Thatoe's 4-1-4-1 Formation Guide

Comments

• Thatoe
    425 posts Sunday League Hero
    Thanks for helping out @Paciga45
    As I said, I'm clueless with legends so can't really help.
    But judging from the stats and workrates from the teams paciga45 built, they look really good.
    Wish I could use Vieira :(
  • soulstar
    619 posts Sunday League Hero
    Thatoe wrote: »
    But judging from the stats and workrates from the teams paciga45 built, they look really good.

Thx for jumping in as well and thx for this guide! I like how wide the LM and RM are. I can pass between them too against most teams switching sides easily. Could you help out with custom tactics for people who cannot use custom instructions?

Cheers
  • Paciga45
    3546 posts National Call-Up
    soulstar wrote: »

Thx for jumping in as well and thx for this guide! I like how wide the LM and RM are. I can pass between them too against most teams switching sides easily. Could you help out with custom tactics for people who cannot use custom instructions?

Cheers

I just use possession on quick tactics.
  • Thatoe
    MrganLAWD wrote: »

Yes, mate.
    Perfect players for every position.
    Let me know how you like it.
  • MrganLAWD
    5 posts
    edited April 2015
    MrganLAWD wrote: »

Yes, mate.
    Perfect players for every position.
    Let me know how you like it.

Will do, never tried the 4-1-4-1. Been meaning to try possession football for a while too.
  • Sneakypi
    5 posts
    edited April 2015
    Hey,

does it matter on which side I put my "playmaker"? Because if I watch my teamratings after the game. The left CM is a little bit more offensive as you can see in the picture. Do you noticed that too?
    r9i54zqr.jpg
  • Thatoe
    Sneakypi wrote: »
    Hey,

does it matter on which side I put my "playmaker"? Because if I watch my teamratings after the game. The left CM is a little bit more offensive as you can see in the picture. Do you noticed that too?
    r9i54zqr.jpg

It doesn't. That's just how it shows in post match screen.
    Same thing with 4312 strikers I think. One is shown a bit further up but they play the same, depending on their workrates and instructions.

Did you just copy japes's team? :D

• Breadth
    186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited April 2015
    Just tried this formation for the first time after reading this guide and I just won 4 games straight with 2 rage quits at div 2. Managed to win the title.
    I've been playing 433(2) and (5) and I play a possession style. This formation has worked wonders for me. It really suits my style as I like to play 1-2s with my winger and the CM to break down the defense.

One thing I noticed is that in this formation the wingers stay back often while the CMs like to go forward. I actually prefer this as I use CMs with a solid shot while my wingers are not the greatest.
    Here is what I am using, I would like suggestions on how to improve my squad with having Ronaldo, Modric, and Di Maria on full chem.

PES0TqA.jpg

• Thatoe
    Breadth wrote: »
    Just tried this formation for the first time after reading this guide and I just won 4 games straight with 2 rage quits at div 2. Managed to win the title.
    I've been playing 433(2) and (5) and I play a possession style. This formation has worked wonders for me. It really suits my style as I like to play 1-2s with my winger and the CM to break down the defense.

One thing I noticed is that in this formation the wingers stay back often while the CMs like to go forward. I actually prefer this as I use CMs with a solid shot while my wingers are not the greatest.
    Here is what I am using, I would like suggestions on how to improve my squad with having Ronaldo, Modric, and Di Maria on full chem.

PES0TqA.jpg

Depending on your budget, you could switch sides and get expensive wingers.
    Something like this,

9d6d054ed29d939174f713155713217e.png
  • Thatoe wrote: »
    Hey,

r9i54zqr.jpg

It doesn't. That's just how it shows in post match screen.
    Same thing with 4312 strikers I think. One is shown a bit further up but they play the same, depending on their workrates and instructions.

Did you just copy japes's team? :D

o:) Yeah just watched his new video :p
    #ChipLife
  • Btw for those who don´t have the coins or don´t want to spend too much on a team before you can handle the formation. Here is a very solid team: http://www.futhead.com/15/squads/29938079/
    In my opinion you can´t get a better team with that amount of coins.
    I also put in some alternatives if Alonso is too slow for you then go with Behrami or Gustavo. But Alonso´s passing in this position is really effective and he is a good defender aswell.

I am a big fan of Thiago and his 4* skills with his outstanding shortpassing makes him the best CM for me. But then again if you need more strength go for Boateng or Gündogan if you want more pace. You can also put in IF Castro as your box to box midfielder. But I only can guess how he will perform.

