Any OGs here remember...

Vaaass
3047 posts National Call-Up
I think it was FIFA 09 maybe, on the 360, when there was a glitch where you could open packs without using Microsoft points (so essentially you could get unlimited packs for free), and they took away the ability to buy packs with Microsoft points, and it got to the point where contracts were like 2,000 coins each (bearing in mind it wasn't anywhere near as rewarding back then so the only way you could get packs was from the store), and it become literally impossible to maintain your FUT club and play matches without constantly resetting your club :D

Comments

• Wooly1203
    3658 posts National Call-Up
    Hahaha! I remember the old days where I used to play basically just to get enough coins to buy contracts. Anybody remember the formation cards? It used to force you to try new formations because the ones that everybody used (like 41212) were so expensive. It also made it so players would be more/less expensive based on the formation that was applied to their card. Glad they got rid of those in the end, but it added an interesting dynamic.

FUT 10-12 were probably my favorites, even though there wasn’t anywhere near as much content or choices in players.
  • Vaaass
    3047 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2020
    Wooly1203 wrote: »
    Hahaha! I remember the old days where I used to play basically just to get enough coins to buy contracts. Anybody remember the formation cards? It used to force you to try new formations because the ones that everybody used (like 41212) were so expensive. It also made it so players would be more/less expensive based on the formation that was applied to their card. Glad they got rid of those in the end, but it added an interesting dynamic.

FUT 10-12 were probably my favorites, even though there wasn’t anywhere near as much content or choices in players.

Ahh yeah I remember! That and 442 were the most expensive I think? I remember even the best cards in the game weren't even close to what they cost now, although obviously icons weren't a thing back then. I also remember how overpowered the chip through balls were :D I miss the Brasilver teams. Jobson, Marlos and Cicinho! Think they were like 100k each :D That was back when the game was a lot more fun and less about winning at all costs
  • Futfanatic
    15984 posts World Class
    edited April 2020
    I remember the #BlameVaaaaaaasss
  • Koning Spijker
    3837 posts National Call-Up
    Vaaass wrote: »
    I think it was FIFA 09 maybe, on the 360, when there was a glitch where you could open packs without using Microsoft points (so essentially you could get unlimited packs for free), and they took away the ability to buy packs with Microsoft points, and it got to the point where contracts were like 2,000 coins each (bearing in mind it wasn't anywhere near as rewarding back then so the only way you could get packs was from the store), and it become literally impossible to maintain your FUT club and play matches without constantly resetting your club :D

Iirc it was 10. You needed a wifi receiver, pulling that out and back in while opening, it didn't cost you points.
    They then bugged it with a file on your Xbox. By deleting that file you could still do it. After 2nd patch you couldn't start fifa without that file.
    That year Milito got a special card for 2 goals in the CL final. Was only in packs for a few hours. I managed to get one. In the end I really wanted that 1 million for him, which was a huge amount back then. I ended up trading him against a fitness card 🤣

Wonderful days back then 😂