Just curious, how much better is mid R9 than mid Eusebio?

ASlowPotato
1017 posts Professional
Or just how good is he in general compared to others. His price tag is insane. I know its not really justified at them prices but to anyone who has owned him or owns him, just how much of a game changer is he?

Comments

• Coderood
    1913 posts Fans' Favourite
  • @Futfanatic knows everything about this guy, even what he had for dinner. A review from him is what you need
  • selb
    7239 posts Big Money Move
    @MHoney1234 didnt rate R94, I'll let him explain more if he pops up
  • selb wrote: »
    @MHoney1234 didnt rate R94, I'll let him explain more if he pops up

😮
  • HulkSmashPotato
    977 posts Professional
    Nice problems to have 😒 i thought picking between super noodles and a pot noodle would be tough 🤔
  • MHoney1234
    10339 posts Has That Special Something
    Or just how good is he in general compared to others. His price tag is insane. I know its not really justified at them prices but to anyone who has owned him or owns him, just how much of a game changer is he?

Can’t comment on how much better than mid Eusebio he is because I haven’t used him much other than draft, but compared to the 89 version it’s not even close. 89 is miles better

He’s dead by 75 minutes, he’s wide and clunky and was a post magnet. I’ve never had a player hit the post so many times. Took a 500k tax loss on him after 40 games. Tried basic, engine and hawk and I was underwhelmed. Any delay and he’ll feel like prime Giroud.

Felt pretty static too. Had to constantly get him on the move. 89 strength and low aggression meant he didn’t feel that strong either.

Much better cards on the market for the coins. I got PIM Garrincha instead and this guy is different gravy. What a card.
  • Futfanatic
    15221 posts World Class
    MHoney1234 wrote: »

Can’t comment on how much better than mid Eusebio he is because I haven’t used him much other than draft, but compared to the 89 version it’s not even close. 89 is miles better

He’s dead by 75 minutes, he’s wide and clunky and was a post magnet. I’ve never had a player hit the post so many times. Took a 500k tax loss on him after 40 games. Tried basic, engine and hawk and I was underwhelmed. Any delay and he’ll feel like prime Giroud.

Felt pretty static too. Had to constantly get him on the move. 89 strength and low aggression meant he didn’t feel that strong either.

Much better cards on the market for the coins. I got PIM Garrincha instead and this guy is different gravy. What a card.

Are you talking about R94? Because we are not friends anymore if you are.
  • ASlowPotato
    1017 posts Professional

Good to know. Flipping on PS4 is easy and with a proper icon flip grind I could get to R94 but you've scared me away from it. I just know I dont have it in me to grind to the kinda prices you'll pay for any of these other cards.

My target is 10m profit during the lockdown whilst working less but maybe it's better spread across the team instead of on one animal.
  • Futfanatic
    15221 posts World Class

Good to know. Flipping on PS4 is easy and with a proper icon flip grind I could get to R94 but you've scared me away from it. I just know I dont have it in me to grind to the kinda prices you'll pay for any of these other cards.

My target is 10m profit during the lockdown whilst working less but maybe it's better spread across the team instead of on one animal.

What? It’s R94! He’s fast, agile, scores super beautiful goals and creates mayhem in the opponents box and when you score you can run to the camera with the coolest haircut ever!
  • Professor
    2642 posts Fans' Favourite
    R94 is way better. So hard to stop his scoop turn and elastico in the box with his huge frame.

Him and Toty CR7 are literally the only players I've used this year that carry a team.
  • ozcs_69
    3994 posts National Call-Up
    Professor wrote: »
    R94 is way better. So hard to stop his scoop turn and elastico in the box with his huge frame.

Him and Toty CR7 are literally the only players I've used this year that carry a team.

only when gameplay is good, if he plays any thing similar to toty CR7, then he is not worth it this year, I had CR7, you can check my history, I made a thread when I sold him, during bad gameplay time, he was actually costing me games by losing all that opportunities
  • MHoney1234
    Futfanatic wrote: »

Are you talking about R94? Because we are not friends anymore if you are.

Sorry bro. He’s not worth 8m in coins.

What? It’s R94! He’s fast, agile, scores super beautiful goals and creates mayhem in the opponents box and when you score you can run to the camera with the coolest haircut ever!

He’s not agile. That balance and terrible stamina murders him.
    ozcs_69 wrote: »

only when gameplay is good, if he plays any thing similar to toty CR7, then he is not worth it this year, I had CR7, you can check my history, I made a thread when I sold him, during bad gameplay time, he was actually costing me games by losing all that opportunities

This
  • Futfanatic
    15221 posts World Class
    giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a4f34442b083b41c51e76001d016691af6e4d195e&rid=giphy.gif
  • Saiber_Summia
    1520 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 25
    R94 has been great for me until I paired this card with Crespo PIM.
    From that moment R94 seems often out of position and does not score as I was used in the past.
    I will sell Crespo, need anyway to raise some coins, and I hope I will get back my favorite striker high performances
    😊
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    4717 posts National Call-Up

Well when you put it like THAT..
  • Professor
    2642 posts Fans' Favourite
    ozcs_69 wrote: »

I had Toty CR7 for about 200 games and same for R94. Toty Cr7 had over 2 goals a game and R9 was close to 2 goals per game ratio.

I think they suit a certain playstyle and are best as sole strikers. These two guys are far better then any other striker I've used and I've tried them all including 95 Pele, Baby Eusebio, Maradona, Toty Mbappe etc.
  • Orison
    55392 posts National Treasure
    edited March 26
    R94 is a very weird card. He feels relatively clunky, his scoop turn that's the main reason why 5* skillers are op (also because of elasticos I guess) comes off so slow it's awful. His default shooting (using engine so shooting doesn't get boosted) isn't that great either. He seems to lack shotpower compared to toty cr7.

And yet he still got very impressive numbers for a striker of mine (not just goals, but also assists). So I can't really justify selling him yet. I will give him a wl and see how he gets on. I only used him at around 2100 skillrating so far.

But for now I would say atleast in a 2 striker formation at RST toty cr7 is miles ahead of him. Much more fluid, much faster, better shot.
  • Djkhalid1921
    9646 posts League Winner
    i didnt like R94 tbh, TOTY Mbappe is better
  • MHoney1234

Sorry my dude. His haircut is cool I agree.
    Orison wrote: »
    R94 is a very weird card. He feels relatively clunky, his scoop turn that's the main reason why 5* skillers are op (also because of elasticos I guess) comes off so slow it's awful. His default shooting (using engine so shooting doesn't get boosted) isn't that great either. He seems to lack shotpower compared to toty cr7.

And yet he still got very impressive numbers for a striker of mine (not just goals, but also assists). So I can't really justify selling him yet. I will give him a wl and see how he gets on. I only used him at around 2100 skillrating so far.

But for now I would say atleast in a 2 striker formation at RST toty cr7 is miles ahead of him. Much more fluid, much faster, better shot.

Agree about the shot power. He feather shoots them.

TOTY CR7 worth the coin then? Although Eusebio and PIM Garrincha doing bits atm
  • Orison
    55392 posts National Treasure

No player is "worth" that amount of coins as you will most likely get about the same wl rank anyways. But for me he's the best and most fun attacker in the game so if you got that amount of coins to spend then yeah go for him.
  • Djkhalid1921
    9646 posts League Winner

love my toty cr7