PIM Socrates...what a card!

ASlowPotato
1017 posts Professional
Just got one. 10 games later I've found my new favourite card of the year. He's so agile and quick, but is a brick wall. 21 goals and 17 assists from CAM and in delayed gameplay.

Honestly I'm so shocked by how broken it is. Didn't expect it at all, I just wanted to give him a try cause I wanted a tall strong CAM.

10/10 card.

Comments

• yosef167
    1553 posts Play-Off Hero
    Socrates one of my Fav players i used this year
    his passes and shot are from other world. also his body type helps him alot he hardly lose a ball
    i used his prime and was my second goalscorer from CM position
  • GeTRiGhT
    12216 posts Has That Special Something
    Been looking at him too
  • cdbuck26
    3806 posts National Call-Up
    I used him last year and besides Eusebio he was my favorite player- used his baby and mid this year and was too clunky for me
  • torakun
    2108 posts Fans' Favourite
    Used his prime last year for 200 games.. Then pulled his mid from sbc... Played over 600 games with him too..

Don't feel like trying him out again this year but arguably he's much better last year when headers are included in the meta.
  • Nicku32
    2269 posts Fans' Favourite
    I bought him a while back and still have him. Frustratingly though I paid 2.55k PS4 and a week later he was 400k less 😤

He is excellent though. Karma paid me back when I packed Birthday Lacazette yesterday however 😎
  • Giacdeman
    382 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeah he's amazing. I'm playing him as a striker cause I think his High/Low workrates make him perfect for a striker.
  • OZero
    6873 posts Big Money Move
    I thought he is clunky base on stats? Surprised that people say he is agile?
  • Giacdeman
    382 posts Sunday League Hero
    OZero wrote: »

Given his size he is quite agile. Don't expect him to dribble like Messi but he can definitely dribble.
  • Koning Spijker
    2235 posts Fans' Favourite
    OZero wrote: »

He has 87 agility, so that's not bad. Disadvantage is that he is so big.
    Clunky players are big players with low agility.
    His balance is very low, but considering his strength and height, balance doesn't matter
  • Bags
    1134 posts Professional
    how is he up front? used his baby but finding him too slow at turning at this point in the game. Also his size seems to mean he takes an age to get a shot off (even though it is good when he does)
  • Denz
    2850 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bags wrote: »
    how is he up front? used his baby but finding him too slow at turning at this point in the game. Also his size seems to mean he takes an age to get a shot off (even though it is good when he does)

Thought I'd respond to this than start a new thread.

Picked him up on the weekend and he is fantastic. Averaging a goal a game so far upfront which for me is impressive as the goals are usually spread out. At the moment him and ss Messi are grabbing the bulk.

He is quick, agile enough and both feet have rockets in them. Scored from some ridiculous angles which is fifa but I've been surprised by him.

Usually end up with a Brazilian team with prime r9 and Co, at the moment for me he's doing just as good a job.
  • Purplejacket
    3611 posts National Call-Up
    What chem style u guys using?
  • Denz
    2850 posts Fans' Favourite
    Put engine on mine, pace feels fine, because of his frame even with a hunter I'd doubt he'd be blitzing past everyone.

Instead you get a nice boost to the pace dribbling and passing, good for cam or St. Just wanted him to feel responsive and not clunky as others of his size do and for me he feels fine.

• Skywalker XVII
    354 posts Sunday League Hero
    Socrates is weird for me.

Tried his pim as cam and he couldnt do anything except shoot, kept losing the ball and felt really clunky.

Then I packed his mid untradeable and decide to try him as cm and hes been great. Still a bit clunky but doesnt notice it as much since he gets more space to operate in.
  • Yangster1984
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    Socrates is weird for me.

Tried his pim as cam and he couldnt do anything except shoot, kept losing the ball and felt really clunky.

Then I packed his mid untradeable and decide to try him as cm and hes been great. Still a bit clunky but doesnt notice it as much since he gets more space to operate in.

I agree with that been playing him for 2 full WL now not sure why others pim Socrates is being described as strong. Mine just collapse so frequently whenever defender body him from behind even though I hold the shield button his shots with both feet are rockets though no doubt.
  • joehuk
    4285 posts National Call-Up
    His prime card was outstanding for me.

Really agile, held the ball so well, and could shoot and his passing was brilliant

Been tempted to try his pim card but I don't want to sell two players for one but

Bday di Maria and if Ronaldo
  • Massman
    247 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited April 20
    had the prime and he was amazing
    been using the pim for almost 3 weeks and he is perfect
    main star of the team
    can do it all
  • Amdp9
    4884 posts Big Money Move
    HE is alright, Just wait for few games Specially WL games around Gold. I don't know may be rest of my team around him is better. For CAM position base ADP was the best thing happened to me this year on Base icon pack. I have tried Pele (91,95) Bergkemp Mid and Prime, Socrates all versions, Zola, Dinho baby and mid, FB Griezmann, End of the day I still love my baby ADP somehow.

• Kevin
    1524 posts Play-Off Hero
    Would he work on CM?
  • Sean123_
    710 posts Semi-Pro
    Kevin wrote: »
    Would he work on CM?

Someone.. would be paired with bakayoko
  • Stewuk73
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Cannot wait to use him - got him on loan 😀
  • JimNoShoes
    463 posts Sunday League Hero
    Love him, had the the mid then prime and now PIM. Easily my favourite player. Plays at CAM on hunter and is a goal machine who can play all round game