What Say You - Cancel Domestic Season or Finish By Any Means?

At this point, just cancel imo.

Comments

• DannySTFC
    7605 posts League Winner
    If it affects next season, then I think I don’t think it should be finished. If it can be finished and next season still starts on the planned date in August, then fine, if it’s likely to overlap therefore messing up next seasons schedule and into the Euros, it’s not worth it.
  • Boomhauer
    1057 posts Professional
    They should try and finish it if possible. Way too much at stake with the top four. Not a lot of games left, if needs be leave out FA cup. Focus on the league.
  • Onedoesntsimply
    2308 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just finish it in the latter part of this year, then start next season in January. Should tie up quite nicely for Qatar 2022 given it needs to be played in winter.
  • shepj6
    1385 posts Professional
    Just finish it in the latter part of this year, then start next season in January. Should tie up quite nicely for Qatar 2022 given it needs to be played in winter.

I agree, something like this

Finish this season later in the year, say Oct/Nov with fans back in stadiums (hopefully), then a mini close season, play euros same time as African cup of nations of nations in January. Start next season in Feb, then close season will be Nov2021to Jan2022, same then for 2022 (Feb-Nov season) which takes us to Qatar World Cup. Then there would be a long break after World Cup before reverting back to normal season (Aug to May).

Never going to happen I know!
  • Bobo23
    3740 posts National Call-Up
    Let's be real, normal football with stadiums completely full of fans simply isn't going to happen until a vaccine is found.

Football will return obviously, but it's not going to be like we know it for a while yet.
  • ContraCode64
    3687 posts National Call-Up
    Chances are it'll be finished regardless just because of the financial implications to broadcasters, sponsors, fans with season tickets, etc claiming for lost games.

It should just be cancelled now. A 2 week or so break isn't a big deal, but trying to pick up this season months later in the year will kill any legitimacy or sporting integrity the competitions involved have, but sadly those fall a distant second in importance compared to money.
  • SomeNextGuy
    4785 posts Big Money Move
    Finish the season whenever we can. Pointless cancelling it, just carry on when we're able to.
  • Chavez76
    9316 posts League Winner
    it's all about the money.. TV wont pay up for the games they cant broadcast, cubs will get into problems, pressure from UEFA regarding next year's European cups..
    I see at some point it being finished, but it will be terrible for the players, staff etc