Does crossing break your game?

Comments

• Jeremy295
    692 posts Semi-Pro
    Yup I've had it a couple of times this week. And only with headed crosses. Low crosses and volleys are still ok
  • d3b4s1s
    641 posts An Exciting Prospect
    No! I did cross/volley multiple times for Paqueta. The disconnect is completely random, which EA is denying and asking users to contact ISP.
  • WS100889
    376 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited March 2020
    I had this today , i was doing a objective and crossed the ball into the cpu's penalty box , soon as i headed it in ,i got the another error message ( Just like from other games i have played) which kicked me out of the game completely. That is the first ever time i have had that happen to me while playing Fifa.
  • Ianonabeach2
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    JED_JD wrote: »
    Is this for real?? Lucky for me crossing is sooo bad I don't do it 😂 I use driven passes

I think even driven crosses are doing it as well, any action with the square button and first time shot.

I'm deliberately avoiding crossing

I’m deliberately encouraging crossing when I’m winning 😂😂😂

• JED_JD
    1814 posts Fans' Favourite
    d3b4s1s wrote: »
    No! I did cross/volley multiple times for Paqueta. The disconnect is completely random, which EA is denying and asking users to contact ISP.

So EA.. you're saying it's person based? How are so many people having this issue if it's on an individual basis?

Are there any Mods that can weigh in and help us out make contact with the great gods at EA?
  • n2j2000
    2503 posts Fans' Favourite
    Is this for real?? Lucky for me crossing is sooo bad I don't do it 😂 I use driven passes

I think even driven crosses are doing it as well, any action with the square button and first time shot.

I'm deliberately avoiding crossing

I’m deliberately encouraging crossing when I’m winning 😂😂😂

:joy: Your game is broken EA sports!
  • Barresh
    6000 posts Big Money Move
    Is it still happening? I want to complete the Paqueta objective
  • BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner
    Happened to me via powered low cross but didn't happen when I did normal cross into volley..

Very confused atm
  • xHades
    15236 posts World Class
    n2j2000 wrote: »
    If I’m losing in champs I start pulling my keeper out to bait him in to crossing and hopefully scoring lmao :joy::joy:

So that's why people were doing that. I scored a lot of chip shots yesterday.
  • Orison
    77046 posts Icon
    It's not due to the cross.

It's due to the AI taking the shot and scoring before you can do so. Last year that was quite prominent, this year they took it out completely, but it seems as if they messed up and brought it back in with the latest patch only that the game can't deal with it this year and just crashes.

It can also happen on rebounds from close range as these were prime examples of the AI just scoring the tap in automatically before you could.

If you cross and manage to score the goal yourself then nothing happens, only when the AI takes over for some reason (especially when 2 of your players can be the target of the cross and it only switches you to the right guy at the last second) then you are screwed.
  • Orison
    77046 posts Icon
    Orison wrote: »

It's due to the AI taking the shot and scoring before you can do so. Last year that was quite prominent, this year they took it out completely, but it seems as if they messed up and brought it back in with the latest patch only that the game can't deal with it this year and just crashes.

It can also happen on rebounds from close range as these were prime examples of the AI just scoring the tap in automatically before you could.

If you cross and manage to score the goal yourself then nothing happens, only when the AI takes over for some reason (especially when 2 of your players can be the target of the cross and it only switches you to the right guy at the last second) then you are screwed.

Oh yeah forgot to @ @EA_Roger so that he can pass it on.
  • Doaves
    144 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yep, happened to me last week on WL, and now trying to do objectives happened again.
    Score from a cross, game freezes for a second then goes to blue screen
  • pudgyfudgy
    6185 posts Big Money Move
    Orison wrote: »

This makes sense. I’ve scored several goals from crosses already, but only one led to the game crashing.
  • iWiggle
    581 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Happend to me
  • Dave2791
    1455 posts Play-Off Hero
    #Metoo
  • n2j2000
    Any updates on a fix for this ridiculous issue EA sports?
  • AlexBear012
    3411 posts National Call-Up
    Not happening with me in SB

Online only?

PS4
  • Dave2791
    1455 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lol. No reply yet. But Twitter is full of complaints about this
  • invictus1
    260 posts Sunday League Hero
    EA rage quitting before you score
  • Fatmanc
    1353 posts Professional
    Its literally just stopped me getting gold 2 with my last game, I was winning 5-1 aswell when I crossed in the 89th min and it booted me out and gave me the DNF loss
  • JED_JD
    So @EA_Roger any update on this please? Just a hello we are aware will do, even just a go ♥️♥️♥️♥️ yourself would be nice, at least we know you have acknowledged and passed this on. Seems a lot of people having this issue
  • n2j2000
    So @EA_Roger any update on this please? Just a hello we are aware will do, even just a go ♥️♥️♥️♥️ yourself would be nice, at least we know you have acknowledged and passed this on. Seems a lot of people having this issue

• Jonx88
    1002 posts Professional
    This game is a complete joke
  • Jobiwan
    3836 posts National Call-Up

Don't think they come in here on weekends. Will probably be in to answer tomorrow...
  • ManC2020
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Happened to me 4 separate games with low driven cross, lobbed cross, and corner kicks x2 crosses. I shant log in to play this any longer until it's fixed.
  • rikstar
    639 posts Semi-Pro
    Is this glitch still happening? Was hoping to complete the bellarabi objective with scoring from crosses!
  • Moe_86
    1733 posts Play-Off Hero
    Didn’t happen to me (PS4) , but the object not registering
  • PaulDr
    4265 posts National Call-Up
    Completed the Bellerabi objectives tonight, no crashes thank god.
  • JED_JD
    Is this still happening chaps? @EA_Roger care to help thanks :)
  • JED_JD
    Yep still happening, just happened to this guy I played against, unlucky dude