What formation do you play in WL?

Comments

• Rossco160715
    2576 posts Fans' Favourite
    Feurez wrote: »
    4231 with low depth, both CDMs and fullbacks on stay back. Up top Mbappe, Ben Yedder and Neymar. In Minute 70, I sub in Traoré and St. Maximin and bomb through balls on the wing with my fullbacks. I try to use dragbacks and ball rolls with every ball contact and simply get all my enjoyment out of winning and don’t care if the game Itself is neither enjoyable for myself or my opponent.

Good luck everybody in the weekend league

😂😂😂

I think I’ve played you, on repeat 😊
  • Boysie91
    11362 posts Has That Special Something
    Jrutts wrote: »
    41212 2

• Saheb251201
    928 posts Professional
    4-2-3-1(2) rarely see it around
  • Ftl
    744 posts Semi-Pro
    4321. If it doesnt work i switch 41212 narrow or all out attack 4222
  • Dogznuts
    170 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    4231 with low depth, both CDMs and fullbacks on stay back. Up top Mbappe, Ben Yedder and Neymar. In Minute 70, I sub in Traoré and St. Maximin and bomb through balls on the wing with my fullbacks. I try to use dragbacks and ball rolls with every ball contact and simply get all my enjoyment out of winning and don’t care if the game Itself is neither enjoyable for myself or my opponent.

At last some honesty 😂

• SomeNextGuy
    4781 posts Big Money Move
    4-3-3 2 or 4-1-2-1-2 2.
  • jonkero
    6704 posts Big Money Move
    4231, 4321, 424
  • Bevlarrrr
    1242 posts Professional
    Just moved to 352, first WL with it. Really enjoyable. Don’t think I’ve had so many rage quits in one WL
  • JTal23
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    4321, loads of passing options up top
  • Bowie78
    219 posts Sunday League Hero
    4-3-1-2. Been struggling for weeks using 4-2-3-1. Got to the stage where I nearly uninstalled the game. Copied a friends formations and tactics and it’s changed the game for me. I still lose plenty of games but for some reason, I feel like I’m getting beaten by better players. When I was using 4-2-3-1, I was losing to the sweaty tactics people use in WL. Most of them we’re good at taking advantage of the dodgy Fifa mechanics, great if you can do that, but I can’t. The game becomes boring, but after I changed to 4-3-1-2 this changed. I’m creating more space and chances and more importantly, I see less negative affects on my team caused by other players tactics. Stamina holds up, players move and pass well, and I actually score. FYI, my custom tactics were almost identical for each formation and there has been a massive change in gameplay for me
  • abhreebhu_45
    2021 posts Fans' Favourite
    A new formation
    0-0-0
    30 sweat feast games in 3 days for those rewards,,, nah
  • Skywalker XVII
    354 posts Sunday League Hero
    433(4) fun for attacking.
    41212 narrow with attacking fullbacks, super attacking but great in great in organized defending. Don't lose the ball though because you will get killed on the counter.
    4231 if nothing else works or if the gameplay turns to crap in the second half as it often does when youve been dominating the first half.
  • Rossco160715
    2576 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited April 19
    Not many people saying they use 4231 yet it’s the ONLY formation you ever see. Aye, okay.

It goes to show that the wool brigade are even ashamed about using it. Good.
  • MHoney1234
    10339 posts Has That Special Something
    Amazing how many in here pretending not to play 4231
  • TTGM
    588 posts Semi-Pro
    I seem to be the one of a few people that just can't use 4231, just simply fall to peices when I use it
  • fussydutchman
    1292 posts Professional
    edited April 19
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    @fussydutchman

Thanks for sharing. I will use it in rivals over the week. The 451(2) I use is more attacking than all of your tactics :smile:

451 (2)

Press after posession loss
    width 5
    depth: 8

Possession
    width: 7
    players in box: 6

ST: False nine, stay foreward
    RM/LM: free roam, get in behind, get into box for cross
    LCM: Get foreward, free roam, get in box, cover wing
    RCM: Free roam, cover wing
    CCM: cover center, drop between defender
    LB/RB: Stay back (activate dpad join attack almost always) VERY IMPORTANT
    GK: sweeper keeper

@EisenErmin Thanks for sharing your tactics. I’ll give them a whirl. How do you like it with your mids on free roam? I haven’t used that yet in this formation.

