Thatoe's 4-1-4-1 Formation Guide

Comments

• Hey,

Wich team do you recommend for online seasons(not FUT) with this formation?
  • Juked By Neymar
    3456 posts National Call-Up
    Leadfarmer wrote: »
    Hey,

Bayern would be very good.

Real are also pretty suited to play it I would think and if they transfer Sterling to City, I reckon they could line up well too
    Aguero
    Sterling - Yaya - Silva - Navas
    Fernando/Fernadinho
    Defense

Internationally I'm sure theres some but I'm struggling to think of any that fit it overly well.
  • Smoothino
    1334 posts Professional
    Smoothino wrote: »
    Looks good to me, Iniesta/Suarez are so good.

thanks bro need a reserve team to use when I rest my Bayern 11
  • Leadfarmer wrote: »
    Hey,

Real are also pretty suited to play it I would think and if they transfer Sterling to City, I reckon they could line up well too
    Aguero
    Fernando/Fernadinho
    Defense

Internationally I'm sure theres some but I'm struggling to think of any that fit it overly well.

Thanks mate! Awesome guide!

• Juked By Neymar
    Hey,

Aguero
    Fernando/Fernadinho
    Defense

Thanks mate! Awesome guide!
    not even my guide, but I agree! Best of luck :p

• Juked By Neymar
    I quite like the second. Definitely stick with Suarez up top and I personally prefer Nani to Cuadrado and Rakitic to Fabregas
  • Smoothino
    1334 posts Professional
    I quite like the second. Definitely stick with Suarez up top and I personally prefer Nani to Cuadrado and Rakitic to Fabregas

Me too but it doesnt play as well as my bayern/dortmund team.

• heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    Would a brazil one work? Was thinking

Jonas
    neymar ronaldinho ramires hulk
    melo
    marcelo luiz silva alves

I've run basically that team, except Hernanes instead of Ronaldinho and Danilo instead of Alves. It works quite well. If you're gonna run Ronaldinho, just have somebody on the bench to sub at the half.
  • Smoothino
    1334 posts Professional
    heavymcd wrote: »
    Would a brazil one work? Was thinking

Jonas
    neymar ronaldinho ramires hulk
    melo
    marcelo luiz silva alves

I've run basically that team, except Hernanes instead of Ronaldinho and Danilo instead of Alves. It works quite well. If you're gonna run Ronaldinho, just have somebody on the bench to sub at the half.

I was thinking

Jonas
    neymar tots teixeira hernanes lucas
    fernandinho

marcelo luiz silva alves
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    That'd work well too. I assume you mean TOTS Jonas, and if you don't you should. ;)

Also recommend at least one H/H in the front two CMs, with Ramires being the obvious choice. Probably go Teixeira/Ramires. As for Lucas/Hulk, I'd say that's down to taste.
  • Smoothino
    1334 posts Professional
    That'd work well too. I assume you mean TOTS Jonas, and if you don't you should. ;)

Also recommend at least one H/H in the front two CMs, with Ramires being the obvious choice. Probably go Teixeira/Ramires. As for Lucas/Hulk, I'd say that's down to taste.

Ramires finishing is poor though. Whenever i used hulk he felt poor?
  • Juked By Neymar

Lucas/Hulk are both decent
    I'm not a huge fan of Teixeira having used him personally. Ramires is so OP, would partner him with Hernanes tbh.
    IF Melo or Gustavo at DM imo tho.

• keema-v
    2201 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just an fyi for the lack of responses from @Thatoe, he's travelling for 3 months :)
  • Smoothino
    1334 posts Professional
    Is there any way i can improve this side?

Lewandowski
    ribery gotze Schweinsteiger robben
    lahm
    alaba benatia boateng Pisczek

I dont mean upgraded cards just different players?
  • Hi folks,

This guide for me is a life saver. Been struggling this year to get a formation to suite the passing style of play I prefer to use and which enables the use of slower players. But this and the instructions work a treat, Thanks @Thatoe .

Saying this i am having difficulty using the wingers to score goals, they are involved in most of the build up play but very rarely get into scoring positions.
    This is the team i am using at the minute and was wondering how it could be improved,i have around 250k to play with.

futhead.com/15/squads/36880201/

Cheers.
  • kktalha
    2136 posts Fans' Favourite
    lZ0iRON.png

How do you think this would play? Might get Schweinsteiger if Gotze doesn't do it for me.
  • Smoothino
    1334 posts Professional
    CON2114 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

This guide for me is a life saver. Been struggling this year to get a formation to suite the passing style of play I prefer to use and which enables the use of slower players. But this and the instructions work a treat, Thanks @Thatoe .

