Has tackling ever been so pointless?

A5B
3723 posts National Call-Up
I’d say I currently win about 20% of my tackles in current gameplay.

Comments

• cdbuck26
    3923 posts National Call-Up
    I make the tackles but the ball falls back to them right away
  • A5B
    cdbuck26 wrote: »

Exactly. Or my center back with infinitely more strength is flung to the ground after making a challenge. But Mertens/Ben Yedder stand tall and walk through to goal! :)
  • Tylercftla
    588 posts An Exciting Prospect
    A5B wrote: »

Exactly. Or my center back with infinitely more strength is flung to the ground after making a challenge. But Mertens/Ben Yedder stand tall and walk through to goal! :)

Had this happen to both HL Varane and 94 Ramos today. Underwhelming to have a bronze striker do this. Code is just a little messed
  • rmoxon
    3913 posts National Call-Up
    Yep.

No matter how good you are at defending the ball will just bounce back to the other team, and if you do get lucky and retain the ball after a tackle then half the time your CB will just fall over or do something equally stupid.
  • A5B
    Tylercftla wrote: »

Had this happen to both HL Varane and 94 Ramos today. Underwhelming to have a bronze striker do this. Code is just a little messed
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Yep.

No matter how good you are at defending the ball will just bounce back to the other team, and if you do get lucky and retain the ball after a tackle then half the time your CB will just fall over or do something equally stupid.

Guess it’s comforting to know that I’m not alone here, although it’s a shame it’s happening at all.

Still don’t understand what has caused it to be this bad though.
  • ChappellRovers
    3408 posts National Call-Up
    Its a very realistic tackling system. In real life world class centre backs usually either shoulder barge their opponents (foul and yellow), obstruct their opponents by body checking them (foul and yellow) or do a wild two footed challenge from in front (red) or behind (red). The game is incredibly realistic 🙄🙄🙄.
  • Pnub
    1085 posts Professional
    The games totally broken on both defense and tackling as a whole. Little weak ❤️❤️❤️❤️ are out jumping, out tackling and out muscling cb's winning every 50-50. Players are just using strikers at CM and CDM and they are preforming better than actual CDM's tracking runs even though they have bad workrates, winning tackles cleaning with like 30 stand tackle
  • abhreebhu_45
    14635 posts World Class

👆 is happening a lot lately
  • ChappellRovers
    3408 posts National Call-Up
    Ishibum wrote: »
    I pressed the tackle button in a game last Sunday. Still waiting on that registering...

🤣🤣🤣
  • OZero
    7609 posts League Winner
    Its pointless since 19.
  • mway
    2186 posts Fans' Favourite
    Everything is pointless in this game.
  • Unemesis
    88 posts Park Captain
    edited April 2020
    It's weird how the ai in squad battles makes a tackle and most of the times your player loses balance, you lose control of that player for seconds making it difficult to react and recover the ball, and the ball either, will stick to the ai player or bounce away from any of your players. In other words, tackles work fine for the ai.

But, how come the same is not reproduced at the same level for our players.
    Post edited by Unemesis on
  • Bags
    2045 posts Fans' Favourite
    Of all the promises for fifa 20, this is the biggest fail imo. The meta is just as much to let the computer do the tackling while you run around with your CMDs as it was last year.

And with playing deep and narrow it makes it even easier. It suggests to me that EA really don't know how to code it any better since they clearly said at the start this was something they wanted to improve.
  • FijiBoy
    1321 posts Professional
    I've played games where Kent or James have gone without losing possession for almost 3 tackles, even sliding tackles don't work at times. My players tackles, wins the ball but trips over the fallen player. Hilarious
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    I'd be happy if they just made it so a 5ft petite player doesn't walk into the back of a 6ft big bodied player shielding the ball and somehow comes away with the ball.
  • A5B
    I'd be happy if they just made it so a 5ft petite player doesn't walk into the back of a 6ft big bodied player shielding the ball and somehow comes away with the ball.

This too. When I win the ball facing my own goal I just know the attacker will morph through my defender and nick the ball away.
  • TDOF
    8998 posts League Winner
    don't press the tackle button.....

just ram into the players.. works much better
  • JPRM71
    3713 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2020
    But don’t forget this was a new and ‘improved’ tackling system especially demonstrated and advertised to make you buy the game with confidence. Trading standards would have a field day if anyone with the right know how filed a case.
  • TDOF
    8998 posts League Winner
    JPRM71 wrote: »
    But don’t forget this was a new and ‘improved’ tackling system especially demonstrated and advertised to make you buy the game with confidence. Trading standards would have a field day if anyone with the right know how filed a case.

they had an animation in the beta when you tackle a player your player would (don't know how to explain it exactly) but he'd sort of glide/slide with the ball stuck to his foot... it was amazing....

i didn't see anyone complain about it on the beta forums, but they removed that animation completely from the game when it came out
  • JPRM71
    3713 posts National Call-Up
    TDOF wrote: »
    JPRM71 wrote: »

they had an animation in the beta when you tackle a player your player would (don't know how to explain it exactly) but he'd sort of glide/slide with the ball stuck to his foot... it was amazing....

i didn't see anyone complain about it on the beta forums, but they removed that animation completely from the game when it came out

Yeah I remember it, it was very solid and we all enjoyed it, that’s why it got removed, any area of joy gets withdrawn from Gameplay through to Icon SBCs
  • Finesse_4days
    17845 posts World Class
    I find defenders like Prime Blanc and my base Rio win 80% of tackles TBH, with crappy defenders its harder but with top end tacklers or players with op animations or massive height it is not that hard to tackle properly, not perfect by any means but the majority of the time I have no problem tackling. Hardest thing is stopping cut back goals with the AI standing in the 6 yard box like mongloids.
  • PiotrLolo
    3438 posts National Call-Up
    Screenshot-20200402-090714.jpg

:D:D

What has happened to this "improvement" @EA_Roger?

I was searching for this pic, thx.
  • TNeves95
    1217 posts Professional
    Well, you could do what my opponents usually do against me. As soon as the ball gets to my striker, they control their CB and then go on to spam the tackle button at my striker's back and a foul is never called lol
  • BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner
    Tackling is pointless. Always manually tackle, opponents AI defend. Yet I'm always the one losing out.

Can tackle a striker, he'll still have ball, tackle him again, my player is the one stumbling. It's very sad how poor this game is coded.
  • A5B
    Tackling is pointless. Always manually tackle, opponents AI defend. Yet I'm always the one losing out.

Can tackle a striker, he'll still have ball, tackle him again, my player is the one stumbling. It's very sad how poor this game is coded.

Exactly what I find is happening.
  • TheTataGuy
    3888 posts National Call-Up
    It's clearly an engine thing. The frostbite enginte sucks so much, even the developers can't fix it. Hopefully we get a new engine next gen, of they continue with this frostbite engine, we'll have the same BS with upgraded graphics
  • Queens11
    3090 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2020

I would also like to know what happened to this all new feature seems manual tackles has been completely broke from the start and yet again complaints fall on deaf ears from the criminal ❤️❤️❤️❤️ who run this company
  • InformCollector
    1851 posts Fans' Favourite
    PiotrLolo wrote: »

I was searching for this pic, thx.

Exactly