Stamina - Any point in this stat? New WL tactic you’ll be seeing ALOT

MHoney1234
10339 posts Has That Special Something
Playing at +12 ELO (12-0). Last three games I’ve come up against this from the start. The stamina bar for AI running and tracking is pointless. You can have no stamina and the AI will sprint, track, tackle and press at high speed.

@EA_Roger can you pass this on? The AI should not be making lung busting runs forward and back with no stamina. Stamina should impact the player if the user is in control or the AI. Low stamina should impact passing and shooting too.

Win the ball high up, even with no stamina, you can smash it past the keeper. I conceded my goal this way, but was able to grind out a win. Opposition still using overload ball side because the stamina bar is useless. It has almost zero impact in game.

Here’s the video - ignore the 9 men in the box overload ball side from my opponent. Ball cleared to a no stamina Messi. Wins the header then makes a 40 yard dash. Goes to Neymar. No stamina, skill moves, passes, makes a 25 yard dash. Passes again. Makes another dash into the box. All on no stamina. Banega AI with no stamina tracked Eusebio with no stamina.



Take it from me if you’re playing WL or rivals this weekend you’ll be seeing this press a lot.

Comments

  • Brustring1893
    1468 posts Play-Off Hero
    Has been here ever since, AI has always been performing very well if they didn’t even have stamina.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    This has been in the game since at least FIFA19 mate. And I doubt they have any incentive to fix it.
  • MHoney1234
    10339 posts Has That Special Something
    Has been here ever since, AI has always been performing very well if they didn’t even have stamina.
    This has been in the game since at least FIFA19 mate. And I doubt they have any incentive to fix it.

    Hasn’t been there to these extremes. It was toned down massively. Since they introduced the drain for OBS, they’ve improved effectiveness off the ball. Team press for 90 minutes has never been viable this Fifa until now. It was on 19 and we’ve got that level back
  • BlueWes80
    184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 2020
    I’ve found almost every opponent same tactic, constant pressure, Drop deep with 2 CDM’s and the opponent on red and below stamina making the same lung busting runs and bullying stronger players with more stamina (due to constant pressure). I’m doing slightly worse than usual, but only eight games so I’ll probably finish on my usual 14, but every game is a misery. It’s like playing squad battles with user input on the strikers.
  • TheTataGuy
    3888 posts National Call-Up
    This one pisses me off, you'll do his defender that your opponent is controlling hard, but then you'll see his semedo running at full speed, wiggling himself right into your shot path 🤪
  • MHoney1234
    10339 posts Has That Special Something
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    This one pisses me off, you'll do his defender that your opponent is controlling hard, but then you'll see his semedo running at full speed, wiggling himself right into your shot path 🤪

    Every single game mate. I’m not against the AI being intelligent but this is just bailing people out.
    BlueWes80 wrote: »
    I’ve found almost every opponent same tactic, constant pressure, Drop deep with 2 CDM’s and the opponent on red and below stamina making the same lung busting runs and bullying stronger players with more stamina (due to constant pressure). I’m doing slightly worse than usual, but only eight games so I’ll probably finish on my usual 14, but every game is a misery. It’s like playing squad battles with user input on the strikers.

    Yeh dude, wait until they release more 99 stamina players. Only gonna get worse
  • atheistsw
    512 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited March 2020
    The fact that stamina has ZERO affect on players abilities is a large part of what makes all the OP defensive tactics work. EA are so clueless, that their 'fix' for OBS was 'faster draining of stamina'. The actual 'fix' needs to be 'stamina drain GREATLY affects ALL aspects of a players individual abilities AND therefore impacts the effectiveness of such tactics.'

    If this was implemented players who abuse these tactics would be completely knackered by half-time, meaning the second half would be a cake walk providing the other player hasn't also engaged in the same abuse.

    That would be far too logical for EA to manage though, wouldn't it!
  • Brustring1893
    1468 posts Play-Off Hero

    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    This one pisses me off, you'll do his defender that your opponent is controlling hard, but then you'll see his semedo running at full speed, wiggling himself right into your shot path 🤪

    Every single game mate. I’m not against the AI being intelligent but this is just bailing people out.
    BlueWes80 wrote: »
    I’ve found almost every opponent same tactic, constant pressure, Drop deep with 2 CDM’s and the opponent on red and below stamina making the same lung busting runs and bullying stronger players with more stamina (due to constant pressure). I’m doing slightly worse than usual, but only eight games so I’ll probably finish on my usual 14, but every game is a misery. It’s like playing squad battles with user input on the strikers.

    Yeh dude, wait until they release more 99 stamina players. Only gonna get worse

    Speaking of my AI, they are not intelligent at all. I always find it funny if I see the opponents AI completely freaking out with perfect runs through my defenders backline, yet mine keep on stopping or slowing down their run even though they are through on goal. This game is just to heavily AI based.
  • The_Faries_76
    658 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Have came up against this a few times this weekend already.
  • Baddest_cubza_1
    3305 posts National Call-Up
    What I’m seeing a lot of is physic defying bs.

    Last night for example, I’m winning 3-2, 90th minute. My opponent hits a shot with the inside of ferland mendys left foot, it’s going to the top right hand corner of my goal, it hits my defenders right shoulder, like the outside of it because of the way the ball is curling away, the ball then changes direction completely and flies to wards the LEFT hand side of my goal where vinicius jr is standing to roll home in en empty net.

    I lost 5-3 in extra time, naturally
  • SortIToutEA
    432 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited March 2020
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    Playing at +12 ELO (12-0). Last three games I’ve come up against this from the start. The stamina bar for AI running and tracking is pointless. You can have no stamina and the AI will sprint, track, tackle and press at high speed.

    @EA_Roger can you pass this on? The AI should not be making lung busting runs forward and back with no stamina. Stamina should impact the player if the user is in control or the AI. Low stamina should impact passing and shooting too.

    Win the ball high up, even with no stamina, you can smash it past the keeper. I conceded my goal this way, but was able to grind out a win. Opposition still using overload ball side because the stamina bar is useless. It has almost zero impact in game.

    Here’s the video - ignore the 9 men in the box overload ball side from my opponent. Ball cleared to a no stamina Messi. Wins the header then makes a 40 yard dash. Goes to Neymar. No stamina, skill moves, passes, makes a 25 yard dash. Passes again. Makes another dash into the box. All on no stamina. Banega AI with no stamina tracked Eusebio with no stamina.



    Take it from me if you’re playing WL or rivals this weekend you’ll be seeing this press a lot.

    This is a thing to make playing squad battles harder simple as that and they can't remove it as it will break the offline game mode.

    This has been a thing for as long as fut has been around and will never change unless EA code better rather than using one code for all AI on every single mode.

    It's part of the AI cheat system to play better with any player meaning rated 45 to 99 part of the reason why when playing bronze teams on high levels in SB why they never stop running even when having zero stamina.

    You see the AI having zero stamina but it really has full as they can run non stop if needed without slow down and its always been like that.
  • MHoney1234
    10339 posts Has That Special Something
    Have came up against this a few times this weekend already.

    It’s gonna be every game soon. They’ve tweaked it back to Fifa 19 levels
Sign In or Register to comment.