Game on PC unplayable - Focus lost bug to everyone

1345
Seleukos
465 posts An Exciting Prospect
Bei warned. You are Not able to finish games since this morning. You will receive the "Focus lost" Message every time. Got IT 3 Times a row and lost about 100 Ranking points.
What the hell is going on, EA???

Comments

  • shadowlee
    116 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Since latest origin update i get lost focus screen on every game i play . There is a couple of threads appearing on tech support now . Just a heads up
  • Seleukos
    465 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Had the Same issue 3times a row today. Bye Bye div3
  • Seleukos
    465 posts An Exciting Prospect
    @EA_Roger can you give us any feedback on this issue???
  • Seleukos
    465 posts An Exciting Prospect
    @EA_Roger can you tell us something?
  • Seleukos
    465 posts An Exciting Prospect
    /up
  • EA_Roger
    1231 posts EA Community Manager
    Hey, sorry about this could you link me a thread so I can check this out and provide any information you can on this issue. I tried playing a game myself without any issues, what mode were you in? Was there anything specific you were doing at the time? Could you send me a screenshot of what this looks like?
  • EA_Roger
    1231 posts EA Community Manager
    Merged threads & moved to PC section, please don't bump this so much.
  • Seleukos
    465 posts An Exciting Prospect
    EA_Roger wrote: »
    Merged threads & moved to PC section, please don't bump this so much.

    sorry, my fault, was to furious becauselost now 4 games beause of this
  • Seleukos
    465 posts An Exciting Prospect
    EA_Roger wrote: »
    Hey, sorry about this could you link me a thread so I can check this out and provide any information you can on this issue. I tried playing a game myself without any issues, what mode were you in? Was there anything specific you were doing at the time? Could you send me a screenshot of what this looks like?

    Division rivals on PC. happened now the 4th time. i did nothing, have no other programm running. there is also no other programm or app popping up in the screen. Just got the regular message that i lost game focus
  • EA_Roger
    1231 posts EA Community Manager
    No worries I get the frustration, don't know if you saw my reply above but if you could reply to these questions that would be great:
    EA_Roger wrote: »
    Hey, sorry about this could you link me a thread so I can check this out and provide any information you can on this issue. I tried playing a game myself without any issues, what mode were you in? Was there anything specific you were doing at the time? Could you send me a screenshot of what this looks like?

  • EA_Roger
    1231 posts EA Community Manager
    Seleukos wrote: »
    EA_Roger wrote: »
    Hey, sorry about this could you link me a thread so I can check this out and provide any information you can on this issue. I tried playing a game myself without any issues, what mode were you in? Was there anything specific you were doing at the time? Could you send me a screenshot of what this looks like?

    Division rivals on PC. happened now the 4th time. i did nothing, have no other programm running. there is also no other programm or app popping up in the screen. Just got the regular message that i lost game focus

    Ignore my previous message and thanks for the information.
  • shadowlee
    116 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited April 21
    @ EA roger . I will supply all the info i can for you . Did update to origin client as normal . played fifa every game was getting lost focus . This was happening in any on line mode of fiifa , tried rival and friendly after say 3- 4 min of play as well as co op mode . I was playing with a mate of mine, and as i got the lost focus screen , he told me that his origin was telling him i was switching games from need to speed to star wars back to fifa in a few seconds for some reason. friend was on old client build

    I also noticed when typing in the chat option to origin to him, the origin client would sometimes minimize itself to task bar, never seen that before .

    I then roll backed the client . I then had no issues at all, all working ok , playing fifa was ok no lost focus, no issue at all . I then upgraded again to latest version . The issues all started again, and fifa not playable at moment on line .

    Here is a link to a thread i made and somebody else thread as requested

    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Origin-client-update-10-5-68-has-broken-fifa-pc-old-client-works/m-p/8994003#M40192


    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Fullscreen-game-breaking-bug/td-p/8980192/highlight/false

    Thank you
  • Seleukos
    465 posts An Exciting Prospect
    shadowlee wrote: »
    I then roll backed the client . I then had no issues at all, all working ok , playing fifa was ok no lost focus, no issue at all . I then upgraded again to latest version . The issues all started again, and fifa not playable at moment on line .


    Thank you

    Please tell me how i can roll back the client!!!
  • EA_Roger
    1231 posts EA Community Manager
    Seleukos wrote: »
    shadowlee wrote: »
    I then roll backed the client . I then had no issues at all, all working ok , playing fifa was ok no lost focus, no issue at all . I then upgraded again to latest version . The issues all started again, and fifa not playable at moment on line .


    Thank you

    Please tell me how i can roll back the client!!!

    Don't think that is possible from what I know.

