ESPN top 5 Premier League hall of Fame players

1
1. Henry
2. Shearer
3. Giggs
4. Scholes
5. Gerrard

Personally, I would not have Shearer or Gerrard and replace them with Keane and Cantona.

Your thoughts.

Comments

  • arsenalap
    8075 posts League Winner
    1. Henry
    2. Shearer
    3. Giggs
    4. Scholes
    5. Gerrard

    Personally, I would not have Shearer or Gerrard and replace them with Keane and Cantona.

    Your thoughts.

    Why would Cantona be in over Shearer? I wanna hear your argument because for me there isnt one.
  • Pxul_
    9366 posts League Winner
    I’d have anyone else other than Giggs my man is criminally overrated😂
  • Snugglebites
    1626 posts Play-Off Hero
    Henry, Shearer, Keane, A.Cole, Cech.
  • Pietu
    6573 posts Big Money Move
    Forssell, Hyypiä, Jääskeläinen, Litmanen, Pukki.
  • arsenalap wrote: »
    1. Henry
    2. Shearer
    3. Giggs
    4. Scholes
    5. Gerrard

    Personally, I would not have Shearer or Gerrard and replace them with Keane and Cantona.

    Your thoughts.

    Why would Cantona be in over Shearer? I wanna hear your argument because for me there isnt one.

    Cantona was the final piece in the jigsaw that saw united win their first title. The class of 92 say that he was their inspiration and learnt so much from him in terms of training. On the pitch he could do things that just made you gasp in awe. His personality and charisma oozed. Shearer was a great goal scorer and that’s it. Cantona was also a great goal scorer but so much more.
  • Keano
    16410 posts World Class
    lampard has more credit to be in there than Gerrard, for me it'd be;

    Giggs
    Henry
    Shearer
    Ronaldo
    Keane

    Giggs as the most decorated
    Shearer top scorer
    Henry best finisher
    Ronaldo won a ballon D'or whilst playing in the Prem, & was apart of such a dominant side.
    Keane because of how instrumental he was to Uniteds success & the fact during the Premier league era, United have been the most dominant side.
  • Apollo
    19444 posts World Class
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    I’d have anyone else other than Giggs my man is criminally overrated😂



    @Pxul_ FFS :grimace: Normally your football opinions are good, that's an absolute shocker though
  • Ahmer50x
    22909 posts Club Captain
    Giggs is the first name in.

    Longest serving, most titles, most iconic side. Simple as.
  • Pxul_
    9366 posts League Winner
    Nah overrated
  • Keano
    16410 posts World Class
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Nah overrated

    Premier League legend, unlike Gerrard ho gets shoehorned in to suit certain fans ;)
  • Bob_Dylan
    20693 posts Club Captain
    Why would you pick Ronaldo?
  • Tornado31619
    21119 posts Club Captain
    I’d have Agüero in over Ronaldo TBH.
  • Keano
    16410 posts World Class
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »
    Why would you pick Ronaldo?

    The player won the Ballon D’or whilst at United, silly question.
  • Bob_Dylan
    20693 posts Club Captain
    Then you have to have Owen as well
  • Keano
    16410 posts World Class
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »
    Then you have to have Owen as well

    Look at the stats compared between the both... Ronaldo was scoring for fun & dominant in that United side, Owen although great, was nowhere near Ronaldo's level/stats.
  • Bob_Dylan
    20693 posts Club Captain
    No I agree with that but that wasn’t your original argument. And with your new one you would have to consider a player like Suarez.
  • Shshj
    4766 posts National Call-Up
    Ronaldo, Henry, Terry, Shearer and Suarez.

    No particular order. Difficult to pick Suarez over Aguero but it all depends on whether you're basing your argument on quality or longevity - Aguero's been class for 8 years but Suarez's peak at Liverpool was better in my opinion.
  • Keano
    16410 posts World Class
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »
    No I agree with that but that wasn’t your original argument. And with your new one you would have to consider a player like Suarez.

    The last part of my original arguement was about how good he played & instrumental he was in such a dominant team.

    but it is what it is, 100% don't agree on Suarez, could argue for top 10 but even then i'm unsure.
  • Pietu
    6573 posts Big Money Move
    If we wouldn’t look at trophies and longevity, Suarez should be in but because we probably look at them aswell, it's a no for that reason.
  • Bob_Dylan
    20693 posts Club Captain
    For me the only locks are
    Shearer
    Giggs

    Players that all deserve to be in
    Henry
    Agüero
    Gerrard
    Cech
    Lampard
    Terry
  • Apollo
    19444 posts World Class
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »
    For me the only locks are
    Shearer
    Giggs

    Players that all deserve to be in
    Henry
    Agüero
    Gerrard
    Cech
    Lampard
    Terry

    Also should add Scholes to that second category
  • Bob_Dylan
    20693 posts Club Captain
    Probably. Maybe Rooney as well.
  • Apollo
    19444 posts World Class
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »
    Probably. Maybe Rooney as well.

    I don't believe there should be any probably about it. Whether you have him in your top 5 is a matter of opinion, but he absolutely deserves to be in the shortlist of players considered.
  • Bob_Dylan
    20693 posts Club Captain
    Like you said, it’s a matter of opinion.
  • Apollo
    19444 posts World Class
    edited April 20
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »
    Like you said, it’s a matter of opinion.

    It just screams club bias that you don't include Scholes in a PL shortlist that also includes Gerrard.

    The final 5 is a matter of opinion. Having him in a shortlist shouldn't be.
  • Kellnerr
    3548 posts National Call-Up
    Imo, longevity > quality, so no Ronaldo or Suarez for me.

    Shearer, Henry, Giggs in the top 5, Aguero will join them as soon as his career is over. No other standout option for me though, quite like the Rooney thought tho.
  • Ahmer50x
    22909 posts Club Captain
    Surprised Jamie Carragher hasn't gotten a shout yet.
  • Pxul_
    9366 posts League Winner
    Scholes and giggs are both as overrated as Rooney 👀
  • Apollo
    19444 posts World Class
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Scholes and giggs are both as overrated as Rooney 👀

    giphy.gif
  • Kellnerr
    3548 posts National Call-Up
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Scholes and giggs are both as overrated as Rooney 👀

    from a couple of days ago actually:

Sign In or Register to comment.