Patch 1.17 experience

lIlIlIlIlIl
4717 posts National Call-Up
Played a few pro clubs matches yesterday and there was a noticeable uplift in responsiveness in terms of animations, fluidity and input delay. I have yet to try FUT but this looks promising.

List your experiences down below.

Comments

• BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner
    edited March 2020
    I'm not able to find opponents and getting kicked very frequently from servers..
  • D0lvl
    4766 posts Big Money Move
    I made a thread about constant disconnects from the server.

After a match, doesn't matter SB or online.

Sometimes, after a match, before it tallies up your coins, it will say like you lost connection the server etc etc. Then it takes you to the main screen. You have to R3 (connect to the EA servers) before going into Ultimate Team again.
  • GregM
    445 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'm near Philadelphia and played someone from Columbia. How do you think that game went? Lol
  • D0lvl
    4766 posts Big Money Move
    GregM wrote: »
    I'm near Philadelphia and played someone from Columbia. How do you think that game went? Lol

I feel you bro. Playing someone that distance makes your squad feel like bronzes. I'm on the east coast and when I play someone like that it's just a frustrating mess because you are not going to lose due to football but by connection and how it nerfs your players. Just infuriating seeing your opponent's players strafe defend all over the pitch or if they miss a hard tackle, they have enough to recover and catch up to your player.

Most serious side effect from playing someone far away: your players are slow to react. So many times I've seen my defender just stand there and react way later. By the time player switching gets you the right player, it's too late...
  • Theomanny
    2715 posts National Call-Up
    Defenders buffed. They just smash through u now. Attackers feel clunky too.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    Theomanny wrote: »
    Defenders buffed. They just smash through u now. Attackers feel clunky too.

I felt this as well. Glad it's not only me. There were instances where my player got miraculously caught up by the AI in ways that didn't happen before. This is apparent in Pro Clubs because the variance is linear, i.e the AI defenders are the same generic players. In FUT there are many more variables to consider.
  • cornbeef
    467 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have a strange glitch when every time i start a new game of SB my control settings change. I was raging at my Liga Nos team for missing sitters until i figured out i was playing on classic lol
  • BorussenBernie09
    2092 posts Fans' Favourite
    Imo Patch 1.17 improved connectivity. Game feels fluid and responsive to me. Won like 7 Games in a row since the Patch...omw back to Div 3.
  • garmak
    535 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Has shooting been tweaked? Seems harder to score. Missing tap-ins and easy shots of all types. Players like Salah, Hazard.
  • Malg
    300 posts Sunday League Hero
    Awful as normal.
  • Nessy
    2305 posts Fans' Favourite
    Utter Shyyyte.....

75 paced defenders still faster than 90+ paced attackers.
    Running into people is still the most effective form of tackling.
    45 / 90 min goals ahoy!
    4 out of 5 shots from 20 yards go in.
    Neary every tackle within 25 yards results in a free kick.
  • ChiTownWhat27
    314 posts Sunday League Hero
    Same BS except now I disconnect every other game.
  • Wi1son73
    3927 posts National Call-Up
    I honestly do feel like we went back in time with this connection. I’m wired with BT fibre, reasonable 60 up 10 down 26ms ping. Yet when I’m playing, it feels like dial up 200ms

It’s like my opponent went from pausing every download/Netflix to full throttle the min the game starts..
  • Destin8or
    5669 posts Big Money Move
    Don't know if it was just a few bad games, but prime butra and mid cruyff were missing chance after chance, some my fault, low percentage shots, some that are normally absolute bankers.
  • KKTHX
    1651 posts Play-Off Hero
    Have 5-10 ms and still the same shitlag
  • Tylercftla
    588 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Offense is missing easy shots. Defenders seem slightly better movement wise.
  • Berlus
    1741 posts Play-Off Hero
    One Word: delay