Is FIFA 18/19/20 the worst game ever made?

Byrnzie28
1862 posts Fans' Favourite
The game is a broken mess. This is undeniable, despite what a handful of EA fanboys have to say.

Is this wreck of a game the worst ever [top-tier franchise] made or is/are there another/others?

Comments

• Mjdtheman
    353 posts Sunday League Hero
    Since it become only about how much money EA could make that’s all they’ve cared about
  • Bobo23
    5654 posts Big Money Move
    FIFA on this current gen has been horrible altogether!
  • Azof
    21482 posts Club Captain
    18/19/20 are three different games.

And no it isn't even close to the worst game ever made.
  • L1vingl1fe
    4829 posts National Call-Up
    Worst? No. There are a ton of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ games out there. It is definitely one of the most frustrating though which is amplified when you consider the size of the player base for the FIFA franchise
  • BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner
    I enjoyed fifa 18 alot... Pro clubs that is.
  • Covkilla91mob
    2032 posts Fans' Favourite
    18 was actually a skilled game last 2 have took none pretty much
  • Voodoo_Monkey
    406 posts Sunday League Hero
    Since frostbite, the game has been a mess. Don’t get me wrong, this game has never been perfect, but the sooner EA fook off the frostbite engine, the better!
  • Smsalnuaimi
    1608 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nope
  • CosmicFuzz
    839 posts Semi-Pro
    I think 18 / 19 /20 are much better than previous LB / triangle to win iterations of the game. They have made a lot of improvements and the game is now less about all out pace than in previous years. It's still not perfect but it's also not a 'broken mess' either
  • SYMMO19
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    CosmicFuzz wrote: »
    I think 18 / 19 /20 are much better than previous LB / triangle to win iterations of the game. They have made a lot of improvements and the game is now less about all out pace than in previous years. It's still not perfect but it's also not a 'broken mess' either

Would love to know the 19 and 20 you've played because it's clearly not the same versions as me.
  • MHoney1234
    10339 posts Has That Special Something
    I liked Fifa 18 tbh. Low driven shots were op but the game was fast and pretty responsive. Fifa 17 and 18 are the mecca compared to the last two editions.
  • TheMightyBee
    4121 posts National Call-Up
    Yet everyone is still grinding all their time and money into it, stopping is the best thing you will ever do!
  • Delvinho
    2489 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gromit wrote: »

Yeah but now its just endless promos , every team full of 99 stat bloated players where skill move abuse is the key to winning. Where teams are set out ultra defensive, where bronze, silvers and even golds have almost no place in the game.

Where the 20+ licenced leagues don't really matter since most if them are unusable. Where you use the same players for 600+ games because they're untradable and too high rated to leave out. They're also the same players everyone else has got.

Where you get the best card only to find a better one released the following week. Where players have 10 different versions of their card.

The game is a horrid mess, that makes pretty much no sense at all.

Give me FUT12/13/14 any day, yeah they had gameplay flaws aplenty. But the game made sense, you made teams from every league, I never felt like I was being manipulated nor that my players were at the mercy of EA.

I didn't need 20m coins because I could make a brilliant bronze team for 4k and have hours of fun.

Simpler times, but better times.

Completely agree with that last bit
  • Anarki301
    359 posts Sunday League Hero
    I was maybe critical of fifa 18 at the time, but I liked it, it was a pretty good, imo, probably the best fifa of the last 4 games in this series.
  • Voodoo_Monkey
    406 posts Sunday League Hero
    Give me FUT12/13/14 any day, yeah they had gameplay flaws aplenty. But the game made sense, you made teams from every league, I never felt like I was being manipulated nor that my players were at the mercy of EA.

I didn't need 20m coins because I could make a brilliant bronze team for 4k and have hours of fun.

Couldn’t agree more. Absolutely spot on the money there pal.

I miss 13,14 and even 15.

• MICKBHOY
    56 posts Park Captain
    Ive just played a career game OFFLINE and gameplay was embarassing.not went near UT because of same reason.it affects career now.i would just love to get 2 honest answers..(1)how can a company as big as ea get away with this broken game...& (2)why haven't ea sorted it.patch after patch it gets worse but all were given is troubleshooting tips!!!
  • GrasuXXL
    276 posts Sunday League Hero
    I miss 15 and TOTS Toni pepperoni.
  • CosmicFuzz
    839 posts Semi-Pro
    edited April 2020

Yeah but now its just endless promos , every team full of 99 stat bloated players where skill move abuse is the key to winning. Where teams are set out ultra defensive, where bronze, silvers and even golds have almost no place in the game.

Where the 20+ licenced leagues don't really matter since most if them are unusable. Where you use the same players for 600+ games because they're untradable and too high rated to leave out. They're also the same players everyone else has got.

Where you get the best card only to find a better one released the following week. Where players have 10 different versions of their card.

The game is a horrid mess, that makes pretty much no sense at all.

Simpler times, but better times.