• EisenErmin
    9219 posts League Winner
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    @fussydutchman

Thanks for sharing. I will use it in rivals over the week. The 451(2) I use is more attacking than all of your tactics :smile:

451 (2)

Press after posession loss
    width 5
    depth: 8

Possession
    width: 7
    players in box: 6

ST: False nine, stay foreward
    RM/LM: free roam, get in behind, get into box for cross
    LCM: Get foreward, free roam, get in box, cover wing
    RCM: Free roam, cover wing
    CCM: cover center, drop between defender
    LB/RB: Stay back (activate dpad join attack almost always) VERY IMPORTANT
    GK: sweeper keeper

@EisenErmin Thanks for sharing your tactics. I’ll give them a whirl. How do you like it with your mids on free roam? I haven’t used that yet in this formation.

@fussydutchman

Free roam is great if you have top tier CM players that can score and assists from everywhere. I dont use defensive minded CM at all and I rely on them scoring many goals (Toty De Bruyne and FB Rooney, SS Mkhitaryan, 88 Bruno Fernandes and players alike)
  • DannySTFC
    4352 posts National Call-Up
    Just stopped champs at 17-8 using 4222, one striker on false 9 instructions to help with build up play, seems well balanced and good to use.
  • Dan_orme
    68 posts Park Captain
    I’m
    Bevlarrrr wrote: »
    Just moved to 352, first WL with it. Really enjoyable. Don’t think I’ve had so many rage quits in one WL

Would like to give this a try, what are your custom tactics??
  • Bevlarrrr
    1242 posts Professional
    Dan_orme wrote: »
    I’m

C8612-B08-B502-4-DFC-A8-A4-92582-CE363-C4.png

That’s what I use mate. RM and LM come back on defence, stay wide, get in behind and get into box. One CDM stay back cover centre, other CDM balanced and cover centre, CAM stay forward get into box and not ST get in behind. I do have a solid team tho
  • Greezyweezy101
    1877 posts Fans' Favourite
    9-2-0

Ahh the weekend league special
  • Dan_orme
    68 posts Park Captain
    I’m

That’s what I use mate. RM and LM come back on defence, stay wide, get in behind and get into box. One CDM stay back cover centre, other CDM balanced and cover centre, CAM stay forward get into box and not ST get in behind. I do have a solid team tho

Cheers mush I’ll give it a try
  • Bevlarrrr
    1242 posts Professional
    I’m

No worries mate. Let me know how you get on
  • MPL4
    1806 posts Fans' Favourite
    In using 41213 2...oh and 433 4, err and 442, 451, 433 normal, 4321, 4222 and 352. Losing with all, so, happy f******g days lol
  • aziz_221
    175 posts Sunday League Hero
    41212- 433
    Every opponents has different play style I change it when I have to
  • tommyboyo
    1635 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 19

Top post.

This is my online experience in a nutshell these days!!

Edit: Only thing you missed, was Kante/Sissoko/Bakayoko charging around after you with lightning speed and reflexes for the full 90 mins and constantly teleporting in from 5 yards away to tackle and wipe out you much stronger (in theory) player.
  • Dan_orme
    68 posts Park Captain
    I’m

I was really struggling this week and was sat at 7 wins and 12 losses. Switched to this and won 7 of my next 8.

I scored plenty and enjoyed it more than the other formations, not as rigid.
  • Bevlarrrr
    1242 posts Professional
    I’m

I was really struggling this week and was sat at 7 wins and 12 losses. Switched to this and won 7 of my next 8.

I scored plenty and enjoyed it more than the other formations, not as rigid.

Good to hear mate ! Definitely makes it more enjoyable, when the game play is smooth ! It’s vulnerable at times but some games it’s the matter of I’ll score more than you. Playing the high depth helps I find. I use to play 4 depth but ever since I’ve played 8 depth I haven’t looked back
  • Vixonner
    315 posts Sunday League Hero
    41212 narrow