Any point buying FIFA 20 now?

Murphdogz
1554 posts Play-Off Hero
Said I would stay away from FIFA this year as last year was so bad.
But with lockdown and boredom thinking about purchasing.

The standard version on PS store is £60.
Does it come with any packs?
Also will there be any point as everyone's teams will be top notch?thanks

Comments

• The_Reptilian
    141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    No, absolutely not.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class
    No, absolutely not.

• TDOF
    8997 posts League Winner
    No, absolutely not.

• RadioShaq
    19683 posts Moderator
    You can still enjoy it with a starter team. With matchmaking by skill points you will level out eventually. Obviously the climb will be harder than if you started at the beginning of the year though.
  • Boysie91
    14872 posts World Class
    Definitely wouldn't pay £60 more like £20
  • TDOF
    8997 posts League Winner
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    You can still enjoy it with a starter team. With matchmaking by skill points you will level out eventually. Obviously the climb will be harder than if you started at the beginning of the year though.

Yes mate you'll level out with all the people who self relagated themselves from div 1 to div 10 😂
  • TDOF
    8997 posts League Winner
    Boysie91 wrote: »

£20 still seems like a rip off for a game that isn't fit for purpose (unless you're playing offline)
  • CeeQue
    14779 posts Has That Special Something
    I would rather buy Calls on Robinhood.
  • Murphdogz
    1554 posts Play-Off Hero
    Think I'll leave it then.
    £60 is alot but didn't want to go buy it used.
  • DannySTFC
    9240 posts League Winner
    Not for that price, no.

If you can pick it up for 20-25 quid online or something and get it delivered amongst everything that’s going on then yeah. Play with players you enjoy and tactics you enjoy and you’ll have fun, plenty of objectives around to pick up players which will improve your team real quickly.
  • The_Reptilian
    141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    £20 is still expensive for this game. There is far better options elsewhere.
  • Murphdogz
    1554 posts Play-Off Hero
    Didn't buy this year's after having maybe the last 12 FIFA's because last year always finished gold 3 even with millions worth of team with 1 win needed and 10 matches left and would lose clearly to players I was better than.
    I would hit post 10 times I would dominate the whole match keeper making saves that isn't possible.
    And would lose to a 1 shot on target game.or a offside goal.

Every weekend went the same
    I new somthing was up save gave up
  • graff26lfc
    894 posts Professional
    Don't even think about it bud
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class
    Murphdogz wrote: »
    Didn't buy this year's after having maybe the last 12 FIFA's because last year always finished gold 3 even with millions worth of team with 1 win needed and 10 matches left and would lose clearly to players I was better than.
    I would hit post 10 times I would dominate the whole match keeper making saves that isn't possible.
    And would lose to a 1 shot on target game.or a offside goal.

Every weekend went the same
    I new somthing was up save gave up

All I can say is if you thought last year was bad then you haven't seen anything yet.

Servers are in the worst state they've ever been in and the delay is shocking. That's the one thing that's been consistent this year.

Crossing is useless but if you do manage to score a header from a cross the game now crashes and you get a loss.

I could go on all day with the issues with this game but yeah stay well clear. EA should be paying you £60 to play their game nevermind you paying them.
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    Just download the free version of PES 2020, you can have a stacked team on that fast, without spending money.
  • Raymondo123
    1680 posts Play-Off Hero
    The same people telling you not too buy are the same people who got it on day one and play it everyday. If you love football then I say why not, imo it the best football game out there and nothing comes close.
  • Ballist1x
    3904 posts National Call-Up
    The same people telling you not too buy are the same people who got it on day one and play it everyday. If you love football then I say why not, imo it the best football game out there and nothing comes close.

60 quid though?

Buy it used and spend the rest on something else imo ..
  • Funkcrush
    224 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 2020
    Stay away from it, it's not about whether you can get decent team or not, the game is simply broken and they do nothing to fix it. Save yourself some nerves.
  • Murphdogz
    1554 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hard to buy used with lockdown.
    Not worth risking mine or other people's lives to save £20.

I'll just give it a miss.just wait until ea learn how to make a fully functional game and stop helping the weaker opponents
  • Raymondo123
    1680 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ballist1x wrote: »

60 quid though?

Probably not to some people, somethings are worth more to certain people than others.

For me personally at this stage depending how much you play it it could be well worth the £60 especially with staying indoors most days.

Heck im paying crazy prices everyday buying films on my PS4 because the shops are closed.
  • aladdin
    3186 posts National Call-Up
    Boysie91 wrote: »

yeah this is it for me. no way is it worth £60
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class
    Ballist1x wrote: »

60 quid though?

Probably not to some people, somethings are worth more to certain people than others.

For me personally at this stage depending how much you play it it could be well worth the £60 especially with staying indoors most days.

Heck im paying crazy prices everyday buying films on my PS4 because the shops are closed.

No matter what way you look at it this game isn't worth £60 with the state it's in. You seem to be the only person that thinks it's worth it.
  • Kerrlos
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited March 2020
    Maybe wait a bit because I’m sure it will be free on EA access soon.

In previous years on Xbox they add the game free on EA access around April? I know that doesn’t help you right now but could save you £60.
  • Ishibum
    15305 posts World Class
    Fake shots don't even register for me so no way I could recommend this game at any price. The lag is just awful and will not get fixed.
  • SebastienEngelhart
    590 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Said I would stay away from FIFA this year as last year was so bad.
    But with lockdown and boredom thinking about purchasing.

The standard version on PS store is £60.
    Does it come with any packs?
    Also will there be any point as everyone's teams will be top notch?thanks

Wasn't any point buying it 6 months ago
  • ErikTheBlue
    120 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 2020
    Absolutely 100% NO. Do something equally as pointless such as shouting at some stuffed teddy bears, the response will be much the same as "playing" this game and you'll have saved yourself 60 quid

Or get a dog, that wont do what you tell it to either but least you'll have fun
    Post edited by ErikTheBlue on
  • Drizzt
    509 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I wouldn't mate.

Last year I was a div 5 (sometimes 4) player, had 3 icon sbc done and managed to pick up Baby Eusabio for a mil and even though the game wasn't the best, I still thought it was okay and had fun (sometimes).

20 is the worst I've played especially with people deliberately getting relegated so they can do the Rewards easier. I cannot get out of div 9 and the game hasn't been fun for ages. Gameplay is terrible, and the servers...

Packs are the worst they've ever been and its so disheartening to put time and effort into a game and get nothing worth while.

Since they removed the icon sbcs, icon prices for decent ones are way too expensive and alot of sbcs have little thought put into them with most been rediculous costs (83 squad for a potential 84-81).

In short, save your money.
  • Dave2791
    1455 posts Play-Off Hero
    TDOF wrote: »
    RadioShaq wrote: »

Yes mate you'll level out with all the people who self relagated themselves from div 1 to div 10 😂

@TDOF
    He works for EA. Lol
  • Anarki301
    358 posts Sunday League Hero
    Omg, it's 60 pounds, it was 20-ish more time than not since release, right now it's 60?

Anyway, no point now, or before, or whenever...
  • Yoesi
    721 posts Semi-Pro
    Think I'll leave it then.
    £60 is alot but didn't want to go buy it used.

Your mental if you buy this game bro. And dont listen to the moderators, they are biased and shouldnt be allowed to give their opinion on this matter. Shame on you.