Why there is no love for Moments Veron?

Toshevv
1033 posts Professional
His stats are off the chart for CDM and he has 4WF but nobody uses him . What I am missing there?

I have him packed so I was using him as RB and switching with Toty Arnold but now I have put TTAT back there because everybody is 99 pace on the wing and Veron 87 sprint speed is not enough...

What I am missing why nobody uses hjim as CDM?

Comments

• fussydutchman
    1295 posts Professional
    I think he mostly gets a bad rap for his medium-medium work rates, which aren’t ideal for a CM or CDM.
  • Toshevv
    1033 posts Professional
    I think he mostly gets a bad rap for his medium-medium work rates, which aren’t ideal for a CM or CDM.

thats a good point but he has 93 aggression but I can see him staying kinda passive unlesss u trigger...

Problem is I have 750k and him and I need an Icon for chemistry reasons... and I need someone that can shoo thte ball.. I hate when my cdms are awful shooters

Today Zanetti costed me title in drafts.. 3 times one on one and cant score
  • Goatiano_Goataldo
    251 posts Sunday League Hero
    80 defending
    74 agility
    78 finishing
    79 pace
  • Toshevv
    1033 posts Professional
    80 defending
    74 agility
    78 finishing
    79 pace

But he is cdm
    With shadow he goes 90 pace 90 defending .. I kinda find other icon option as cdm except Gullit/Prime Zidane that is better then him or i am forgettings omeone

yes Mattheus but overbudge
  • Toshevv
    1033 posts Professional
    80 defending
    74 agility
    78 finishing
    79 pace
    80 defending
    74 agility
    78 finishing
    79 pace

My option is put toty de bruyne there )now he plays RCAM in 4222 4231 move Mane to RCAm and get Moments stoichkov as LCAM

I mean Stoichkov is 3wf but he will be playing on the wide and shot across the goal or near post?

I mean Hristo stats are insane for his prace ( i need icon for chem reasons). Strong /aggressive/stamina fast etc
  • Goatiano_Goataldo
    Toshevv wrote: »
    80 defending
    74 agility
    78 finishing
    79 pace

But he is cdm
    With shadow he goes 90 pace 90 defending .. I kinda find other icon option as cdm except Gullit/Prime Zidane that is better then him or i am forgettings omeone

yes Mattheus but overbudge

I understand that with shadow he gets a decent pace boost.

But, even with Shadow he will have just 85 def awareness which in my opinion is not enough for a sole cdm. If you use him as second CDM paired with someone more defensive minded, you will expect him to go forward and then he will have the poor agility (74) and poor finishing (78) problem.

All of this in spite of his m/m workrates which are a problem for a cdm imo. I really like Veron irl but I think at this stage his card is just like Riquelme’s, unusable.
  • mhh1981
    3525 posts National Call-Up
    I’m still using 85 blanc as my cdm. Guy is brilliant there
  • Goatiano_Goataldo
    @Toshevv

Just saw that you have toty KDB, he is very good as cdm.
    I use him with anchor and get forward instructions.

He scores almost every game, making some crazy runs and shooting outside the box. I had him as CCAM before and he was also good there but as attacking cdm or cm he shines even more because of his defensive stats.

Moments Stoichkov is great, I tried him for about 20 games but I think he’s more suitable to a central role, then the wf might become an issue for some people.
  • Toshevv
    1033 posts Professional
    @Toshevv

He scores almost every game, making some crazy runs and shooting outside the box. I had him as CCAM before and he was also good there but as attacking cdm or cm he shines even more because of his defensive stats.

Moments Stoichkov is great, I tried him for about 20 games but I think he’s more suitable to a central role, then the wf might become an issue for some people.

I used to play striker toty messi but now ST fut mbappe and messi behind him as cam or both strikers in 4222

I just cant put Toty messi on the wing he is just soo great. and I have Toty Mane ..

So my idea is to move Mane to RCAM in both 4222 4231 and use cdms Toty de jong and de bruyne

De bruyne used to be my cam behind Messi but for obvious reasons he cant do it anymore... Problem is De bruyne is amazing as Cam and cdm he will be kinda wasted but he will be very dangerous i guess? Maybe I wont give him stay back and he will be roaming around the pitch

Cuz of all those toty players i need an icon to link them up or all will be 7 chem.. I mean I have 750k coins prime overmars and moments veron as free cash.. So budget is 2 millions. I dont see better options then stoichkov? Zidane is good but prime or moments
  • Paulopudasso
    1520 posts Play-Off Hero
    It's because like in real life, he's absolute whack
  • MaddMike3711
    12617 posts Has That Special Something
    It's because like in real life, he's absolute whack
    Dafuq, he literally carried Estudiantes to a Copa Libertadores title, and has won more silverware than 99% of footballers ever will. :joy:
  • Paulopudasso
    1520 posts Play-Off Hero
    Flop at inter flop at United flop at chelsea, we could win all in that mickey mouse league
  • MaddMike3711
    Flop at inter flop at United flop at chelsea, we could win all in that mickey mouse league
    Not sure if troll, or serious.

