Thatoe's 4-1-4-1 Formation Guide

Comments

• Thatoe
    425 posts Sunday League Hero
    zizu10 wrote: »
    Great guide
    What camera settings do you use? and when are you streaming next time?

Thank you.
    I use Tele but trying out Tele Broadcast too in some games.
    I'm busy with finals at the moment so streams are unlikely for now.
  • Thatoe
    Batman wrote: »
    Do you think a striker with H/H work rates would work with this formation? I'm thinking of getting Sif Muller I have wanted to try him for a while just want to know what you think of him first.

Definitely.
    I've used Muller there and he's amazing.
  • Thatoe
    Rumplefish wrote: »
    Nice guide, will definitely give it a try.

I was thinking of building this team:
    MOTM Gameiro
    Griezmann - Turan - IF Calhagulo - IF Cabella
    Topal
    IF Tremoulinas - Kaya - IF Toprak - Debuchy
    Muslera

How do you think it'll play?

I haven't tried most of these players but judging from the stats, Gameiro might be too small and weak to lead the line.
  • Juked By Neymar
    3456 posts National Call-Up
    What are your thoughts on a team like this?
    Suker
    Futre - Rui Costa - Kroos - IF Feghouli
    Khedira
    Alba - Pique - SIF Godin - J. Periera
    IF Bravo
  • Hi Guys
    can u build me a Team for 100k?

Thanks
  • soulstar
    619 posts Sunday League Hero
    Any ideas what to do with this team and 3.6m coins?

ydrkuhvn.jpg

Midfield is pretty clunky yet solid but not real fun. Isco is rather meh. Tried Benzema at ST but didn't like him. Mullers workrates didn't work for me in this formation :/

Maybe something similar with the core players and change it up a bit? Waiting for the TOTS for Boateng, Muller, Meier and maybe upgrade Ronny but not sure if that is even worth.

Cheers
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Thatoe wrote: »
    Rumplefish wrote: »
    Nice guide, will definitely give it a try.

I was thinking of building this team:
    MOTM Gameiro
    Griezmann - Turan - IF Calhagulo - IF Cabella
    Topal
    IF Tremoulinas - Kaya - IF Toprak - Debuchy
    Muslera

How do you think it'll play?

I haven't tried most of these players but judging from the stats, Gameiro might be too small and weak to lead the line.
    Thanks for the tip, might replace him with Benzema
  • Breadth
    186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    soulstar wrote: »

ydrkuhvn.jpg

Midfield is pretty clunky yet solid but not real fun. Isco is rather meh. Tried Benzema at ST but didn't like him. Mullers workrates didn't work for me in this formation :/

Maybe something similar with the core players and change it up a bit? Waiting for the TOTS for Boateng, Muller, Meier and maybe upgrade Ronny but not sure if that is even worth.

Cheers

How is Isco? Are you just using him for chem purposes? I am using Jese to get perfect chem for Ronaldo but I was thinking about trying out Isco.
  • soulstar
    Breadth wrote: »
    soulstar wrote: »

ydrkuhvn.jpg

Cheers

How is Isco? Are you just using him for chem purposes? I am using Jese to get perfect chem for Ronaldo but I was thinking about trying out Isco.

He does his job. And yeah, chem reasons only. IF Coentrao isn't really suited for that position. Isco has good dribbling and passing and that is what he is doing for me. Since I play possession and slow build up I don't mind his lack of pace. Will get him out once there is a TOTS Müller and will move Ronny back to LM.
  • Breadth
    186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Don't you think Ronny would be a waste at LM? I see Ronaldo as the perfect st for this position. I can't think of anyone better.
  • soulstar
    Breadth wrote: »
    Don't you think Ronny would be a waste at LM? I see Ronaldo as the perfect st for this position. I can't think of anyone better.

Due to the formation the LM and RM are stretched out and the oponents midfield cannot contain the mid 5 guys. You can basically whip it out from the LM to the RM and vice versa and they are usually unmarked and have tons of room. Perfect for Ronny to go on a wild run.
  • Paciga45
    3571 posts National Call-Up
    Anyone have an inexpensive silver team for me to try?
  • Buffalo Trace
    97 posts
    edited May 2015
    How would this squad play?

futhead.com/15/squads/31962323/
  • Epik
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    zizu10 wrote: »
    Great guide
    What camera settings do you use? and when are you streaming next time?

I've been using 4-1-4-1 with a possession mindset with great success. Undefeated so far even with a budget BPL squad with the likes of Remy, Jarvis, Barry, etc against Ronaldo's and Messi's.

