Thatoe's 4-1-4-1 Formation Guide

Comments

• Max Mustermann
    271 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sorry to dig out this old thread, but im wondering if this team will perform well?

http://www.futhead.com/15/squads/37946644/

i am used to normal fifa online gameplay (never played fut before). im playing as dortmund in the 352 (2) formation (1 cmd, 2 cm's, 1 cf and 1 striker).

thought i might give it a try, your thoughts?
  • Juked By Neymar
    3455 posts National Call-Up
    Sorry to dig out this old thread, but im wondering if this team will perform well?

i am used to normal fifa online gameplay (never played fut before). im playing as dortmund in the 352 (2) formation (1 cmd, 2 cm's, 1 cf and 1 striker).

looking to try out FUT I assume?
    It looks pretty good although I would probably get Lars Bender or Castro over Gundogan as both are a little better defensively next to Muller and have more stamina.
    If you like more pace outwide you could always do Pedro and Jordi Alba
  • Max Mustermann
    edited August 2015

It looks pretty good although I would probably get Lars Bender or Castro over Gundogan as both are a little better defensively next to Muller and have more stamina.

Oh yeah, i complety forgot about pedro. thought that koke might be a better option here because of his higher passing stat, but then luis would not be on full chem and i have read, that chem is an important factor in fut. Dont realy know if i should go for alba then. didnt need any pace in normal online gameplay. is pace a must have factor in fut?

• Juked By Neymar

Oh yeah, i complety forgot about pedro. thought that koke might be a better option here because of his higher passing stat, but then luis would not be on full chem and i have read, that chem is an important factor in fut. Dont realy know if i should go for alba then. didnt need any pace in normal online gameplay. is pace a must have factor in fut?
    pace is probably a bit more important in FUT sadly. Pedro is a decent passer and probably a better finisher than Koke which will be nice for your wingers in this formation.
    Felipe Luis would be fine on 7 chemistry if you wanted to put Pedro at LM and leave him there. Chemistry is important but I don't notice much if any difference with a few players on 7 chemistry

• Max Mustermann

pace is probably a bit more important in FUT sadly. Pedro is a decent passer and probably a better finisher than Koke which will be nice for your wingers in this formation.
    Felipe Luis would be fine on 7 chemistry if you wanted to put Pedro at LM and leave him there. Chemistry is important but I don't notice much if any difference with a few players on 7 chemistry

i will try luis on 7 chem, if it really doesnt matter then i should give 7chem a try. what about inform lars stindl over castro? ive noticed that my team havent got a decent free kick taker, also he has better stats than castro, of course he is more expensive, but i guess he well be worth it, almost every important stat above 75.
  • Juked By Neymar
    edited August 2015

i will try luis on 7 chem, if it really doesnt matter then i should give 7chem a try. what about inform lars stindl over castro? ive noticed that my team havent got a decent free kick taker, also he has better stats than castro, of course he is more expensive, but i guess he well be worth it, almost every important stat above 75.
    How much money do you have? Stindl would probably be decent at CM
    This would work well I think, Calhanoglu has great FK stats as well as 5* WF and 4* skills
    http://www.futhead.com/15/squads/38003416/
  • Max Mustermann
    Right now i have around 0 coins, a friend told me.i should build up my coins by playing the offline league, i would have a nice amount of coins as soon as i reach division 4.

I guess i have to rebuild the team a bit, just looked up some of the players to see for how much they go for. Boateng isnt even on the market O.o ?
  • Juked By Neymar
    Right now i have around 0 coins, a friend told me.i should build up my coins by playing the offline league, i would have a nice amount of coins as soon as i reach division 4.

I guess i have to rebuild the team a bit, just looked up some of the players to see for how much they go for. Boateng isnt even on the market O.o ?
    some players are extinct, if you're looking for a nice cheap team I've made this non-rare 4-1-4-1 team and you can tweak it a little bit
    Palacio
    Lulic - Ledesma - Montolivo - Menez
    Bender
    Radu - Toprak- Papadapolous - De Sciglio
    Benaglio

• Abreu12
    259 posts Sunday League Hero
    MPL4 wrote: »
    Sorry, but this formation is just the dullest. It's so boring.
    or perhaps you're just bad mate. Carry on.

• Max Mustermann
    edited August 2015
    small update fro my site

HOLY **** Possession play is so broken in FUT. You cant build up your play by passing since everyone is high pressure abusing in UT. Its WAY better in head to head. And as soon as you are able to build up your play, they are going to play bus parking. wow it really is ***** up. Also passing power seems to be broken in FUT aswell. it doesnt matter how strong i press the passing button. The ball is either coming way to fast or to slow, there isnt a balance between how strong you press the passing button. Dont know why but Possession play doesnt seem to suit FUT...

also palyers feel so slugish as soon as they receive the ball..
  • Juked By Neymar
    small update fro my site

HOLY **** Possession play is so broken in FUT. You cant build up your play by passing since everyone is high pressure abusing in UT. Its WAY better in head to head. And as soon as you are able to build up your play, they are going to play bus parking. wow it really is ***** up. Also passing power seems to be broken in FUT aswell. it doesnt matter how strong i press the passing button. The ball is either coming way to fast or to slow, there isnt a balance between how strong you press the passing button. Dont know why but Possession play doesnt seem to suit FUT...

also palyers feel so slugish as soon as they receive the ball..
    Yea possession was better in the year for me but the faster gameplay in FUT isn't as suitable for possession unfortunately..
  • Chow
    2525 posts Fans' Favourite
    Will @Thatoe be making a return to the thread now that he's home. ;)
  • MaestroPirlo21
    1218 posts Professional
    Chow wrote: »
    Great guide, love this formation!

Same here. I used the recommendations for player instructions and it worked great. I found it very balanced and great for a possession game with numerous ways to create chances. I actually prefer error single striker formations to have the extra man in the midfield.
  • Thatoe
    425 posts Sunday League Hero
    Can't believe this guide got so many views!
    Thanks to everyone who helped while I was away on holiday.
    I will be starting FIFA 16 with 4-1-4-1 too and will be making an updated guide once I get used to the game.
  • METH
    940 posts Semi-Pro
    Good news thatoe.
  • Juked By Neymar
    Thatoe wrote: »
    Can't believe this guide got so many views!
    Thanks to everyone who helped while I was away on holiday.
    I will be starting FIFA 16 with 4-1-4-1 too and will be making an updated guide once I get used to the game.
    lemme know when it's up :) I'm yet to get the game still as well
  • Skillz_That_Killz
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Bookmarked this to read later. 4-1-4-1 is my fav formation.