    Thanks @shadowlee for that info.
  • DavidTrezeguet
    42 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Temp solution for gamepad users (untried with keyboard)

    Try deactivating Origin in-game (Origin settings),
    run FIFA20 windowed (fifaconfig), manually adjust the window size like the desktop.
    Play FUT in smooth mode!
  • shadowlee
    116 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited April 21



    You can only uninstall origin and download an old version from a google search, which i did to test . Next time you re boot it will ask you to upgrade and if you do not you can not go online with it . It is not worth to do it. I just did it to test to prove the error

  • shadowlee
    116 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited April 21
    just an update, just played an online freindly 35 min game time lost focus again,
  • Seleukos
    465 posts An Exciting Prospect
    shadowlee wrote: »
    just an update, just played an online freindly 35 min game time lost focus again,

    Thanks, Mate.
    It's ridiculous with totssf coming next
  • shadowlee
    116 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited April 21
    EA_Roger wrote: »
    Hey, sorry about this could you link me a thread so I can check this out and provide any information you can on this issue. I tried playing a game myself without any issues, what mode were you in? Was there anything specific you were doing at the time? Could you send me a screenshot of what this looks like?


    Sorry for another post just noticed something else, got the client open and at bottom of screen it it showing my mate started playing need for sdped , then stopped, then started anthem then stopped all in a few seconds, not enough time to actually do this if he was . Also game client on desktop just vanished and i had to click on origin logo on task bar for it to appear again. Something really strange going on here only on client 10.5.68.39605-760501. old client no issues
  • shepj6
    867 posts Semi-Pro
    edited April 21
    This has been doing my head in all morning, only playing Squad battles, so not losing games, but losing focus every 2 or 3 mins. So glad it's not just me, been trawling through all of the services running and stopping various ones, but looks like it's an origin issue - what a surprise!

    I'm also on Origin version 10.5.68.39605-760501

    ps. it does it whilst in Menus too, so not just while playing.
  • shadowlee
    116 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    shepj6 wrote: »
    This has been doing my head in all morning, only playing Squad battles, so not losing games, but losing focus every 2 or 3 mins. So glad it's not just me, been trawling through all of the services running and stopping various ones, but looks like it's an origin issue - what a surprise!

    I'm also on Origin version 10.5.68.39605-760501

    ps. it does it whilst in Menus too, so not just while playing.

    can also confirm in menus, opening packs and screen goes from full screen to having borders , and need to click back on screen to be able to correct it just same as lost focus screen when playing on line

    can we get am update to know it is being looked at please
  • TimJ147
    37 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Had this happen 3 rivals games in a row now. Lost focus to game.
  • shepj6
    867 posts Semi-Pro
    Temp solution for gamepad users (untried with keyboard)

    Try deactivating Origin in-game (Origin settings),
    run FIFA20 windowed (fifaconfig), manually adjust the window size like the desktop.
    Play FUT in smooth mode!

    Doesn't work for me, have everything turned off in origin (including now disabling Origin In-game), still loses focus in windowed mode.
  • kurbalija
    368 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited April 21
    shepj6 wrote: »
    Temp solution for gamepad users (untried with keyboard)

    Try deactivating Origin in-game (Origin settings),
    run FIFA20 windowed (fifaconfig), manually adjust the window size like the desktop.
    Play FUT in smooth mode!

    Doesn't work for me, have everything turned off in origin (including now disabling Origin In-game), still loses focus in windowed mode.

    same here, just started playing with these settings and its still getting out of focus, It happens roughly every 5 minutes
    Post edited by kurbalija on
  • TimJ147
    37 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Any news on this ? @EA_Roger
  • shepj6
    867 posts Semi-Pro
    edited April 21
    It's been acknowledged and is under investigation by the Origin team according to EA_Cade in this:

    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Fullscreen-game-breaking-bug/td-p/8980192/page/3

    Doesn't help those who are still scrambling to get the icon swaps and other seasonal objectives done...
  • EA_Roger
    1231 posts EA Community Manager
    shepj6 wrote: »
    It's been acknowledged and is under investigation by the Origin team according to EA_Cade in this:

    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Fullscreen-game-breaking-bug/td-p/8980192/page/3

    Doesn't help those who are still scrambling to get the icon swaps and other seasonal objectives done...

    Yes, they are investigating it. Thanks for giving us more information on the issue at hand.
  • shepj6
    867 posts Semi-Pro
    edited April 21
    Just managed to play my first full SB game today without losing focus to desktop after following these instructions (credit to poster on thread on EA answers I linked further up).

    1. Close Origin and services processes (OriginWebHelperService.exe и OriginClientService.exe).

    2. Delete all files in 2 folders
    "C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License"
    "C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License"

    3. Start Origin again

    I backed up the files in the 2 folders first before deleting, just in case.

    Going to try out a rivals game now...

    Edit: Got through rivals game too
  • Seleukos
    465 posts An Exciting Prospect
    shepj6 wrote: »
    Just managed to play my first full SB game today without losing focus to desktop after following these instructions (credit to poster on thread on EA answers I linked further up).

    1. Close Origin and services processes (OriginWebHelperService.exe и OriginClientService.exe).

    2. Delete all files in 2 folders
    "C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License"
    "C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License"

    3. Start Origin again

    I backed up the files in the 2 folders first before deleting, just in case.

    Going to try out a rivals game now...

    Edit: Got through rivals game too

    Halleluja, will try it later. Thank you so much!
  • shadowlee
    116 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Well done on finding a work around, but it should never come to this, i am just going to wait for ea to patch the client again. Hopefully very soon
Sign In or Register to comment.