Thatoe's 4-1-4-1 Formation Guide

Comments

• Juked By Neymar
    3456 posts National Call-Up
    studgeYNWA wrote: »
    (Sorry for all the questions)but if 1 doesnt end up working for me, what should be my backup squad? Also, what are the main triangles to move up the pitch? (Sorry if u explained it in the original post, i didnt see it. If it actually is there, could you tell me so i can go back and look at it again?) Thanks again :)
    backup I would say go with 4 but get a more attacking RB (Coleman, Zabaleta, Walker)
    you get a ton of interchange really it feels like there are triangles all over
    the 3 CM's obviously but the LCM/LM/ST and RCM/RM/ST also are important and the striker can join in with the CM's as almost an CAM depending on how far he drops
  • l OwNz l
    488 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Loving this tactic! Thanks for posting it :)

Quick question, would the TOTS fabregas be a good one for the b2b role? Have modric there now, but want to use fabregas
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    Had to come back and say that Enzo Perez was all that and a bag of chips. The big bag, the one that last through a whole football game with friends.

His dribbling is ridiculous. And he wins all the balls. Definitely like him as my second CM. Now I don't get to play again til Tuesday. :(
  • Juked By Neymar
    heavymcd wrote: »
    Had to come back and say that Enzo Perez was all that and a bag of chips. The big bag, the one that last through a whole football game with friends.

His dribbling is ridiculous. And he wins all the balls. Definitely like him as my second CM. Now I don't get to play again til Tuesday. :(
    glad you like him!
  • Juked By Neymar
    any other opinions?
    While I'm on the thread, which team do people like the looks of better?
    pitch-2170001.jpg
    pitch-2170004.jpg

• Prem_201
    14 posts Ball Boy
    mbl5lf.jpg

Will the midfield work?
  • Shaanxz
    20497 posts Club Captain
    Nice to see this picking up, 4141 is the best formation for me
  • Thatoe
    425 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just dropping by to say I haven't abandoned the thread.
    I'm on a vacation with limited internet access, so I'm not active on the forums at the moment.
    Glad to see the guides getting more attention. :)
    Thanks to those who have been helping out!
  • Juked By Neymar
    Prem_201 wrote: »
    mbl5lf.jpg

Will the midfield work?

i don't see why it wouldn't personally
  • Prem_201
    14 posts Ball Boy
    mbl5lf.jpg

Will the midfield work?

Asking the question cause the more agile CM is a MM and the less Agile one is a HM,would that be a problem?
  • Prem_201
    14 posts Ball Boy
    edited June 2015
    mbl5lf.jpg

Will the midfield work?

Asking the question cause the more agile CM is a MM and the less Agile one is a HM,would that be a problem?

Everything changed when i saw that TOTS Paul Verhageh.

300hbus.jpg

That's gotta work I guess
  • Juked By Neymar
    looks good to me ^
  • Malarkey16
    466 posts Sunday League Hero
    Thinking of something like this. Silva, Matuidi and Rakitic will be on 8 chemistry, and 8 chemistry is the exact same as 10.

ZqfASkk.jpg?1
  • zurbis
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    HgJxwrn.png?1
    is that will work?
  • Juked By Neymar
    zurbis wrote: »
    HgJxwrn.png?1
    is that will work?

think it will work but you could do better for the money, I packed TOTS clyne but find that he's really pretty average, Bolasie has never caused me any problems playing against him. Other than that I think it looks pretty good
  • Inception
    262 posts Sunday League Hero
    Who makes a better striker, SIF Welbeck or NIF Rooney (IF Rooney if you think Hazard is better than TOTS Bolasie at LM).
  • Juked By Neymar
    Inception wrote: »
    Who makes a better striker, SIF Welbeck or NIF Rooney (IF Rooney if you think Hazard is better than TOTS Bolasie at LM).
    If your playing possession - rooney
    if you counter or need the pace - Welbeck
  • Inception
    262 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited June 2015
    Best BPL box-to-box CM for the RCM spot? Already using Toure CDM. Was looking at IF Ramsey, Di Maria, SMOTM Delph, Ramires, etc (Basically anyone under 100k).
  • Juked By Neymar
    Inception wrote: »
    Best BPL box-to-box CM for the RCM spot? Already using Toure CDM. Was looking at IF Ramsey, Di Maria, SMOTM Delph, Ramires, etc (Basically anyone under 100k).
    Ramires is so OP it's ridiculous. Him and Fellaini are a NIGHTMARE to play against.
  • Cyklon
    2721 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 2015
    @Thatoe Great guide mate, thanks for the time you put in to that, helped me no end :)

