Any news if or when 451 is getting fixed?

BombSquadPuppy
2297 posts Fans' Favourite
So i decided to play 451 with attacking fullbacks to easily crowd a parked box.

The defense line looks great being the 2CB keeping their line and both full backs bombing up the pitch as second wingers... but why do my cams switch with the main wingers?

Even when i have my wingers to stay wide they constantly switch places with the cams 🤔

Comments

• SortIToutEA
    432 posts An Exciting Prospect
    You must have them set to free role so when one gets dragged from the right spot a different team player will fill in.
  • Homer
    110 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The 451(2) has a similar issue with the wingers tucking in and it’s like 5 cm’s crammed into the middle.

I’ve tried all different instructions, still happens.
  • BombSquadPuppy
    Im starting to think its the restrictions they tinkered with for the drop backs users 🤨

Didnt they post a patch a few months ago limiting how many players can be in the mid and defending lines? When the full backs are moving forward it technically makes it play like a 271 🧐
  • CustardHippo
    3278 posts National Call-Up
    I notice this but it’s only my right side. The RM and RCAM always swap places. Instructions are identical to my left side so it’s not that causing it. Stopped using 451 as a result as it meant I had a tiny winger attacking as a second striker in the box rather than my actual designated player who was instead on the wing all the time
  • Delboy13710
    10195 posts Has That Special Something
    It’s bugged same with 3142 , the wingers regularly swap with the CM . Unfortunately no CT will help ( tried everything ) only thing you can do is get fast CAMs so they can play our wide when they switch
  • Theomanny
    2719 posts National Call-Up
    We have been complaining since patch 5 in fifa 19. I got 22 wins in fifa 19 with 451 until one patch completely destroyed it where the cam and wingers were swapping roles in game.
  • rezyy
    823 posts Semi-Pro
    If u have any players set to get in behind they will always attempt to switch sides with other players an example is 2 strikers both set to get in behind, at times the left striker will switch with the right and vice versa so left striker will end up on right at times and right striker will end up on the left at times,
    It’s the same with wingers sometimes to get in behind that may need to cut in side to stay on side to make a better run to receive a pass.
  • BombSquadPuppy
    rezyy wrote: »
    If u have any players set to get in behind they will always attempt to switch sides with other players an example is 2 strikers both set to get in behind, at times the left striker will switch with the right and vice versa so left striker will end up on right at times and right striker will end up on the left at times,
    It’s the same with wingers sometimes to get in behind that may need to cut in side to stay on side to make a better run to receive a pass.

This would make sense, but they even switch when everything is on default as well 😞
  • Berlus
    1741 posts Play-Off Hero
    Try to use huge the sideline ingame instruction...
  • rezyy
    823 posts Semi-Pro

This would make sense, but they even switch when everything is on default as well 😞

That’s because on default they are set to perform all set positions tactics they just won’t do it as much
  • BombSquadPuppy

That’s because on default they are set to perform all set positions tactics they just won’t do it as much

Which again, this would make sense if it was an occasional occurrence, but its not...

The moment the game starts the cams swap with the wingers and stay there until they get swapped ingame (as in pause the game and swap the wingers to cam spot so they can actually play on the wing). This shouldnt be how this formation is played considering the wingers should play on the wing, just as every other formation. 🧐