You can also leave out the IFs and go with there NIF of course. Or you go with Kalou instead of Choupo and KdB for Maxim. But I like Maxim and Choupo more because Maxim has the 5* Skills and Choupo is more reliable.
    You can also go with Gündogan as your playmaking CM but his shooting is not so great for this role. Depends on what you want.

In the defence I honestly don´t see any alternatives. Of course you can put in Boateng if you want to spend more coins. But I promise you that Sokratis will do a very good job.

cya

ps.: Sorry for my english. I hope you understand what I meant.
  • Danielpretti
    46 posts Park Captain
    Hello folks, I'm a big fan of 4141.
    Been struggling tho to find the best partnership of the central 3 mids. Currently I have:
    If Wanyama, Ramires and Cesc

Tries a few others, like Di Maria, Cabella, Fernandinho, Coutinho, Ozil, Matic but can't find the right balance. I just few that Ramires is too weak.

What is your advice? Yaya on Ramires? Someone on Cesc?

Rest of the team:
    Courtois, Zabaleta, Kompany, Kosc, Aspi, Sanchez, Hazard, Rooney.

Tks!
  • Hello folks, I'm a big fan of 4141.
    Been struggling tho to find the best partnership of the central 3 mids. Currently I have:

Tries a few others, like Di Maria, Cabella, Fernandinho, Coutinho, Ozil, Matic but can't find the right balance. I just few that Ramires is too weak.

Rest of the team:

Tks!

Just play Fabregas as your box to box CM. He works fine for me in that role. If you still don´t like him then you can try IF Herrera or Yaya if you have the coins. Ramires´ passing is too weak so he isn´t a good choice in my opinion.
    Here are some partnerships I liked or I think they will work:
    • David Silva IF, Yaya Toure, Matic (DM)
    • David Silva IF, Fabregas, Toure (DM)
    • Santi IF, Ramsey IF, Fernandinho (DM)
    • Eriksen, Gerrard, Sandro (DM)
    • Oscar, Herrera IF, Yaya Toure (DM) (my fav)

• Danielpretti
    46 posts Park Captain

Rest of the team:

Tks!

Just play Fabregas as your box to box CM. He works fine for me in that role. If you still don´t like him then you can try IF Herrera or Yaya if you have the coins. Ramires´ passing is too weak so he isn´t a good choice in my opinion.
    Nice! Tks for the advice! I'm running Cesc, Yaya and if Wanyama right now, seems great so far.
    But now I'm willing to try if Silva on Cesc, are the coin difference worth?
    Tks!
  • Sneakypi wrote: »

Rest of the team:

Tks!

Nice! Tks for the advice! I'm running Cesc, Yaya and if Wanyama right now, seems great so far.
    Tks!

Yes. There is no better playmaker than David Silva in the BPL
  • Paciga45

Rest of the team:

Tks!

Tks!

Yes. There is no better playmaker than David Silva in the BPL

I found SIF Santi to be an upgrade over SIF Silva, especially with that weak foot
  • Paciga45

Rest of the team:

Tks!

Some good advice already here, let me add a few:
    SIF Santi, IF Ramsey, Yaya (DM)
    IF Oscar, Gerrard, Matic (DM)

I think Yaya is the best CDM in the league until Matic gets a TotS upgrade. Cesc is good and can play either CM role, so it depends on what you see him as before finishing off the team.
  • Jonesing10
    69 posts Park Captain
    Trying these teams to no avail in D1. How can I condense them down to 3 even better teams or possibly 2 teams.

bb6e4cc90146e504653381fd0289fd20.png57b205a332c6bd82c06f5d844c9bccc1.png7cca7d2db3887dd7aa49abbfab3d0129.png[img]http://www.gyazo.com/e6528b1b0000bea9f2e878db95d12e0b.png I have many others players in these leagues but no many coins since these are pack only teams (wasted soooo many coins on packs). How would you condense these teams. Im ok with players on 7+ chem and also subbing in players to make it work.[/img]
  • Paciga45
    Jonesing10 wrote: »
    Trying these teams to no avail in D1. How can I condense them down to 3 even better teams or possibly 2 teams.

bb6e4cc90146e504653381fd0289fd20.png57b205a332c6bd82c06f5d844c9bccc1.png7cca7d2db3887dd7aa49abbfab3d0129.png[img]http://www.gyazo.com/e6528b1b0000bea9f2e878db95d12e0b.png I have many others players in these leagues but no many coins since these are pack only teams (wasted soooo many coins on packs). How would you condense these teams. Im ok with players on 7+ chem and also subbing in players to make it work.[/img]

I like the first team except I would actually try out KDB at ST and put Gotze in at CAM.