Saying this i am having difficulty using the wingers to score goals, they are involved in most of the build up play but very rarely get into scoring positions.
    This is the team i am using at the minute and was wondering how it could be improved,i have around 250k to play with.

Cheers.

Change your lm asap horrible workrates

Pedro/munian nolito etc

Navas is terrible also
  • Smoothino
    1334 posts Professional
    kktalha wrote: »
    lZ0iRON.png

How do you think this would play? Might get Schweinsteiger if Gotze doesn't do it for me.

You need a boxto box rcm
  • kktalha
    2136 posts Fans' Favourite
    lZ0iRON.png

You need a boxto box rcm

That's why if Gotze doesn't work, I will get Schweinsteiger instead.

Also:
    OP wrote:
    Central Midfielder

You don't need defensive players here. You can actually even pick two attacking play makers. However, I find that pairing a box-to-box midfielder with a more creative play maker makes the transition from defense to attack much smoother. When defending, he will help out the lone holding midfielder, almost as a false 6. He will also be as much involved in the attack as his CM partner. For the creative CM, you can pick any of your typical CAM type player, most likely small, quick and agile player who can create something out of nothing. Again, this player doesn't need to be good defensively at all.
  • Smoothino
    1334 posts Professional
    lZ0iRON.png

You need a boxto box rcm

That's why if Gotze doesn't work, I will get Schweinsteiger instead.

Also:
    OP wrote:
    Central Midfielder

You don't need defensive players here. You can actually even pick two attacking play makers. However, I find that pairing a box-to-box midfielder with a more creative play maker makes the transition from defense to attack much smoother. When defending, he will help out the lone holding midfielder, almost as a false 6. He will also be as much involved in the attack as his CM partner. For the creative CM, you can pick any of your typical CAM type player, most likely small, quick and agile player who can create something out of nothing. Again, this player doesn't need to be good defensively at all.

Use an agile cm at lcm like you are doing

You will get ripped apart if you play a med low.

Get a striker like Lewandowski who can hold up the play
  • Smoothino wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Cheers.

Pedro/munian nolito etc

Navas is terrible also

Thanks for the feedback. @Smoothino
    I will change Vitolo for Pedro(Hopefully this will get my LM more involved), but I am struggling to find a replacement for Navas whithout having to swap round my back 4.
    Also what would you say is the ideal LM/RM workrates???

Cheers.
  • Smoothino
    1334 posts Professional
    Hi folks,

Cheers.

Pedro/munian nolito etc

Navas is terrible also

I will change Vitolo for Pedro(Hopefully this will get my LM more involved), but I am struggling to find a replacement for Navas whithout having to swap round my back 4.

Cheers.

If you want to keep it spanish which is cool fo with suseta i think he is a rw by default but he is cheap and quality. Infact you could go with both wingers from athletico bilbao
  • Juked By Neymar

Get a striker like Lewandowski who can hold up the play
    Would second this, hold up play is big in this formation imo
  • Juked By Neymar

Lewandowski
    lahm

If you're wanting to keep it Bundesliga theres no like obvious changes
    SIF Perisic/Reus are both good choices at LM if you don't like Ribery
    Gustavo is a quality CDM and a bit more physical than Lahm, Lars Bender also does well there
    TOTS Junuzovic is also a decent box to box CM

• Smoothino
    1334 posts Professional

Lewandowski
    lahm

If you're wanting to keep it Bundesliga theres no like obvious changes
    SIF Perisic/Reus are both good choices at LM if you don't like Ribery
    Gustavo is a quality CDM and a bit more physical than Lahm, Lars Bender also does well there
    TOTS Junuzovic is also a decent box to box CM

Tots junuzovic is amazing and has fitted in nicely!
  • Smoothino
    1334 posts Professional
    Hi folks,

Cheers.

Pedro/munian nolito etc

Navas is terrible also

Cheers.

How much coins have you got? You could just go

Marcelo varane s ramos Carvajal then get any spanish RM
  • Smoothino wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Cheers.

Pedro/munian nolito etc

Navas is terrible also

Cheers.

How much coins have you got? You could just go

Marcelo varane s ramos Carvajal then get any spanish RM

Got 250k, so yeah that's a good option. With Ramos being sooo good as well.
    Cheers.
    By they way TOTS Soriano is absolutely amazing!!!

• MPL4
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sorry, but this formation is just the dullest. It's so boring.
  • Juked By Neymar
    MPL4 wrote: »
    Sorry, but this formation is just the dullest. It's so boring.
    or perhaps you're just bad mate. Carry on.