Need help for using PS4 controller on Fifa 20 PC

benicspo
1279 posts Professional
Has anyone had any success in using a PS4 controller (plugged in with USB) on Fifa 20? I have tried using DS4Windows and InputMapper but neither of these work- when I start up Fifa, the buttons seem to be assigned incorrectly and when I don't even press a button the game thinks I'm constantly pushing the joystick and it jumps around all the menus.

If anyone has managed to get it working I'd appreciate it greatly if you could share exactly what you do to make it work- I have a feeling there's just some specific 'ritual' that I have to follow otherwise it won't work.

Many thanks.

Comments

• BigMal
    5 posts Ball Boy
    In DS4Windows go to the Settings tab and make sure Hide DS4 Controller is ticked. Also, make sure to start DS4Windows before doing anything to load FIFA, I do it before I start Origin even. You should know it's working because you won't see the couldn't start in exclusive mode error.
  • omarnyc
    3826 posts National Call-Up
    BigMal wrote: »
    In DS4Windows go to the Settings tab and make sure Hide DS4 Controller is ticked. Also, make sure to start DS4Windows before doing anything to load FIFA, I do it before I start Origin even. You should know it's working because you won't see the couldn't start in exclusive mode error.

+1
  • benicspo
    1279 posts Professional
    BigMal wrote: »

Thank you so much! Can't believe this whole time all I've had to do is tick a little box.
  • Lash93
    9 posts Ball Boy
    what I do is launch origin with steam, saves me using ds4windows
  • lunch origin with Steam . it will work perfectly
  • benicspo
    1279 posts Professional
    Lash93 wrote: »
    what I do is launch origin with steam, saves me using ds4windows
    QTRhere wrote: »
    lunch origin with Steam . it will work perfectly

Would one of you mind explaining how to do that? @Lash93 @QTRhere
  • QTRhere