This formation might be the safest defensively this year because of the CDM and how tight the midfield is together while also having the LM/RM's able to track back when you're not attacking.

Also it's so easy to keep possession and build-up play even against high-pressing.

I use Co-Op camera with Max height and 0 Zoom for maximum viewing of the pitch so I can also send longballs from fullback to fullback or from FB to winger to switch play.

If you go into vs. TOTW and change your camera settings you can see that the 0-20 is actaully relatively small in how much it changes but I think the max height is still better because you can perceive vertical spacing a bit better.

• Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    I like this formation, I find it one of the most versatile. You can play possession (better than any other from in my opinion), or you can even play counter attack depending on who you use.

Here's my team that I have in it:

pitch-2048284.jpg

(Boateng is full chem obvs, that's just a FutWiz error)
  • Gladiaattori1500
    539 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'm thinking of:

Tevez
    Asamoao-Poggy-Schweiny-Müller
    Lahm
    Evra-Chiellini-Benatia-Pisczek
    Buffon
  • METH
    940 posts Semi-Pro
    Anyone tried this on attacking from the kick off??

Played a few games and going forward it was lethal, totally overloaded the opposition even though he had a back four and two cdms.
    Enjoying Van Persie has the target man.
  • Paciga45
    3571 posts National Call-Up
    Building a half legend team (ST, LM, RM and CMx2)

Set on Suker at ST and Effenberg as one CM.

Who would you suggest at LM/RM. Not a huge budget (1.3) for the team. Would be open to a LM on 7 chem if that is best.
    No clue as to my creative CM (which I use as a CAM almost). Thinking M Laudrup, JayJay, Zola? Anyone I am missing in budget?

Open to ideas, would love to hear some suggestions.
  • Juked By Neymar
    Paciga45 wrote: »
    Building a half legend team (ST, LM, RM and CMx2)

Set on Suker at ST and Effenberg as one CM.

Who would you suggest at LM/RM. Not a huge budget (1.3) for the team. Would be open to a LM on 7 chem if that is best.
    No clue as to my creative CM (which I use as a CAM almost). Thinking M Laudrup, JayJay, Zola? Anyone I am missing in budget?

Open to ideas, would love to hear some suggestions.
    Futre is good and cheap. Figo would be rough on the budget so either Ljungberg or Neved there I would say
    heard really hood things about M Laudrup, Hagi also very good
  • Smudge
    4568 posts National Call-Up
    Hi there,

Trying to get into this formation with my aggressive possession based playstyle.

Could you give me any thoughts on the best prem side (including TOTS players)?

I think I'd like to use TOTY AdM as one of the CMs but I'm not sure on the best striker and CDM. IF Yaya looks like a pretty solid pick for the DM but then I'd need someone else in the RCM spot.

Cheers
  • Juked By Neymar
    Smudge wrote: »
    Hi there,

Trying to get into this formation with my aggressive possession based playstyle.

Could you give me any thoughts on the best prem side (including TOTS players)?

I think I'd like to use TOTY AdM as one of the CMs but I'm not sure on the best striker and CDM. IF Yaya looks like a pretty solid pick for the DM but then I'd need someone else in the RCM spot.

Cheers
    Kompany/Mangala/UP Kosc are all good for CB's - TOTS Terry looks immense if paired with a faster CB
    plenty of options at LB/RB can't really go wrong there
    it depends what you're looking at for the midfield. IF Fellaini is very physical and hard to push off the ball, hate playing him, but not really an agile playmaker like ADM, SIF/TIF Silva is also a terrific playmaker
    Can't go wrong up top with any version of Aguero or Costa although I find Aguero is probably better for the formation. Rooney also a good option as he will drop deeper to get involved in the playmaking and a good passer
  • studgeYNWA
    18 posts Ball Boy
    This might be a bit of a long post, but here I go. First of all, what would you say the difference between the 4231(2) and the 4141 is? I have looked at a VERY well thought out guide of both formations, and I am honestly stuck at which to choose. In the case that I DO choose this formation, I made a couple of squads and I need your opinion on them.
    A question about the squads:
    Who should I take out/add in? (I have maximum 120k, yea, I'm FIFA broke...)
    Anyway, here are the 4 squads, could you please tell me which would be the most effective (for divisions)

