Anyone above 30 still improving and in Div 1?

Toshevv
1033 posts Professional
I am searching for fellow "students of the game"

I just hit 32 and probably I am playing my best FIFA ever I learnt how to skill etc . No way I am amazing player I hit Div 1 1950 rating and Gold 1 usually with one Elite 3

For the younger guys you probably are still not thinking about it but I am afraid over the next few years reflexes will go down. I mean father time is undefeated :smile:

I am wondering who else is on the wrong side of the thirty and continue to improving and what are you tips for it?

I am in pretty good shape and very active so I hope I can keep playing video games at a high level for a long time. Once you get married there are very few hobbies that remain in your life . So I cant afford to be awful at this

Comments

• What’s ur play style I’m 35 been playing since 09 but never seem to improve lol my win and lose ratio is 50/50
  • mickw356
    303 posts Sunday League Hero
    Im39 and div5/6 is my level, agree reflexes Adjust a little but tough to say for definate as only play casual maybe an hour 3/4 times a week due to work/family. Still enjoy it tho.
  • OneLegWanderer
    468 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Sadly I’m going the other way I’m 36 in a few months but due to using crutches for the last 26 years (one leg and additional hip problems) I’ve got early arthritis in my hands and while it doesn’t overly affect me playing in that I play relatively pain free it has drastically affected my reactions

I’m a div 4/5 player and haven’t played champs for months (going to this weekend though for my sins) but was only a regular silver 1/gold 3 player

BUT I still do enjoy playing and currently saving up for prime moments Okocha as I’m a Bolton (remember how good we used to be *sigh*) fan so that keeps me going :-)
  • Knowlesdinho
    13363 posts Has That Special Something
    I don't think being fit and active has that much bearing on your ability to play games.
  • Blackbird10
    1256 posts Professional
    I’m 27 and I just can’t keep up with skilling. I can’t even time a ball roll properly. I could probably practice, but I’d rather spend that time on GTA or Football Manager or watching a box set.
  • Wayno69
    1280 posts Professional
    35 here, Div 3/4 and I hit E3 if I can be bothered to play past G1. My team def lets me down in some areas, have fun using my players tho..
  • Theomanny
    1983 posts Fans' Favourite
    I am 31 and improving every time. Gold 1 if i put my mind to it. Usually div 1 but been 4-3 cos playing on 4g this year having moved house so having gameplay issues all the time.

I only use the Basic skill moves to evade opponents.

My reflex still as good having played games from a young age. COD Shipment mode is a good way to test your reflex. Cant remember a time i dont top the leaderboard playing shipment on multiplayer cod so yes pretty much improving.
  • Wolves37
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I'm 41 and not improving at all - comfortable with my playstyle, I try to not abuse the mechanics and can sleep well at night!

One thing I am going to do for the next FIFA is stick religiously to one league and one nation as my team's to take me throughout 21, I swap all the time and could have millions instead I have a pittance compared to others
  • OneLegWanderer
    468 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Wolves37 wrote: »
    I'm 41 and not improving at all - comfortable with my playstyle, I try to not abuse the mechanics and can sleep well at night!

One thing I am going to do for the next FIFA is stick religiously to one league and one nation as my team's to take me throughout 21, I swap all the time and could have millions instead I have a pittance compared to others

I’m doing that at the moment with my England team and I’m gonna stick to probably an England team in 21 as like you I could have millions if I didn’t sink coins into
    unnecessary sbcs

https://imgur.com/a/gBDi58l
  • Delboy13710
    7824 posts League Winner
    You 👴🏼

Im 35 always been div 1 g1/e3 player pretty sure I’d be better if the kids weren’t running around being annoying lol

Now there playing Fortnite a lot during lockdown they have taken over the internet . It’s all good made me realise that maybe I was a bit too addicted and better to let the kids play as computers I supposedly made for kids 🤔.

My tips for anyone with kids/family looking to get better, is find time to play when nobody else is around. I find it really hard to concentrate with lots going on in the background so I usually play early mornings or midday .
    Also I set timers so I don’t get to zoned in so I’ll play for like an hour or so then turn it off.

Reflexes along with everything else only go down the older you get I’m afraid OP

• HocTocHai
    389 posts Sunday League Hero
    35 here and top100 ;)
  • Toshevv
    1033 posts Professional
    I don't think being fit and active has that much bearing on your ability to play games.

I mean once you get older if you really get out of shape it will really slow you down. I have friends my age and they struggle to operate their phone let alone games.

As a young guy you can be badly out of shape and still have top notch reflexes
  • Nodge86
    2358 posts Fans' Favourite
    PSA to all under 30’s. Reflexes do not go down. This is just an excuse that average players use.
  • Toshevv
    1033 posts Professional
    What’s ur play style I’m 35 been playing since 09 but never seem to improve lol my win and lose ratio is 50/50

I watch a lot of youtube content . I can afford a good team so that really helps out especially early one but now I am trying to improve my scoop turns /elastico 3 step roulette to free space in the box

Unfortunatly with everybody running 99 pace I need to play 3 depth drop back. In offense when I get the ball my key is not to give it back. I go forward pass till i find opening . I used to feel "pressure" to do fast attack so my opponent doesnt thing I am wasting time but the more time i spent building up easier i score .

for example CDM pass to LCAm . LCam gives it back to cdm he gives to striker cuz he is open
  • Toshevv
    1033 posts Professional
    You 👴🏼

Im 35 always been div 1 g1/e3 player pretty sure I’d be better if the kids weren’t running around being annoying lol

Now there playing Fortnite a lot during lockdown they have taken over the internet . It’s all good made me realise that maybe I was a bit too addicted and better to let the kids play as computers I supposedly made for kids 🤔.

