My friend just grinded for Litmanen only to use him as an SBC fodder

lolowalsh
306 posts An Exciting Prospect
grinded all the way for 6 tokens and he ended using him as an SBC fodder just save up 64k instead buying Oblak.

Comments

• Uksul
    725 posts Semi-Pro
    Legend
  • Verstappen
    4347 posts National Call-Up
    Smart
  • Tennster10
    2154 posts Fans' Favourite
    😭
  • Ispeakthetruth
    93 posts Park Captain
    Now there is dumb and there is....wtf
  • CaTriEm
    1852 posts Play-Off Hero
    I took Zambrotta and VDS from the last swaps, ended up doing some of the other objectives accidentally so I finished them off and took Moore for fodder.

It's actually a smart thing to do assuming the Icon your friend DOES want is less than 18 tokens. Although he should have gone the extra inch and taken Trezeguet as he's 92 rated.
  • Tuqijuno
    616 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Well if you don't want to use icons why not get them for SBCs? Sure 60 k is not much, but it's something and basically free if you like to play the game.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 16
    People generally are more likely to pick short-term rewards over presented long-term benefits every time, hence they easily fall prey to various addictions. This has to do with the neurotransmitter Dopamine, it's a pleasure hormone, and is mediated through the same circuitry as a consequence of abusing heavy drugs such as coke. There is also a positive correlation in studies of IQ and preponderant instant-gratification, where smarter people gravitate toward long-term benefits instead of the immediate reward.
  • invictus1
    260 posts Sunday League Hero
    People generally are more likely to pick short-term rewards over presented long-term benefits every time, hence they easily fall prey to various addictions. This has to do with the neurotransmitter Dopamine, it's a pleasure hormone, and is mediated through the same circuitry as a consequence of abusing heavy drugs such as coke. There is also a positive correlation in studies of IQ and preponderant instant-gratification, where smarter people gravitate toward long-term benefits instead of the immediate reward.

Agree
  • Jonx88
    944 posts Semi-Pro

lol a bit deep for this thread mate, you've essentially likened the guy to a low IQ crackhead, he just completed an SBC as far as i can see lol
  • STaLLiOnO
    519 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The pack isn't worth it
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    Jonx88 wrote: »

lol a bit deep for this thread mate, you've essentially likened the guy to a low IQ crackhead, he just completed an SBC as far as i can see lol

You have misinterpreted my intentions. I'm just trying to partially explain why it is that people make these choices because I find it intriguing.
  • RileyD
    1849 posts Fans' Favourite

I'm taking Litmanen because I need an icon CAM for links, I liked him in real life, I hate playing Rivals during Swaps and I don't want to wait 40 days or whatever ever it is for another set of objectives.

I'm not a coke head haha.
  • juliuscaesar8
    1112 posts Professional
    invictus1 wrote: »

Agree

This is true, no arguments with that...however, some people take the short term rewards because they don’t have an addiction to Fifa and spend their lives grinding for 24 tokens :D

• lIlIlIlIlIl
    RileyD wrote: »

I'm taking Litmanen because I need an icon CAM for links, I liked him in real life, I hate playing Rivals during Swaps and I don't want to wait 40 days or whatever ever it is for another set of objectives.

I'm not a coke head haha.

Didn't say you were, pal.