1. http://www.futhead.com/15/squads/33175090/
    2. http://www.futhead.com/15/squads/33175081/
    3. http://www.futhead.com/15/squads/33175075/
    4. http://www.futhead.com/15/squads/33175066/ Thanks!
  • Juked By Neymar
    studgeYNWA wrote: »
    This might be a bit of a long post, but here I go. First of all, what would you say the difference between the 4231(2) and the 4141 is? I have looked at a VERY well thought out guide of both formations, and I am honestly stuck at which to choose. In the case that I DO choose this formation, I made a couple of squads and I need your opinion on them.
    Anyway, here are the 4 squads, could you please tell me which would be the most effective (for divisions)

For me these are my 2 favorite formations this year and you won't go wrong with either of them, I've got a cheap team in each formation and struggling to decide which formation I'll use for my team I spend all my money on here with TOTS
    anyways - I guess the thing I like about the 4-1-4-1 is that it feels like the midfield moves up together which gives you a lot of little 1-2 options moving up the field and the striker drops deep to get involved as well. I wouldn't really recommend it if you're not a possession type player but I suppose it could still be viable

Out of your squads I would say #1 is definitely the most complete. I would give that a shot and see how it plays. If you feel you need bit more defensive cover you could try Khedira at CDM and Kroos at LCM

Another option would be putting SIF Godin over Ramos and then Ansaldi at LB and TOTS Tiago or Gabi at LCM

I don't think you should have problems tho if you make sure the CDM is staying back on attack

Good luck!
  • Juked By Neymar
    While I'm on the thread, which team do people like the looks of better?
    pitch-2170001.jpg
    pitch-2170004.jpg
  • aldovelco
    156 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    While I'm on the thread, which team do people like the looks of better?
    pitch-2170001.jpg
    pitch-2170004.jpg

I prefer the second but I'm not really a fan of Godin
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    So was looking to try this formation out, as well as try out some new players, and this is what I converged on (mostly playing Div4 or Div3):

pitch-2170057.jpg

So this is definitely suboptimal as-is. My criteria are:
    - I want to use Montero, I'm a fan.
    - I like to maintain as close to full chem as possible, though if a couple players are 7-9 no big
    - If possible I'd like to keep the 5* skill players, working on learning those moves

My main concerns with this squad, tell me if I'm wrong:
    - Workrates on the Kompany/Mangala pair kinda suck
    - Hector Herrera isn't great at much, though I've had good luck with him box-to-box
    - Martinez has pretty low passing, he's more of a shoot-it-or-lose-it striker
    - Fernandinho is also "incredibly okay" in his position here...he's chose more for chem, I'm comfortable with a better, slower CDM that works

Main things I've liked so far after a few games:
    - Montero definitely has the curve and long shots you want, as well as the dribbling
    - Martinez can finish no problemo. But it's obvious he's better as a runaway striker
    - I've been focusing on possession for a while, and this team so far is great for it. I run 60% or 65% no problem, with 85% or higher passing.
    - Kompany/Mangala can shut down strikers, but the combination of two fast CBs is probably overkill.

I also tried IF Jonas in the second CM position, which wasn't too bad...but then you definitely have two CAMs, he doesn't really go box-to-box. But the combination of two CAMs with great long shots on both sides of a powerful striker is pretty decent.

Anybody got a box-to-box CM they like from Primeira Liga they'd swear by? Any suggestions on a defense? I don't love my defensive options in the league, which is why I'm trying to work a single-team diamond (GK to CDM) there. The other ones I'm looking at are Bayern or Dortmund. I don't want to run PSG, sick to death of that back line (been running it all year).

Any ideas? Also just wanted to share the squad, really loving the formation and the guide.
  • Juked By Neymar
    heavymcd wrote: »
    So was looking to try this formation out, as well as try out some new players, and this is what I converged on (mostly playing Div4 or Div3):

My main concerns with this squad, tell me if I'm wrong:
    - Workrates on the Kompany/Mangala pair kinda suck
    - Hector Herrera isn't great at much, though I've had good luck with him box-to-box
    - Martinez has pretty low passing, he's more of a shoot-it-or-lose-it striker
    - Fernandinho is also "incredibly okay" in his position here...he's chose more for chem, I'm comfortable with a better, slower CDM that works

Anybody got a box-to-box CM they like from Primeira Liga they'd swear by? Any suggestions on a defense? I don't love my defensive options in the league, which is why I'm trying to work a single-team diamond (GK to CDM) there. The other ones I'm looking at are Bayern or Dortmund. I don't want to run PSG, sick to death of that back line (been running it all year).