What I will say, is that the top clubs from Argentina or Brasil certainly could compete in the top flight of Italy. Isn’t funny how many Argentines go to Italy from South America and absolutely smash it? If South American clubs could match wages of Italian clubs, you wouldn’t be seeing the max exodus like we see in modern times.
  • Paulopudasso
    1520 posts Play-Off Hero

What I will say, is that the top clubs from Argentina or Brasil certainly could compete in the top flight of Italy. Isn’t funny how many Argentines go to Italy from South America and absolutely smash it? If South American clubs could match wages of Italian clubs, you wouldn’t be seeing the max exodus like we see in modern times.

I can agree with the point that a lot go to Italy but they go because they want to play in a competitive league with the best not in the mickey mouse league back casa
  • MaddMike3711

I can agree with the point that a lot go to Italy but they go because they want to play in a competitive league with the best not in the mickey mouse league back casa
    K. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:
  • Paulopudasso
    1520 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 17

It's true why do you think all the best players from South America come to Europe because only Pele and one or two of the greats in the region that did not come to the riches west, like I said before mickey mouse leagues no recognition and veron was a flop for 90% percent of his career
  • Paulopudasso
    1520 posts Play-Off Hero
    There is a long list of candidates for icons on this game ahead of him in my opinion
  • MaddMike3711

It's true why do you think all the best players from South America come to Europe because only Pele and one or two of the greats in the region that did not come to the riches west, like I said before mickey mouse leagues no recognition and veron was a flop for 90% percent of his career
    West? Look at a map buddy.
    Brasil has a larger GDP than Italy, Spain, and Portugal. Christ, this is why I don’t leave XCC. :D
  • Paulopudasso
    1520 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 17

West? Look at a map buddy.
    Brasil has a larger GDP than Italy, Spain, and Portugal. Christ, this is why I don’t leave XCC. :D

Brasils economic power is not the riches of the European clubs you getting football and politics mixed up silly 🙄🙄🙄 and West I mean the rest of the world calls Europe the west I know Europe is east of brasil good try
  • URBirdman
    1229 posts Professional
    Simply because he is a prime icon moment card, which means he is rare and you cannot expect to see him as often as, for example, Kante. Also, his low agility, low balance, and med defensive work rate make him not fit the meta of FIFA 20... Maybe in future FIFA when high passing stats matters, he will be hot.
  • Munnzer
    149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Michael Ballack is the man you're looking for.
  • Goatiano_Goataldo
    Toshevv wrote: »
    @Toshevv

I used to play striker toty messi but now ST fut mbappe and messi behind him as cam or both strikers in 4222

I just cant put Toty messi on the wing he is just soo great. and I have Toty Mane ..

So my idea is to move Mane to RCAM in both 4222 4231 and use cdms Toty de jong and de bruyne

De bruyne used to be my cam behind Messi but for obvious reasons he cant do it anymore... Problem is De bruyne is amazing as Cam and cdm he will be kinda wasted but he will be very dangerous i guess? Maybe I wont give him stay back and he will be roaming around the pitch

Cuz of all those toty players i need an icon to link them up or all will be 7 chem.. I mean I have 750k coins prime overmars and moments veron as free cash.. So budget is 2 millions. I dont see better options then stoichkov? Zidane is good but prime or moments

If you leave him as balanced or get forward he won’t be wasted, I have him default as get forward and he scores and assists a lot.

Never played Stoichkov out wide so I’m not sure how he would perform having m/m wr, he’s very good centrally tho. As you have Messi, Mbappe and De Jong, I would get FB Griezmann instead of Stoichkov , better workrates, 5 wf and also very good stats.
  • greif44
    3657 posts National Call-Up
    Haven't played a lot lately, but still like my prime version. cCM in 433 flat or CM in 442 paired with one/two H/H CMs.
  • PaulDr
    1496 posts Play-Off Hero
    I bought him a few weekend leagues ago. Sold him after 30 matches at a 30k loss. The workrates were the issue. He was never in the right place at the right time. That future stars Palacios is much better.
  • Swanz05
    2278 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yeah he can be a bit lazy even at cm but not bad for the price especially with those long legs
  • Toshevv
    1033 posts Professional
    PaulDr wrote: »
    I bought him a few weekend leagues ago. Sold him after 30 matches at a 30k loss. The workrates were the issue. He was never in the right place at the right time. That future stars Palacios is much better.

My main problem is i need icon for chem reasons
    Munnzer wrote: »
    Michael Ballack is the man you're looking for.

But what about his agility and balance they are even lower? I had him last year and he was good till january they you really started to notice how slow he turns..
  • Rippa
    1754 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm looking at him atm. I have ss atal in midfield (more offensive cm) in a 442. Currently have a primarily defensive cm ar rcm (88 desailly) would veron moments be an upgrade over desailly?
  • ziotree
    417 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Have him although just sold in the panic.

He is great. Only reason sold him is FB bakayoko can hold the fort for now. Will buy him back if he keeps dropping and no good options going forward.
  • klaas9
    1141 posts Professional
    he is oke but no game changer

m/m and slow