Does crossing break your game?

JED_JD
1814 posts Fans' Favourite
Has anyone had this happen to them? Seen a few bits on Twitter regarding this, that when you cross the ball and score your game freezes and disconnects you. Any devs available to comment?

Comments

• TimJ147
    56 posts Park Captain
    I had this earlier today in champs and in the week in SB's
  • WelshXavi
    1204 posts Professional
    JED_JD wrote: »
    Has anyone had this happen to them? Seen a few bits on Twitter regarding this, that when you cross the ball and score your game freezes and disconnects you. Any devs available to comment?

Yeah I had this. I was scoring a header from a corner and it disconnected just before crossing line as same way I've seen on twitter!
  • JED_JD
    I've scored and had some scored against me and this hasn't happened. Seems it's random
  • n2j2000
    2503 posts Fans' Favourite
    If you score or concede from any type of cross (has to be cross using square) then the game crashes lmao. Shut this thing down EA sports!!
  • johnjoe
    239 posts Sunday League Hero
    WelshXavi wrote: »

Yeah I had this. I was scoring a header from a corner and it disconnected just before crossing line as same way I've seen on twitter!

Same thing for me ramos scored from a corner to make it 5-1 in the 87th minute, the second it crossed the line the blue screen come up
  • TeamMushroom
    58 posts Park Captain
    Exact same thing happened to me a few times trying to do Politano upgrade objective!

Can’t do the objective if the game keeps crashing every time you compete a part EA 😂
  • what3v3r
    1157 posts Professional
    Probably a dev changed something in the stats calculation for headers and messed with a variable or an array. I honestly can't think of other reason a header goal would break a football game.
  • Actually quite funny when you think of the question..... Crossing doesn't break the game. The game has always been broken lol
  • Iron_works
    116 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Same thing happened to me 2-1 up in fit champs.scored a header to go 3-1 up and the game went off.literally sat there laughing at how bad it is
  • Rsscllghn
    453 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yep, had one as well. Also scored another where it didn't happen so not sure why .
  • BlackFridayRule
    1598 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yeah.. Just had this happen to me... Butra headed in 3-0 and bam! Got disconnected and a loss. Classic EA.
  • KKTHX
    1651 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yep
  • AHL
    476 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Same, in squad battles. Crossed to the striker and as soon as the ball crossed the line the game crashed.
  • Ac351
    122 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have also had this happen in rivals, cost me a win on my quest for icon swaps
  • JED_JD
    I haven't seen a popular thread on this, EA claim this is our main method of communication with their devs. So can we get enough discussion in this to make a difference?

Everyone tag an EA Dev and hope someone notices

@EA_Andy
  • Bevlarrrr
    1242 posts Professional
    Happened to me twice in the WL. One of them I was 3-0 up the next was 1-0 up. Cost me 2 games. They’ll happily take people’s money with these non stop promo’s but won’t sort out the real problems
  • RealHammer
    631 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Guys, all of you having the problem, do you also get kicked from the game when you open packs?
  • JED_JD
    RealHammer wrote: »
    Guys, all of you having the problem, do you also get kicked from the game when you open packs?

I have heard this is an issue as well. Any response @EA_Andy @EA_Rtas @EA_Lanna @EA_DarDar @EA_Cian ??
  • RealHammer
    631 posts An Exciting Prospect

I have heard this is an issue as well. Any response @EA_Andy @EA_Rtas @EA_Lanna @EA_DarDar @EA_Cian ??

Yeah every 5 packs for me. Also can't buy players of the market or I get kicked.
  • NRL
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    WelshXavi wrote: »

Aye, happed to me couple of days ago...ball just about to cross line from a header game crashed blue screen with that error c something numbers.
  • NRL

No , only been kicked out with the cross to goal error
  • lewspaz
    1572 posts Play-Off Hero
    Not really relevant to this but today a few times after a goal my tonali went from long hair to completely bald...
  • NRL
    Problem probably not highlighted too much as headed goals are as rare as hens teeth.
  • Jobiwan
    3836 posts National Call-Up

EA Andy left, EA Roger is running the show. @EA_Roger
  • Ianonabeach2
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I was just 7-1 down in Champs, 87th minute, he scored a cross for 8-1 and it Rico’s 😂😂😂😂

I didn’t take a loss 🤔
  • Ianonabeach2
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Scored from 2 corner kicks without being disco’d though
  • n2j2000
    2503 posts Fans' Favourite
    If I’m losing in champs I start pulling my keeper out to bait him in to crossing and hopefully scoring lmao :joy::joy:
  • number7rocky
    9151 posts League Winner
    Is this for real?? Lucky for me crossing is sooo bad I don't do it 😂 I use driven passes
  • JED_JD
    I've scored and conceded some crosses and it hasn't happened but seeing a lot of traction saying it is

Still radio silence from EA? They have tweeted about a PC origin issue but not this, come on EA this is our main stream of communication with you that your advisors tell us to post on, so the least you could do @EA_Roger is give us a yep we know it's an issue bare with
  • JED_JD
    Is this for real?? Lucky for me crossing is sooo bad I don't do it 😂 I use driven passes

I think even driven crosses are doing it as well, any action with the square button and first time shot.

I'm deliberately avoiding crossing