1.17 patch now live on console - 4.2GB

MHoney1234
10339 posts Has That Special Something
In the words of GTA. Ah ❤️❤️❤️❤️, here we go again

Link to changes PC got

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/540282/fifa-20-title-update-13/

Comments

• The amount of games players will back out whilst waiting for game will be infuriating. With you and them watching the ping rate go up and down 😂
    It jumps from 14 to 50 plus before it kicks off
  • MHoney1234
    The amount of games players will back out whilst waiting for game will be infuriating. With you and them watching the ping rate go up and down 😂

I’m playing no one with over 50 ping
  • MHoney1234 wrote: »
    The amount of games players will back out whilst waiting for game will be infuriating. With you and them watching the ping rate go up and down 😂

I’m playing no one with over 50 ping
    You will be waiting a while then . Depending on time of play. Kids you into thinking it’s 5 bar, then jumps to 4 bar as you press to play game.
    Lowest game play I have had is 14 ping according to what game says. Worked fine. But mate , like you mentioned don’t play anyone with 30/50 ping. It’s a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ nightmare.

• NornIron
    15481 posts World Class
    edited March 2020
    Its 4.7gb in Xbox thats massive for whats supposed to have been done, I only ever get 5 bars and its unplayable so lets see a number now.
  • pudgyfudgy
    6185 posts Big Money Move
    4.2gb for those few changes? There's got to be more that we don't know about.
  • pudgyfudgy wrote: »

Secret fixes
  • NornIron
    15481 posts World Class
    My ping is 25ms didnt try a match just backed out, but I already know it'll still be unplayable.
  • CustardHippo
    3278 posts National Call-Up
    4.2gb? Does it also add a 2 hour film as the intro and a thousand new songs? WTF is in that...
  • BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner
    I'd take anything below 50ping. Anything higher and it's out of Europe. 100+ ping is America and 300+ is asian
  • atheistsw
    512 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The ping bar is a lie anyway, I usually see 5 bars (4 is the lowest when it fluctuates) and gameplay is usually ❤️❤️❤️❤️ horrendous! It won't change a thing until they remove the stupid lag compensation algorithm! :rage:
  • Jdizzle
    2996 posts National Call-Up
    Lol people complaining about 4gb, no-one has cod i take it?
  • Jdizzle wrote: »

That update was huge
  • Jdizzle
    2996 posts National Call-Up
    Jdizzle wrote: »

That update was huge

The game in total takes up like 120gb+ lol.
  • NornIron
    15481 posts World Class
    Nope just played a match 25ms the gameplay was worst than before, couldn't even switch player.
  • HulkSmashPotato
    1460 posts Play-Off Hero
    4.2gb? Does it also add a 2 hour film as the intro and a thousand new songs? WTF is in that...

It's all the combol cards we keep packing
  • NornIron wrote: »
    Nope just played a match 25ms the gameplay was worst than before, couldn't even switch player.

25ms ping if perfectly fine, you could easily play a match at 60ms ping and you probably wouldn't notice. Above that you may notice a difference. 20ms maybe the gold standard for gaming but for the majority of people, even with fibre internet, they are not going to get anywhere near that. We all know that it's EA servers that are the issue anyway.
    You guys should start a new latency snobbery lounge lol
  • CustardHippo
    3278 posts National Call-Up

That update was huge

The game in total takes up like 120gb+ lol.

Yeah, but it gave us an entire game mode in the last update... With a ton of content. This is an update to put in a ping bar and some background changes...
  • what3v3r
    1110 posts Professional
    The update size does not always correlate to the amount of changes. Modern source code is usually build on modules. A smart deploy system would be able to update only a module that has changes and keep all the others untouched. But you can't create (well you can but it is usually not worth the trouble) modules so small that every update will only reflect that change. In this case for example, because there were changes in the UI and in the network, it would be reasonable to assume that both these modules had to be recompiled and updated, and the same reasoning apply for every change. That's why the update is 4gb "only for a ping bar"
  • Orison
    72026 posts Icon
    What exactly did people expect from the ping number being shown?

It's just a numerical expression of the bar. If you always play on 5 bars then it will always show less than 30ms ping. If that translates to gameplay feel is another question, but it's exactly the same as before.
  • BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner
    edited March 2020
    Shows how ❤️❤️❤️❤️ this game is.. 20ping on full bars and it's still lagging.

Why do I bother with this game..
  • BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner
    Omg.. I've now lost connection in b2b games.. is this a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ joke or what
  • Biggie567
    291 posts Sunday League Hero
    Omg.. I've now lost connection in b2b games.. is this a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ joke or what

Me 2 it's a joke 20 or less ping speed up lag everywhere and been kicked twice
  • BadSeedsFC
    2947 posts National Call-Up
    Well... Cookies 🍪
  • I SiR MartY I
    13608 posts Has That Special Something
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »

I hate to be part of the tinfoil hat brigadge but 100% things are being changed that aren't in patch notes.

The biggest one was pace at the start of the year, if you had a fast player and broke through, it was game over, defending was harder too, then after 1-2 patches and no mention of pace changes, slow players could keep up with fast players with ease again like FIFA 19.

It wouldn't surprise me if EA made more changes and just didn't tell us.
  • Orison
    72026 posts Icon
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »

I hate to be part of the tinfoil hat brigadge but 100% things are being changed that aren't in patch notes.

The biggest one was pace at the start of the year, if you had a fast player and broke through, it was game over, defending was harder too, then after 1-2 patches and no mention of pace changes, slow players could keep up with fast players with ease again like FIFA 19.

It wouldn't surprise me if EA made more changes and just didn't tell us.

People slating EA for not even being able to do the basics right or take 1 month for a simple overload nerf.

But then the same people think EA puts in the time and effort to fix/change numerous things on the fly without telling people.

Lol
  • PaulDr
    3249 posts National Call-Up
    Some of the card types in my club are now greyed out and marked as not found, including winter refresh, shapeshifters and future stars.
  • ZeFeZ
    3015 posts National Call-Up
    PaulDr wrote: »
    Some of the card types in my club are now greyed out and marked as not found, including winter refresh, shapeshifters and future stars.

Same, really how can you mess something like that up?
  • MHoney1234
    ZeFeZ wrote: »
    PaulDr wrote: »

Same, really how can you mess something like that up?

Lol what a game
  • Wi1son73
    3927 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2020
    4 games I’ve search all fluctuates between 26ms to 120ms. Then i found the a game that stayed at 26ms, but the min I kicked off. I was getting speed up lag even I’m wired. Well that was a RQ for me.

Found another game with constant 26ms, but if was awful gameplay! I mean really awful..!!!

I can’t play in these conditions, my game was over the place..
  • Gromit
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    About 60% of the time my players are showing without their shields. Impossible to tell rare from non rare.

Not to mention most time I load the game I get some error relating to being connected disconnected etc