My tips for anyone with kids/family looking to get better, is find time to play when nobody else is around. I find it really hard to concentrate with lots going on in the background so I usually play early mornings or midday .
    Also I set timers so I don’t get to zoned in so I’ll play for like an hour or so then turn it off.

Reflexes along with everything else only go down the older you get I’m afraid OP

ohh yea everytime i answe the phone ( i have to always pick up ..work) usually means conceding or when my wife suddenly wants to have a conversation with me in a close game

I think she really hates FIFA i become really snappy on it especially. I am like CAN WE TALK in two minutes ..
  • Toshevv
    1033 posts Professional
    Theomanny wrote: »
    I am 31 and improving every time. Gold 1 if i put my mind to it. Usually div 1 but been 4-3 cos playing on 4g this year having moved house so having gameplay issues all the time.

I only use the Basic skill moves to evade opponents.

My reflex still as good having played games from a young age. COD Shipment mode is a good way to test your reflex. Cant remember a time i dont top the leaderboard playing shipment on multiplayer cod so yes pretty much improving.

I play Battlefield used to play a lot of BF1 not so much second but it really gets your muscles going .

What tactics do you use after the patch
  • Gazz10
    499 posts An Exciting Prospect
    37 and Since introduction of Rivals no more div 1 for me which i achieved yearly. Defoe this installment is more reliant on skillmoves wich i didnt have to learn in previous years. Gave me a massive disadvantge from the start. Gold 2 once or twice. Gold 3/silver1 normally.

Now reality is sinking in... i am getting old!
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    Toshevv wrote: »
    I am searching for fellow "students of the game"

I just hit 32 and probably I am playing my best FIFA ever I learnt how to skill etc . No way I am amazing player I hit Div 1 1950 rating and Gold 1 usually with one Elite 3

For the younger guys you probably are still not thinking about it but I am afraid over the next few years reflexes will go down. I mean father time is undefeated :smile:

I am wondering who else is on the wrong side of the thirty and continue to improving and what are you tips for it?

I am in pretty good shape and very active so I hope I can keep playing video games at a high level for a long time. Once you get married there are very few hobbies that remain in your life . So I cant afford to be awful at this

Your threads last year were much better. Let's bring them back. :>
  • DIXON THFC
    3204 posts National Call-Up
    I'm 34, I've played since 95 and I'm always g3 5/6 divs no matter what team I have. It's not an issue to me anymore because I play for "fun" in the hope the other person wants to play for "fun" probably get it 4/10 games where I have a genuinely decent, replay skipping game (or without mechanic abuse)

I'm not that good because I refuse to try and score the same goal, or play the same pass over and over again. I believe in a game of this quality with the sheer number of "issues" you have to abuse it to be really good at it.
  • They Caged Non
    6258 posts Big Money Move
    39, division 6... ive found as i get older im less bothered about winning so i just turn the xbox on and play.
  • warrent80
    714 posts Semi-Pro
    This wholey depends on EA matchmaking I am afraid.
  • Jib
    16 posts Ball Boy
    I'm 45 rarely play online as my internet connection is crazy slow. Play SB to elite 1 but don't consider myself to be much good. Reaction times and concentration levels definitely slow the older you get.
  • TheTataGuy
    3888 posts National Call-Up
    I am 28 and still improve.
  • Wolves37 wrote: »

A little older than you but with the same mentality and also not really improving. I just play 'my game', I don't abuse the mechanics and try to play for fun.
    I have a main semi competitive non-meta team but I also pick players I like irl and build a team around them, this year it's been Mario Gomez and Huntelaar. I don't always have to win as scoring with either of these players against other players top teams is satisfying enough
  • RadioShaq
    16070 posts Moderator
    Pro gamers retire pretty young. On average I see a lot quit around 23 or so.
  • munchie63
    3461 posts National Call-Up
    well.........56 and in Div 6 (or I was before this weeks patch)

I can't be .......to learn loads of skill moves. Just try to shift the ball around to create space...pass too much, lose more than I should as we all do at times.

Reactions and finger speed (couple with the early signs of arthritis) slow me down, so I know I'm not great, but I enjoy playing and have scored some good goals.

we need a Vets league
  • DIXON THFC
    3204 posts National Call-Up
    Gazz10 wrote: »
    Now reality is sinking in... i am getting old!

@Gazz10 Scary isn't it mate haha

• MPL4
    1806 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm 47.... Yes 47. I am addicted to this game. Don't even know if I enjoy it anymore. But I know 1 thing for absolute certain.... I'm getting worse. All the skills, drag backs, ball rolls... I am waaaaay behind and can only see it getting worse
  • iRusty_yo
    4011 posts National Call-Up
    Toshevv wrote: »
    You 👴🏼

ohh yea everytime i answe the phone ( i have to always pick up ..work) usually means conceding or when my wife suddenly wants to have a conversation with me in a close game

I think she really hates FIFA i become really snappy on it especially. I am like CAN WE TALK in two minutes ..

Haha same, and then I get to extra time and she’s starting talking again
  • kraid
    5274 posts Big Money Move
    38, 2100 skill points, elite 2/3 depending on connection.