Formation change mid game.. wtf!

NucksNation
4363 posts National Call-Up
Game play is absolutely ❤️❤️❤️❤️..
I feel like the players have a ball of chain in their ankles when running.. none of them follows instruction, it’s like Sarri and Kepa all over

Winning 3-1 72min decided to switch from 3-4-1-2 to 4-2-3-1 to end the games safe.. subbed in a LB for a striker.. but guess what. Few seconds in formation switches back and my LB is playing ST..

Comments

• NucksNation
    Has anyone faced this or never caught it?.. any fix
  • PirateW
    480 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited April 2020
    Did you pause the game then scroll over to change mentality, maybe setting it defensive (4-2-3-1) formation before making the sub?

If you took off your striker and brought on left back during that, but your normal formation is 3-4-1-2, then when you re-entered the match the sub would have been made but you'd still be playing normal mentality if you didn't use d-pad to change it to match the mentality formation that your substitute was intended for.

Alternatively, if all your formations were 3-4-1-2 and you changed the 'normal' mentality formation to 4-2-3-1, but then used the d-pad after you made the sub, the formation in game would revert back to 3-4-1-2 to match the mentality selected by d-pad.
  • NucksNation
    Paused the game
    Switched the formation to 4-2-3-1 and my ST auto filled the LB position, so then I subbed him for a LB to match my formation.. both D and Offense were on balance set.. subbed happened and LB started in LB received my short gk then as the play went on I found him playing ST..
  • Devers
    7768 posts League Winner
    Been happening for about 2-3 weeks now. Nobody seems to be bothered enough to fix it.

I only got the game around Christmas and i dont think there has been a weekend where something hasnt gone wrong or broke.

• PirateW
    Sounds like you changed the normal mentality formation to 4-2-3-1 but the defensive and attacking (and ultra defensive/ultra attacking) would have stayed at the default formation (3-4-1-2).
    When you went back into the match you may well have changed the (d-pad) quick tactic mentality to defensive or attacking which then altered the formation.
    The balanced aspect you refer to relates to team defensive style or attacking build up style rather than formation. It's the formation which caused this change not style.
  • NucksNation
    edited April 2020
    maybe I wasn’t paying attention but I will try it again and keep an eye

Thx
  • Devers
    7768 posts League Winner
    This has been happening for weeks.

I have found that the main time it happens is when you swap a player position when in balanced.

For example, if i go salah up front and mane left mid, and pause at start and swap them, there positions are mixed up and not where they should be when i d-pad change to offensive/ defensive. Even though i have them set a certain way in custom tactics before the game.
  • PirateW
    Do you have different formations for different (d-pad) quick tactics?
    Eg I have 4-4-2 as normal.
    3-4-2-1 as attacking (I changed player positions in custom tactics so RB>RM, LB>LM, LM>LCM, LCM>RCB, RM>RF, ST>LF). When I change quick tactic to attacking my players automatically move to the correct positions.
    5-3-2 as defensive - RB>RWB, LB>LWB, LCM>RCB, RM>RCM, LM>LCM.

However, I know that if I make a sub on normal and put a more attacking minded player at LCM, if I change my quick tactic then that player will go to RCB - having an attacking midfielder in that position isn't good, so you need to know your own tactics and their consequences.

When you don't set custom tactics before the match and then fiddle about with formations during an in-match pause, all sorts of messed up things can happen that you can't fix or necessarily anticipate in the 40 seconds pause time you've got.

Well prepared quick tactics are the only solution.
  • NucksNation
    PirateW wrote: »
    Do you have different formations for different (d-pad) quick tactics?
    Eg I have 4-4-2 as normal.
    3-4-2-1 as attacking (I changed player positions in custom tactics so RB>RM, LB>LM, LM>LCM, LCM>RCB, RM>RF, ST>LF). When I change quick tactic to attacking my players automatically move to the correct positions.
    5-3-2 as defensive - RB>RWB, LB>LWB, LCM>RCB, RM>RCM, LM>LCM.

However, I know that if I make a sub on normal and put a more attacking minded player at LCM, if I change my quick tactic then that player will go to RCB - having an attacking midfielder in that position isn't good, so you need to know your own tactics and their consequences.

When you don't set custom tactics before the match and then fiddle about with formations during an in-match pause, all sorts of messed up things can happen that you can't fix or necessarily anticipate in the 40 seconds pause time you've got.

Well prepared quick tactics are the only solution.

This actually helps, I just started back couple weeks ago on fut so this helps a lot

Appreciate it