Are skills too much?

Cortza
936 posts Professional
I'm in Div 4 and everyone just seems to spam skill moves. It's nothing like real football and the skill seems to come down to who can do the most effective skill moves all game.

Between scoop, heel-toe, ball roll and fake rabona, it's absolutely nothing like real football.

Comments

• Fifapayne
    2150 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ultimate team is not a real life simulation. It’s fine.
  • RadioShaq
    15972 posts Moderator
    I suppose it depends if you like realism or arcade.
  • TheTataGuy
    3831 posts National Call-Up
    Skill moves are fine this year.
  • Empyrium7
    3657 posts National Call-Up
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    Ultimate team is not a real life simulation. It’s fine.

You can still do skill moves in kick off and online seasons.
    it's not about FUT or not.

EA needs to do something more about skill moves abuse. I'm glad that they add some error to chaining them.

I don't mind a skill move here and there. but at every touch a ball roll or a dragback it gets boring.
  • Batman442
    4803 posts Big Money Move
    Skill moves should be removed from fut, it's like playing FIFA street
  • kraid
    5028 posts Big Money Move
    Lol meanwhile there was a thread yesterday saying skills moves did nothing 😁

They’re fine as is. Can be good at the right time but people that just spam them randomly won’t get to far.
  • Wooly1203
    3017 posts National Call-Up
    They are fine as is. It just adds another piece to the game. Using skill moves effectively helps to create space. I think it’d be boring if they weren’t in the game at all
  • Jdizzle
    2188 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nothing like real football.... Do you know boring it would be if it was exactly like real football?
  • They Caged Non
    6136 posts Big Money Move
    Massively too much, the game mechanics determine that a skill move = get past the player
  • Empyrium7
    3657 posts National Call-Up
    Massively too much, the game mechanics determine that a skill move = get past the player

this
    I hate that when you dribble past a player against their movement momentum. they can still recover and cover the space.
    but if you do a skill move, you are suddenly free to shoot.

one more thing that I hate that when you are 1v1 with the keeper and you try to dribble past him, most of the time the GK will get the ball no matter what direction you go. but do a ballroll and the GK is sleeping on the floor.
  • Diggy
    14656 posts Has That Special Something
    The AI totally sucks up 95% of skill moves like it already knows what’s going to happen

The other 5% seem to stun the AI
  • BuZuS
    979 posts Professional
    Empyrium7 wrote: »
    EA needs to do something more about skill moves abuse.
    Lmao. "If my opponent can do this thing I suck at it's abuse"
  • Halfhand2
    568 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The games ai along with 9 players in the box creates this cluster ❤️❤️❤️❤️ we are all playing at the moment.
    Its just a mess everywhere.
  • Mick_
    16 posts Ball Boy
    Seems every player spams skill moves. Hope next FIFA has a time limit between skill moves.

It's like Fortnite and unrealistic. Most players just pass the ball about at the back and do repeated skills even when you're nowhere near him. They take forever to attack because they're playing the usual boring 4231 formation with drop back. Neymar and Ben yedder in the team are a certainty.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    Diggy wrote: »
    The AI totally sucks up 95% of skill moves like it already knows what’s going to happen

The other 5% seem to stun the AI

Imagine if it was the other way around (like it should be) - no hand holding from AI, no bailouts to people who cannot mechanically defend nor predict the play. Hence why you see a bunch of drag backs because the AI cannot refute that move. Same goes for Elastico and heel-to-heel: the initial acceleration boost is enough to buy you that split second of time to break away from the AI before the catch-up mechanic kicks in. Skill moves is basically fighting fire with fire. The AI is broken; the amount of hand-holding is ludicrous. People who complain about skillmoves are usually the ones who rely on AI hand-holding and they're well aware that well-timed skill moves is the antidote to their obnoxious strategy.
  • Toshevv
    1033 posts Professional
    I like that skills are strong I never used them but last and this fifa i started to learn and it feels great when someone is defending great and you make 3/4 skills in a roll and score..

I mean with 1 depth drop back sometimes skill is ur only option to break down the fortress
  • futscp
    389 posts Sunday League Hero
    So skills are unrealistic but having a team with Eusébio, Pele and Maradona isn't
  • Goatiano_Goataldo
    251 posts Sunday League Hero
    Nothing like football?

Have you seen Ronaldinho playing?
    Have you seen Neymar and Mbappe recent highlights?

As said before:
    “If I can’t do it, it has to be removed” - this is the prime moments of moaning.

Way more realistic than people using team press the whole game and low stamina having nearly zero effect apart from sprinting.

BTW, Pirlo and Kaka with 5* SM are unrealistic.