Playstation 5

Pooter
4802 posts Big Money Move
The specification in full
  • CPU: 8x Zen 2 Cores at 3.5GHz (variable frequency)
  • GPU: 10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz (variable frequency)
  • GPU Architecture: Custom RDNA 2
  • Memory/Interface: 16GB GDDR6/256-bit
  • Memory Bandwidth: 448GB/s
  • Internal Storage: Custom 825GB SSD
  • IO Throughput: 5.5GB/s (Raw), Typical 8-9GB/s (Compressed)
  • Expandable Storage: NVMe SSD Slot
  • External Storage: USB HDD Support
  • Optical Drive: 4K UHD Blu-ray Drive

Just announced today the new controller called DualSense
3652085-49747503557_fa12f113db_h.jpg

Looks a bit bigger

Comments

  • Fab
    19471 posts World Class
    that thing look weird
  • RadioShaq
    15973 posts Moderator
    Is the ps going to be cheap? Right now PCs can’t compare for the price that it’s rumored to be which seems crazy. Maybe prices will fall by the time new consoles come out.
  • Pooter
    4802 posts Big Money Move
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Is the ps going to be cheap? Right now PCs can’t compare for the price that it’s rumored to be which seems crazy. Maybe prices will fall by the time new consoles come out.

    I reckon around £/$550 ish, maybe less/more
  • Pooter
    4802 posts Big Money Move
    Fab wrote: »
    that thing look weird

    I would have loved if the PS4 controller was bigger
  • Tornado31619
    21119 posts Club Captain
    Think I’ll switch over from Xbox for the exclusives, namely the Spider-Man and Last of Us sequels.
  • Azof
    17887 posts World Class
    Looks like a madkatz controller.

    The battery cant be worse in it than the dualshock 4
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    "DuelSense" sounds like a condom name, that looks hideous and cheap.
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    Seen this on reddit :D

    azhi5itiwir41.jpg
  • CharlieC
    7386 posts Big Money Move
    Save your money and use a potato to play FIFA.
  • Jboom98
    415 posts Sunday League Hero
    Retro_G wrote: »
    "DuelSense" sounds like a condom name, that looks hideous and cheap.
    LOL :D
    I wish the PS5 had backwards compatibility of all PlayStations where do I put it though it looks bigger than the PS4.
  • Jboom98
    415 posts Sunday League Hero
    PLAYSTATION 5 !!!! :smiley:
  • Jboom98
    415 posts Sunday League Hero
    69oaq9XKbm772Wwd4zRnbP-1680-80.png
  • Jboom98
    415 posts Sunday League Hero
    Best looking Games Console Ever B)
  • Jboom98
    415 posts Sunday League Hero
    [img][/img]marvel-spider-man-miles-morales.png?fit=2000%2C1000&strip=all

  • Carlos181
    4057 posts National Call-Up
    Not digging the Alienware/Router look. Would take one in all black though.
  • NucksNation
    1941 posts Play-Off Hero
    I feel bad for the console already that has to put up with fifa
  • RadioShaq
    15973 posts Moderator
    I really don’t get console and pc gaming going forward. Consoles just don’t make sense anymore. They are trying to merge the markets with all the game passes and cross platforms. The ps will be powerful and probably better than pc at the start of the generation and then fall behind. What is the benefit of going ps this generation?
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    I really don’t get console and pc gaming going forward. Consoles just don’t make sense anymore. They are trying to merge the markets with all the game passes and cross platforms. The ps will be powerful and probably better than pc at the start of the generation and then fall behind. What is the benefit of going ps this generation?

    Exclusives is the only real selling point of consoles now. I was going go get an Xbox for the next gen eye candy, but after thinking about it, a new PC is looking like the smarter option. You can play all the Xbox exclusive on PC anyway. Sony has so many development studio's, that you'll be missing out if you don't get a PS5. Phil Spencer's strategy leaves a lot to be desired.
Sign In or Register to comment.