Sold up all my toty and IF's at the right time and finally got a full legend squad now prices have plummeted, packed Brehme, Kluviert and Baresi as well this year so pleased for a change !

Would this midfield work ok ?

Laudrup is nailed on for me as he's amazing at creating, Vieria as CDM works well in that role in my hybrid but not sure about Effenberg at rcm ?
    My other options would be Roy Keane now he's dropped in price, Mattheus (if I sold Baresi), Rui Costa at RCM ?
    Any thoughts ? (Can't afford Ruud !)

Swapped out Desailly for Blanc now and will probably be selling Baresi to buy another midfielder I think, depending what you think would be the best fit for the RCM

I've heard great things about Mattheus, but his price would use up all my coins (and Baresi!)
    Same workrates as Schweinsteiner so may be the best for the Box to Box role ?
    fLe5LTE.png
    Post edited by Cyklon on
  • 120k squad ps4?
  • Juked By Neymar
    120k squad ps4?
    Tevez
    IF Gaitan - Di Maria - Pogba - Candreva
    Ansaldi -Rojo - Chiellini - Konko
    TOTS Perin
  • Dropkiik Murphy
    1086 posts Professional
    Recently got back into this formation and been using this team

Uu3pBTb.jpg

Im looking to make a 2nd team but does anyone have any recommendations on which striker would be suited?
    I did use this formation before and have SIF Muller but didn't get on with him a great deal and same was with Ibra who i felt was dropping to deep for me.

Would Davor Suker be any good in the striker position?
  • l OwNz l
    488 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I guess you have switched playmaker instructions too modric? Otherwise schweini as the playmaker? :open_mouth:

Try suarez, aguero, bit more speed then muller and ibra
  • Juked By Neymar
    Recently got back into this formation and been using this team

Uu3pBTb.jpg

Im looking to make a 2nd team but does anyone have any recommendations on which striker would be suited?
    I did use this formation before and have SIF Muller but didn't get on with him a great deal and same was with Ibra who i felt was dropping to deep for me.

Would Davor Suker be any good in the striker position?
    that looks really good. Just bought Ronaldo myself but been using a 4-3-3 to try and get him with Neymar/Bale up top.
    Been utilizing it with IF Sneijder/IF Melo in the midfield. Might see if I can come up with one of those in a 4-1-4-1

• Dropkiik Murphy
    1086 posts Professional
    l OwNz l wrote: »
    I guess you have switched playmaker instructions too modric? Otherwise schweini as the playmaker? :open_mouth:

Try suarez, aguero, bit more speed then muller and ibra

Yeah I just switch it so have Schweisteiger as stay back and Modric as stay forward.
  • Smoothino
    1334 posts Professional
    This team in this formation is breathtaking

Lewa
    Rues gotze Schweinsteiger robben
    lahm
    alaba benatia boateng dortmund rb

Now i need a fitness team

Would a brazil one work? Was thinking

Jonas
    neymar ronaldinho ramires hulk
    melo
    marcelo luiz silva alves

• Juked By Neymar
    Smoothino wrote: »
    This team in this formation is breathtaking

Lewa
    Rues gotze Schweinsteiger robben
    lahm
    alaba benatia boateng dortmund rb

Now i need a fitness team

Would a brazil one work? Was thinking

Jonas
    neymar ronaldinho ramires hulk
    melo
    marcelo luiz silva alves
    I reckon the Brazil one would work outside of the fact that Dinho will be literally dead by the end of games.
    If you can get TOTS Jonas I would do that, otherwise maybe IF Ari?
  • Juked By Neymar
    Smoothino wrote: »
    Looks good to me, Iniesta/Suarez are so good.