my first full SB game today without losing focus to desktop after following these instructions (credit to poster on thread on EA answers I linked further up).

1. Close Origin and services processes (OriginWebHelperService.exe и OriginClientService.exe).

3. Start Origin again

I backed up the files in the 2 folders first before deleting, just in case.

Going to try out a rivals game now...

Edit: Got through rivals game too

you are savior man, thank you very much

But I guess nobody will give me back my 5games of Fut Champs, which ends in def loss
  • jimcwx
    39 posts Park Captain
    mway wrote: »
    jimcwx wrote: »
    Is this game from the past using anti-cheat methods from 1998? If you literally look up FIFA cheats on google you can easily find cheats that actually disable this anti-focus thing so the only thing the anti-focus auto-loss screws over are people who are actually trying to play the game without cheats.

They don´t care mate. Don´t waste your time. Play another game.

They should just patch it out of the game then because it helps no one.
  • Lash93
    9 posts Ball Boy
    thanks a lot for that fix mate
  • TimJ147
    37 posts Last Pick at the Park
    @EA_Andy, @EA_Roger . This has still not been fixed. Even with using the fix provided by a forum member, you still have to delete the folder every other game else you lose focus.

This has happened in 5 of my WL games so far. Its pretty clear to everyone that the pc is used as a testing platform without any communication towards a fix, pretty shocking really!
  • Habermas
    TimJ147 wrote: »
    @EA_Andy, @EA_Roger . This has still not been fixed. Even with using the fix provided by a forum member, you still have to delete the folder every other game else you lose focus.

This has happened in 5 of my WL games so far. Its pretty clear to everyone that the pc is used as a testing platform without any communication towards a fix, pretty shocking really!

I deleted the files only one time, and have now played 30 games in WL and 20 other games without problems at all
  • greggles
    2256 posts Fans' Favourite
    This has only started happening to me today, anyone facing this issue still or know how to fix it?
  • UKBOY81
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Seleukos wrote: »
    Bei warned. You are Not able to finish games since this morning. You will receive the "Focus lost" Message every time. Got IT 3 Times a row and lost about 100 Ranking points.
    What the hell is going on, EA???

I have the sam Problem i cant play fifa with the game lose the focus
  • shepj6
    867 posts Semi-Pro
    greggles wrote: »
    This has only started happening to me today, anyone facing this issue still or know how to fix it?

Have you tried this? Strange that it's only just started happening, unless you've only just updated origin. For me it's been fine since I did this (prior to doing it was losing focus every couple of mins):

3. Start Origin again
  • greggles
    2256 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fixed: I reinstalled origin
  • TimJ147
    37 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Habermas wrote: »
    TimJ147 wrote: »

I deleted the files only one time, and have now played 30 games in WL and 20 other games without problems at all

That is a different experience to myself, its best that people on here know it only fixes for a certain amount of games.
  • EA_Roger
    1231 posts EA Community Manager
    edited April 29
    greggles wrote: »

Have you tried this? Strange that it's only just started happening, unless you've only just updated origin. For me it's been fine since I did this (prior to doing it was losing focus every couple of mins):

3. Start Origin again

This is the recommended workaround at this time, it was found by a user on AHQ. Our Origin team is still working on a fix for this in the meantime. Thanks for your patience & apologies for the inconvenience.
    Post edited by EA_Roger on