I'll just leave this here...

Zalisis
580 posts An Exciting Prospect
Has a mainstream Triple A game ever had such bad feedback before?

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/fifa-20/user-reviews

This isn't just a couple of people, over 2000 people have rated it, and the average score is 1.1 😂

Comments

  • SuperKMx
    2582 posts Fans' Favourite
    And I'll bet at least 1,998 of them had just lost a match or packed a goalkeeper from the mid icon SBC. Maybe 0.1% of them will have any form of valid feedback.

    2nd review of the lot:- "Well i'll tell you not to listen to these 5 star comments. They're shills paid to promote and defend the game"

    Oh aye. "Anybody who has a different opinion to me works for EA." Seems like a great person to be giving opinions.
  • Zalisis
    580 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Oh definitely, a lot of people rating it are barely qualified to give an opinion. And review aggregators bring out people with an axe to grind.

    But by your logic, everybody that has been disconnected from servers, or trolled online and hogtied on Red Dead Redemption 2 would surely have given them a 1 rating. Yet 2 years and over 10000 user reviews later, they still have a great score over 8.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    And I'll bet at least 1,998 of them had just lost a match or packed a goalkeeper from the mid icon SBC. Maybe 0.1% of them will have any form of valid feedback.

    2nd review of the lot:- "Well i'll tell you not to listen to these 5 star comments. They're shills paid to promote and defend the game"

    Oh aye. "Anybody who has a different opinion to me works for EA." Seems like a great person to be giving opinions.

    Or maybe they just turned the game on and tried to play a match.

    A 1.1 rating feels very generous for this game anyway.
  • BiigDee
    4687 posts Big Money Move
    Can’t give something a rating that no longer works.
  • Dave2791
    1381 posts Professional
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    And I'll bet at least 1,998 of them had just lost a match or packed a goalkeeper from the mid icon SBC. Maybe 0.1% of them will have any form of valid feedback.

    2nd review of the lot:- "Well i'll tell you not to listen to these 5 star comments. They're shills paid to promote and defend the game"

    Oh aye. "Anybody who has a different opinion to me works for EA." Seems like a great person to be giving opinions.

    Or maybe they just turned the game on and tried to play a match.

    A 1.1 rating feels very generous for this game anyway.

    Or maybe they tried to pass the ball and it ended up in the opponent for the 9999999 time....

    Or maybe they got kicked out of a WL game they were winning and got the loss....

    Or maybe they got tired of hearing that connectivity issues are their fault.....

    I dare people to not name any more reasons
  • SuperKMx
    2582 posts Fans' Favourite
    Zalisis wrote: »
    Oh definitely, a lot of people rating it are barely qualified to give an opinion. And review aggregators bring out people with an axe to grind.

    But by your logic, everybody that has been disconnected from servers, or trolled online and hogtied on Red Dead Redemption 2 would surely have given them a 1 rating. Yet 2 years and over 10000 user reviews later, they still have a great score over 8.

    Not really, given that with RDR2 they would have had 40-60 (maybe 100) hours of single-player action to enjoy before they even got to the point of dealing with any of those issues. People who don't like the way FIFA plays online aren't going to be doling out 8s and 9s after playing 40 squad battles matches, and THEN finding that they don't like it when they play their first WL.

    Not only that, but the RDR2 reviewers are far more likely to be people who own more than one game. If it doesn't light their world on fire, they give it a 5 or 6 and move on to another game like a rational adult. With FIFA, there's a good chance that a very large percentage of the FIFA reviewers are massively upset that the only game they ever play isn't the greatest thing that's ever been created.

    Plus, the FIFA reviewers are far more likely to be 12.
  • Azof
    18184 posts World Class
    And I'm sure they continue to play the game week in week out like those that cry 24/7 on here.
  • MHoney1234
    10339 posts Has That Special Something
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    And I'll bet at least 1,998 of them had just lost a match or packed a goalkeeper from the mid icon SBC. Maybe 0.1% of them will have any form of valid feedback.

    2nd review of the lot:- "Well i'll tell you not to listen to these 5 star comments. They're shills paid to promote and defend the game"

    Oh aye. "Anybody who has a different opinion to me works for EA." Seems like a great person to be giving opinions.

    Or maybe they just turned the game on and tried to play a match.

    A 1.1 rating feels very generous for this game anyway.

  • BeastlyHusla
    5983 posts Big Money Move
    Azof wrote: »
    And I'm sure they continue to play the game week in week out like those that cry 24/7 on here.

    And I'm sure you complain about the complainers week in week out 24/7.
Sign In or Register to comment.