Any ideas? Also just wanted to share the squad, really loving the formation and the guide.
    Enzo Perez is fantastic

Lahm - UP Boateng - Benatia and Leno in net is a great option for that diamond at the back
    Quintero or Enzo are both options over Herrera if you're not a fan of him. I used Quintero at CM in a false 9 and he's got nifty dribbling and passing does the job
    Another good option would be Gustavo - SIF Naldo - Dante/Felipe Santana/Hummels and Weidenfeller/Any Bundesliga keeper
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    Lahm - UP Boateng - Benatia and Leno in net is a great option for that diamond at the back
    Quintero or Enzo are both options over Herrera if you're not a fan of him. I used Quintero at CM in a false 9 and he's got nifty dribbling and passing does the job
    Another good option would be Gustavo - SIF Naldo - Dante/Felipe Santana/Hummels and Weidenfeller/Any Bundesliga keeper

Oh man, though, that passing on Felipe Santana. Don't think I can handle that. Thinking the Boateng/Benatia combo is the one for me. Any reason you'd go Leno over Neuer? Just price? Also any thoughts on Xabi Alonso for my CDM over Lahm? Just worry about Lahm's high attacking workrate, and him bombing forward on me.

Alternately Gustavo/Boateng/Naldo/Neuer looks pretty decent. Would you believe I've not really played with any Bundesliga players all year, aside from a couple I used for their country (but not big names)? Could be fun to branch out.

Now I guess it's down to Perez vs. Quintero...that's a tough one. Quintero looks like he has much better dribbling (in-game stats), and 4* skills, but obviously having zero defending on both my CMs is a concern. Where Perez looks easily able to track back and win a ball. Neither looks great at shooting (though neither is "bad" obviously). Not like they're expensive, maybe I'll try both.

Thanks for the tips. Can't wait to get the hang of this team.
  • Juked By Neymar
    heavymcd wrote: »

Oh man, though, that passing on Felipe Santana. Don't think I can handle that. Thinking the Boateng/Benatia combo is the one for me. Any reason you'd go Leno over Neuer? Just price? Also any thoughts on Xabi Alonso for my CDM over Lahm? Just worry about Lahm's high attacking workrate, and him bombing forward on me.

Alternately Gustavo/Boateng/Naldo/Neuer looks pretty decent. Would you believe I've not really played with any Bundesliga players all year, aside from a couple I used for their country (but not big names)? Could be fun to branch out.

Now I guess it's down to Perez vs. Quintero...that's a tough one. Quintero looks like he has much better dribbling (in-game stats), and 4* skills, but obviously having zero defending on both my CMs is a concern. Where Perez looks easily able to track back and win a ball. Neither looks great at shooting (though neither is "bad" obviously). Not like they're expensive, maybe I'll try both.

Thanks for the tips. Can't wait to get the hang of this team.

- Boateng/Benatia is solid for me. Leno is good for the price, I would upgrade elsewhere if you can but Neuer is great too
    - Lahm > Alonso easily. Used both as a lone CDM, Lahm wins a lot of tackles Alonso doesn't and is just as good at passing, is quicker. Alonso is also usually dead by the end of games due to low Stamina which was never an issue with Lahm
    - I've actually not used a ton of Bundesliga players this year at least attacking wise, been mostly hybriding in defenders/mids/keepers
    - I would probably try Enzo first if you're putting him next to Montero
    - good luck!!
  • studgeYNWA
    18 posts Ball Boy
    studgeYNWA wrote: »

For me these are my 2 favorite formations this year and you won't go wrong with either of them, I've got a cheap team in each formation and struggling to decide which formation I'll use for my team I spend all my money on here with TOTS
    anyways - I guess the thing I like about the 4-1-4-1 is that it feels like the midfield moves up together which gives you a lot of little 1-2 options moving up the field and the striker drops deep to get involved as well. I wouldn't really recommend it if you're not a possession type player but I suppose it could still be viable

Out of your squads I would say #1 is definitely the most complete. I would give that a shot and see how it plays. If you feel you need bit more defensive cover you could try Khedira at CDM and Kroos at LCM

Another option would be putting SIF Godin over Ramos and then Ansaldi at LB and TOTS Tiago or Gabi at LCM

I don't think you should have problems tho if you make sure the CDM is staying back on attack

Good luck!

(Sorry for all the questions)but if 1 doesnt end up working for me, what should be my backup squad? Also, what are the main triangles to move up the pitch? (Sorry if u explained it in the original post, i didnt see it. If it actually is there, could you tell me so i can go back and look at it again?) Thanks again :)