Youth Academy Challenge

I want to do a youth Academy challenge but I don’t know how to go about it and Sparring DK didn’t explain his rules. I guess the main thing is am I allowed to keep the real players until I have a full youth squad.

Comments

• Steffolovitch
    261 posts Sunday League Hero
    Well, I've just started one, and I chose to simulate the first seven league games, until I could field an 11 of academy graduates. So from matchday 8 I have only fielded youth players and have put anyone else on the transfer list.

I don't know if there are rules, you'll have to follow to do a youth academy challenge correctly. Just do it how you like, and for me it made sense just to simulate the games, until I had enough youth players. I play with Sunderland, currently in December 2019, sitting 9th in League One. The board expects me to win the league though, so I'm not sitting too comfortably in my seat.
  • Danic123
    3121 posts National Call-Up
    I did this:

I used Liverpool.

At the start I put all players into the free agents & signed up players from other clubs who were rated under 50.

I then purchased 3 5* scouts. Pretty quickly they had found players better than the ones I had & I had a full team of scouted players.

In the SDK / Cutzy version they take a lower league team & are obviously prohibited from getting 5* scouts because of the wage difference, but they have the advantage of purchasing computer generated players which I do not.

They also play on PC now & can edit stuff to suit their story mode etc, I play on XBOX so can’t.
  • Steffolovitch
    261 posts Sunday League Hero
    I think I could actually afford three decent scouts with Sunderland. I used the 60% funds increase, when I went into the game, so I didn't have any money issues when signing up my scouts and sending them out to find me some talent. I don't remember if they were all 5* scouts, but they had 4* in one and 5* in the other, as I recall.

Anyway, it took me a very long time to become a winning side with this team. Just kept losing and couldn't score frequently, finding me in 11th place far into the campaign. So the results put me on a leish, and I also issued the captain with a far too lucrative contract, which almost got me fired, as my manager rating dropped to 50.

But I was lucky getting some unreal talent in, and with a great unbeaten run towards the end I went into the playoffs and won the promotion to the championship, while possibly saving my job. Now I can also field an 11, who have all got a potential above 80, so there is really no limit to how far this team can go.