The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Anyone using 424?

FijiBoy
1082 posts Professional
Tried this formation against 4231 drop back. Having 4 upfront is really useful in creating space and counters. Just finding that there is too much gap in the midfield. Any tactics or instructions that has helped others to use this formation and defend as well.

Comments

• Give one striker the False 9 instruction, mainly the one with the higher passing and set the other striker to stay forward. It was Griezmann for me, but its now Litmanen Moments.
    Also one Midfielder with the instruction to go forward when attacking. Modric Futmas for me.
  • FijiBoy
    1082 posts Professional
    Strickus wrote: »
    Give one striker the False 9 instruction, mainly the one with the higher passing and set the other striker to stay forward. It was Griezmann for me, but its now Litmanen Moments.
    Also one Midfielder with the instruction to go forward when attacking. Modric Futmas for me.

Sweet. I'm using FS Greenwood and Also FS Mount upfront. Will try having Mount on false 9.
  • razor_ro
    493 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Great formation - I’m using it also, you need 2 st’s that balance themselves out (target man vs a pacey striker)
  • Chavez76
    4394 posts National Call-Up
    Isnt it really easy countered if you loose the ball? playing a 4321 now, but I already feel exposed at the back without having CDM('s)
  • FijiBoy
    1082 posts Professional
    Chavez76 wrote: »
    Isnt it really easy countered if you loose the ball? playing a 4321 now, but I already feel exposed at the back without having CDM('s)

Only using against 4231 and some narrow formations. Have fullbacks on stay back and balanced. Most defensive CM(Kante) to drop in between. Following false 9 and that makes 3 midfielders. Let's see how it works out in WL
  • Reezy1807
    133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    FijiBoy wrote: »
    Chavez76 wrote: »

Only using against 4231 and some narrow formations. Have fullbacks on stay back and balanced. Most defensive CM(Kante) to drop in between. Following false 9 and that makes 3 midfielders. Let's see how it works out in WL
    Yoo, I use the formation as well but the space in the midfield would cost you some how, I've tried switching b/w fast build up, possession and balanced but recently I've been getting way to exposed.

Also looking for a solution to this