EA has confirmed no more content for fifa 20 on the switch

CoachGreg66
44 posts Last Pick at the Park
The game is dead instead we will have last totw on repeat. We have been abandoned.

Comments

• ChappellRovers
    3075 posts National Call-Up
    Agree completely they’ve abandoned us. I think in turn I will abandon them next year if something isn’t sorted.
  • Gingerboaby83
    319 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’ll stay for next year if we get the game as I don’t like gameplay on Xbox.

Has it been confirmed we are not getting anything else?
  • CoachGreg66
    I'm done too. Full price for a game that has 0 support or features. It's silly cut rate game should be cut rate price.
  • ChappellRovers
    I’ll stay for next year if we get the game as I don’t like gameplay on Xbox.

Has it been confirmed we are not getting anything else?

Apparently FUT birthday is coming on Friday. If we don’t get that I think there won’t be anything else.
  • CoachGreg66
    We won't you know we won't what's the point in hoping just to be let down
  • ChappellRovers
    We won't you know we won't what's the point in hoping just to be let down

I agree. I know we won’t get it. They abandoned us before the winter refresh.
  • Gingerboaby83
    We got fut birthday last year when we had nothing so just wait and see. If we don’t then yeah it’s a blow
  • Rotorooter
    80 posts Park Captain
    And they at least gave us flashback marquee matchups... I got most from them though!! Where will I find silver Irish folk too?
  • ZiaFC
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Rotorooter wrote: »
    And they at least gave us flashback marquee matchups... I got most from them though!! Where will I find silver Irish folk too?

I have been getting them in the silver upgrade up to 3 silver rares currently just started yesterday.
  • SomeGit
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited March 20
    They didn't say that no more content is getting on Switch, they said that TOTW will remain the same until the league resume, which could be in early May.

Regular yearly stuff like FUT Birthday, TOTS, Futties, etc. will still exist as well as Flashbacks.

You guys gotta remember that the PS4 and Xbox version of the game can add new card types and layouts with only a server side change, where the Switch version is stuck with whatever card types shipped with the game or were added in with a patch, this is why sometimes you get the Not Found glitch on Switch.

Since TOTW flashbacks were never planned, they would have to patch the Switch version just to add that, same with promos like Shapeshifters, etc. This was also the case last year.
  • ChappellRovers
    SomeGit wrote: »
    They didn't say that no more content is getting on Switch, they said that TOTW will remain the same until the league resume, which could be in early May.

Regular yearly stuff like FUT Birthday, TOTS, Futties, etc. will still exist as well as Flashbacks.

You guys gotta remember that the PS4 and Xbox version of the game can add new card types and layouts with only a server side change, where the Switch version is stuck with whatever card types shipped with the game or were added in with a patch, this is why sometimes you get the Not Found glitch on Switch.

Since TOTW flashbacks were never planned, they would have to patch the Switch version just to add that, same with promos like Shapeshifters, etc. This was also the case last year.

But they said as it was a legacy edition we would get TOTW all year so why shouldn’t we get the TOTW replacement? I respect the issues around it but they should do whatever it takes to sort something out for us, even if it is restarting at TOTW 1 and cycling back to 26. Even if they put all TOTW players in packs. Something.

Because its “too much effort” isn’t a good excuse to me. Even if they can’t do TOTW flashback they can do something. Even a gesture like giving us a free pack to apologise for not doing anything about it would be welcome. Hell not having to wait several days to be told they aren’t going to do anything about it might even be enough. Instead we have to come here, complain and basically harass EA Roger for information.

Btw we haven’t got any promos since Future Stars, now we have no in forms. So we basically have no special cards in packs, apart from totw 26, until they decide we are worthy of another promo which could be never.
  • LordVader
    101 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I see a new mid icon content. Needs an 88 squad!
  • SomeGit
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited March 21
    SomeGit wrote: »

But they said as it was a legacy edition we would get TOTW all year so why shouldn’t we get the TOTW replacement? I respect the issues around it but they should do whatever it takes to sort something out for us, even if it is restarting at TOTW 1 and cycling back to 26. Even if they put all TOTW players in packs. Something.

Because its “too much effort” isn’t a good excuse to me. Even if they can’t do TOTW flashback they can do something. Even a gesture like giving us a free pack to apologise for not doing anything about it would be welcome. Hell not having to wait several days to be told they aren’t going to do anything about it might even be enough. Instead we have to come here, complain and basically harass EA Roger for information.

Btw we haven’t got any promos since Future Stars, now we have no in forms. So we basically have no special cards in packs, apart from totw 26, until they decide we are worthy of another promo which could be never.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending EA.

I'm saying how they worked in the past and what to expect. Regular yearly promos will be on Switch, like TOTS, FUT Birthday, Futties, etc. New card types that they didn't plan out from the beggining won't and they won't bother patching them in.

TOTW Moments are a new card type, like the Libertadores Kick Off and Shapeshifters, so they tap on the box and say that it's a "Legacy Edition" and no new features will be available. "Too much effort" has been their excuse all along and will be continue to be, especially now that it's officially a Legacy Edition.

That doesn't mean that no more special cards will be on the game, just not anything that requires them to patch it in and given that everything as been put on hold, until one of these promo come out we are getting TOTW 26 on repeat.

I don't like that the Switch is a second rate citizen to them, but at this point it's clear that they won't change that.
  • CoachGreg66
    The game is dead we wont get anything but FBs from now on
  • Rotorooter
    80 posts Park Captain
    I still feel like there is more content than last year. And the market is busier than it's ever been since the 18's first 6 months. Enjoying it. Although I would like to pack a player above 84 at some point.
  • LordVader
    101 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It's great right now. For the vast majority, the new cards are way out of reach and not why we play the game. No problems finding an opponent right now and it's all good!
  • Gingerboaby83
    For me it’s been so much better than last year. I also feel the user base has doubled.