PIM Lampard users?

Ulook92
23294 posts Club Captain
Honest opinions on him. I know @hoban95 said he is useless but want other opinions.

I was planning on taking him from. Swaps but now after hearing bad things about him, im. Wondering if base Gullit would be the wiser choice.

Comments

• ozcs_69
    4879 posts Big Money Move
    only get him if you are a die hard blues fan and want super frank
  • Ulook92
    23294 posts Club Captain
    ozcs_69 wrote: »
    only get him if you are a die hard blues fan and want super frank

I hate chelsea with a passion. But always admired Lampard.
  • Ulook92
    23294 posts Club Captain
    No on used him?
  • futureyears
    3235 posts National Call-Up
    I haven’t tried PIM Lampard, but Gullit is nothing special, especially not at this stage of the game
  • Legend Killer
    1929 posts Play-Off Hero
    He’s okay overall, I’ve used him for 2 weekend leagues now and although he is decent; he’s not good enough for the elite level.

Shooting and passing are very good but his mobility is hindering and makes it difficult to start fast attacks or get back as quick.

He’s definitely not useless but there are certainly better options out there than him, he just doesn’t suit the game mechanics that well.
  • hoban95
    70083 posts Icon
    Sod getting base Gullit.
  • Finesse_4days
    17883 posts World Class
    Wouldn't take either, the Pack, Overmars or Maldini are the best options around that range.
  • Ulook92
    23294 posts Club Captain
    Wouldn't take either, the Pack, Overmars or Maldini are the best options around that range.

Already took the pack. Got Hugo Sanchez. I have 1 token left. Assuming there will be another 11 in the next set. Assuming one of them will be fut champs which i wont do so that leaves 10? So i will have 11 tokens.
  • Ulook92
    23294 posts Club Captain
    He’s okay overall, I’ve used him for 2 weekend leagues now and although he is decent; he’s not good enough for the elite level.

Shooting and passing are very good but his mobility is hindering and makes it difficult to start fast attacks or get back as quick.

He’s definitely not useless but there are certainly better options out there than him, he just doesn’t suit the game mechanics that well.

Does a chem style not help at all?
  • Legend Killer
    1929 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ulook92 wrote: »

Does a chem style not help at all?

I currently have engine on him, still seems stiff when dribbling; he’s just not made for those meta mechanics so I adjust my style when he’s on the ball.

Positionally I use him as an attacking defensive midfielder, again not terrible but nothing amazing either unfortunately.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    27427 posts Player of the Year
    EA: ...To improve the accessibility and availability of ICONs throughout FUT 20.

@Ulook92 in April:

source.gif

• Ulook92
    23294 posts Club Captain
    EA: ...To improve the accessibility and availability of ICONs throughout FUT 20.

@Ulook92 in April:

source.gif
    :joy: they definitely goofed. But lets face it. For the past few years they have been doing everything they can to screw us over. Whether its icon SBCs, Untradeable rewards, terrible pack rewards or extortionate prices.
  • Finesse_4days
    17883 posts World Class

Already took the pack. Got Hugo Sanchez. I have 1 token left. Assuming there will be another 11 in the next set. Assuming one of them will be fut champs which i wont do so that leaves 10? So i will have 11 tokens.

There is 12 in each set +you could also get 1 or 2 more from this set you could potentially have up to 15 tokens, Maldini is 13 ,Overmars is 10 I think. Kaka is 15 but not rated highly and too much effort for what is worth I think, I took Laudrup for 9 tokens so I am in a similar position, leaning towards the pack.
  • ccooaattssyy
    19739 posts World Class
    He looks distinctly average to be honest.
  • Ulook92
    23294 posts Club Captain

There is 12 in each set +you could also get 1 or 2 more from this set you could potentially have up to 15 tokens, Maldini is 13 ,Overmars is 10 I think. Kaka is 15 but not rated highly and too much effort for what is worth I think, I took Laudrup for 9 tokens so I am in a similar position, leaning towards the pack.