I don't disagree, I would like to go back to the simpler days before endless promos, where you could throw together fun teams and get matched against similar rated teams. When we had B/S/G tournaments to play etc
    But gameplay wise on the pitch I think there have been a lot of improvements and it's a far better game now.
  • Gavalarrrr
    339 posts Sunday League Hero
    By far the poorest FIFA I've played.
    The amount of patches released for this game has been embarrassing.
    No company should get away with releasing a game that is so incomplete and full of bugs.
    This latest patch has ruined the game even further. Worst passing yet!
  • Pooter
    4802 posts Big Money Move
    FUT 20 is an absolute disaster, the current and one before it rendered all responsiveness a joke, coupled with the fact that everyone that wanted icon swaps and other promo objectives were relegating themselves. EA thought they were being creative, yeah creative in losing customers not creative enough to see hindsight in what may happen if they put OP cards and icon swaps, because thrashy people who can't play the game properly have to relegate themselves to get those cards
  • aceofknaves73
    1219 posts Professional
    I miss online fut seasons, rivals just doesnt do it for me like online seasons did!
  • I SiR MartY I
    16826 posts World Class
    edited April 2020
    There are the worst FIFA games of this gen, 17 as well. Wouldn't call them the worst games ever made, I've played much worse this gen, but they are the worst football games of this gen.

14/15 were decent, they had issues and overpowered issues but they were fun, they were consistent, you know what worked, what didn't, what to defend and how to defend it, you weren't at the mercy of delay, or EA's AI handholding that bails out mistakes, you didn't get through 1v1 and then have the game pull you back, slow you down, force you to take 300 bad touches until that moment the shot can be blocked.

Played 15 last week as part of an 11v11 Pro Clubs competition (Servers are still up) and it was the most fun I've had on FIFA in years.

16 was meh, but 17 onwards is when the series really started to stink, every year the newest FIFA has taken the title of worst FIFA this gen and 21 will no doubt take the crown in 6 months.

I don't know how EA manage to go in the wrong direction every year with gameplay and still can't sort the delay out, its crazy.
  • No question about it mate, i made this account here now SPECIALLY to state my personal opinion about this. Fifa 18 was the last i bought and i am so happy about it. This specific ❤️❤️❤️❤️ is out there just to take the money and make this ❤️❤️❤️❤️ EA big. U get loads of games when u simply cannot score, u get tons of moments when u should be awarded a free kick or the other player to be awarded a yellow/red card and still nothing happens. Sometimes u take a pass, hits an opposing team’s player and they still call it offside. Also, alot of times ur player gets obstructed by the other team in the play up and there is almost fkin never a free kick. Fifa as it stands has no fkin resemblance to FOOTBALL. Just a lame ❤️❤️❤️❤️ game to take ur money each year with newer shittier versions. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME ANYMORE, or anything that ea sports has to offer, let this ❤️❤️❤️❤️ company die once and for all.
  • RexAnglo1066
    3894 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2020
    I remember 18 as being decent.

19 was not my favourite year and I quit early in the cycle.

This year is frustrating as it's great when it's working and awful when it's not.

I'd say it goes;

18 > 20 > 19

• Byrnzie28 wrote: »
    The game is a broken mess. This is undeniable, despite what a handful of EA fanboys have to say.

Is this wreck of a game the worst ever [top-tier franchise] made or is/are there another/others?

Searching through memory and i simply cannot find another similar game from any other company worst than this ❤️❤️❤️❤️. This obviously includes the ufc and those too. Same company, same fkin ❤️❤️❤️❤️. Played a guy with 5cm less reach than me and i could not have punched/kicked him. No surprise, he was hitting the living ❤️❤️❤️❤️ out of me. Fkin hooooooow?

Ohhh yea, EA ❤️❤️❤️❤️ SPORTS is the answer. Logic for them is probably equal to their care about their fanbase.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING THAT HAS EA SPORTS ON IT!!!
  • Emrah
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited May 2020
    I thought Fifa 18 was the worst in the series and deleted my nearly full prime icon team,then skipped 19.

But after i playing Fifa 20 (bought on sale 2 months ago) i think Fifa 18 was a masterpiece near Fifa 20.
  • RexAnglo1066
    3894 posts National Call-Up
    Emrah wrote: »
    I thought Fifa 18 was the worst in the series and deleted my nearly full prime icon team,then skipped 19.

But after i playing Fifa 20 (bought on sale 2 months ago) i think Fifa 18 was a masterpiece near Fifa 20.

18 did improve over time and the World Cup mode was, at least from memory, quite playable.
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    Emrah wrote: »

18 did improve over time and the World Cup mode was, at least from memory, quite playable.

The world cup mode was great, gameplay felt different. Ultimate Team was awful though, Fifa 18 is one of my most disliked Fifa games. I liked Fifa 19 up until they patched the timed finesse shots, then the game turned into cross spam. Fifa 20 was great at launch, but the fun got patched out of the game within a week or so. Fifa 20 has been an inconsistent mess that got progressively worse with each new patch/update.