The BPL team could use some work. To start, Costa doesn't have the short passing to make this formation work. 75 is about the lowest I would go with that. Try out RVP or someone like that. Also, I would use Matic at CDM or put Toure at CDM and grab either IF Ramsey or Gerrard as the other CM.

I'm not a fan of the Ibra team. I would scratch the whole thing and just keep one side PSG (so Matuidi with either Lucas or Lavezzi) and use BBVA to hybrid it around
  • xciljw
    4969 posts National Call-Up
    Think I am going to give this formation a go to try.

You think this would work?
    41b77605e8a6e72d107e4bfa135c7d6c.png

Or should I go with Sirigu, so I can go with Lahm CDM and get someone like De Bruyne or Götze at CM?
  • Thatoe
    xciljw wrote: »
    Think I am going to give this formation a go to try.

You think this would work?
    41b77605e8a6e72d107e4bfa135c7d6c.png

Or should I go with Sirigu, so I can go with Lahm CDM and get someone like De Bruyne or Götze at CM?

Go with Sirigu. Ruffier is probably the worst keeper I've used.
    Also, yes, you need a creative player like De Bruyne or Götze at CM.
    Let me know how it goes!
  • Breadth
    186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I wouldn't use players like lahm at the CM in this formation. I find the CM's get many opportunities to take long shots so I would not use players who shoot like a little girl.
  • xciljw
    4969 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2015
    Been trying with the team I posted above, as I wanted to find out first whether I like the formation. I believe I had 70% ball possession on average with 93% passing accuracy. On the ball it played really well, but had problems creating/scoring opportunities with a crowded box. That's one of the things I am normally good at, so think it is partly because of the players (Lahm and Schweinie cant shoot) and didnt really like Lewandowski.

Came up with three more teams. Please your opinion:
    ef4143a7b24650a7962f2790f1d4dcd5.png
    3bc3d9c458a645c427434589d9943243.png
    d281f7d0ad41169836a6405d5f9d9d68.png
  • itzDrizzy
    375 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited April 2015
    i liked this formation, actually i am a 4231(2) user but i like CMs can be play on forward in this tactic. i mean they are so effective
  • Thatoe
    xciljw wrote: »
    Came up with three more teams. Please your opinion:
    ef4143a7b24650a7962f2790f1d4dcd5.png
    3bc3d9c458a645c427434589d9943243.png
    d281f7d0ad41169836a6405d5f9d9d68.png

First one is my favorite.
    Busquets is AMAZING in that role.
    I'd still go with Sirigu instead of Ruffier though. ;)

• Great guide
    What camera settings do you use? and when are you streaming next time?
  • They Caged Non
    4355 posts National Call-Up
    a couple of observations I have found from using the formation, the striker doesn't need to have pace, just needs to be a great finisher and a relatively good dribbler. Higuain, Lew etc. obviously Tevez is going to work well there too, and I would say the lower end of the dribbling ability scale someone like Adebayor and Huntelaar are also useful.

in the midfield ive found one really strong and one fairly quick player work well, Pogba and Mertens for instance. I would say at least 80 passing is essential for you keep the ball more effectively. ive had success using Modric and James too with Modric doing the role of the stronger player quite well.

I know he is hated on these forums but the UP Ibarbo is ideal for that RM position, I have scored only one goal in about 35 games with him and sometimes I don't even notice him there, what he does do really well is nullify an opponents fast LW, he will track back at pace and just destroy them with a tackle, I tend to use the LM in a more creative role.

one thing I have found is you can pretty much use any full back you like, regardless of defending ability as they mainly stay back anyway due to the wide position the LM and RM employ.

finally the best CDMs I have used are DDR, Khedeira, Mikel and the Polish guy from La Liga (cant remember his name but he is a monster)
  • Batman
    92 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Do you think a striker with H/H work rates would work with this formation? I'm thinking of getting Sif Muller I have wanted to try him for a while just want to know what you think of him first.
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Nice guide, will definitely give it a try.

I was thinking of building this team:
    MOTM Gameiro
    Griezmann - Turan - IF Calhagulo - IF Cabella
    Topal
    IF Tremoulinas - Kaya - IF Toprak - Debuchy
    Muslera

How do you think it'll play?