I did all this set except 2 and have 1 spare. I refuse to do fut champs and cba to do the conmebol one.

Provided the next set had a fut champs one too, that 11. So thats 12 or 13 tokens if i do the conmebol challenge. And Maldidi looks bang average when i already have FB Luiz, FB Ogbonna, FB Boateng and RTTF Konate.
  • Ulook92
    23294 posts Club Captain
    Think i will just pick Fred from seasons and use him :lol: mayne juat get overmars to try.
  • o0OainavO0o
    2613 posts Fans' Favourite
    He’s excellent, really good at set pieces, he can score headers, long shots, great passing, pretty decent and strong at defending, has plenty of stamina. No skill moves or weak foot but he gets the job done.
  • VelvetThunder
    271 posts Sunday League Hero

How have you found Laudrup?
  • Ulook92
    23294 posts Club Captain
    F it. Despite most saying he is bad. Im gonna stick with my original plan and get him. If he is no good i will swap. Him with Fred.
  • He looks distinctly average to be honest.

yeah those shooting and passing stats are average for sure
  • Finesse_4days
    17883 posts World Class

How have you found Laudrup?
    Good without being amazing, I used him at Cam, LM and striker he works best as a wide cam or LM I found. I have benched him now as I have a Brazil team, but overall he was pretty good. His passing is amazing, pace is solid without being rapid and has good finesse shots but inconsistent power shots.
  • Halfhand2
    634 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Been using him as cam with Pim Zola and pim drogba.
    He plays pretty well there, catches the opposition out with a cheeky tackle up top loads, holding R2 with him works well too, create space against two cdms.

Ps not even a Chelsea fan.
  • El_Nino
    10419 posts Has That Special Something
    It’s all relative to your team, for me he’s sublime, but that’s because my teams worth under a mill. CM/CAM in a 41212(2) he’s great, he isn’t fast, but neither is he slow, his shooting/passing is better than anything I’ve used, and his aggressiveness/ball winning has been a massive surprise, seems a great tackler for whatever reason.

I struggle to see how anyone could say he’s trash. He might not be the top range elite/Meta level but he’s clearly a good card.

I tend to be gold 1 for reference, so he’s up against god squads regularly.
  • BrentfordFC
    13514 posts Has That Special Something
    edited April 2020
    I liked the look of him. But maldini cannot be ignored.
  • Ulook92
    23294 posts Club Captain

Well i got mid Vieira from the SBC last night so Lamps is off the table. Im going for Maldini to replace RTTF Konate.
  • BrentfordFC

Well i got mid Vieira from the SBC last night so Lamps is off the table. Im going for Maldini to replace RTTF Konate.

I got prime vieria from the prime pack :lol:

Like a fool I thought he’d be a cdm. But he’s not. Was so close to discarding him after 3 matches. Switched him to cm and he was decent :lol:

Yeah maldini is replacing konate for me. Shame really. He’s been decent for me. Just need to upgrade Ferdinand now
  • Ulook92
    23294 posts Club Captain

Like a fool I thought he’d be a cdm. But he’s not. Was so close to discarding him after 3 matches. Switched him to cm and he was decent :lol:

Yeah maldini is replacing konate for me. Shame really. He’s been decent for me. Just need to upgrade Ferdinand now

Baby Rio? Id replace maldini with him. Konate has been fantastic for me. Rio got chucked into an SBC months ago. He was awful. Always giving stupid fouls away.
  • Muzza11
    17035 posts World Class
    Icon pack or nothing.
  • Ulook92
    23294 posts Club Captain
    Muzza11 wrote: »
    Icon pack or nothing.

Already did that. Hugo Sanchez. He is Aite. Can be inconsistant.
  • BrentfordFC

Baby Rio? Id replace maldini with him. Konate has been fantastic for me. Rio got chucked into an SBC months ago. He was awful. Always giving stupid fouls away.

Replacing him with moments blanc mert.