Skills Moves

LordVader
101 posts Has Potential To Be Special
This morning, my son was showing me a ChrisMD YouTube video where he does these crazy skill moves (mainly with Ronaldo) scoring some insane goals. Curious what skill moves people use in a game? The only one I've really used is the 4star quick turn which does work sometimes. So if you are travelling left down the wing at the top of the screen, it's quick flick left, then quick flick down.

Comments

• ZiaFC
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Its good to really practise with majority of them. They are all situational at best so if you can comfortably perform a good number of them then its just about figuring out which ones you like to use best for the situation you may find your self in game. I am by no means a great skiller but I have noticed that the less commonly used skills can really throw people through a loop because they just don't see the skill that often. The Bolaise flick is a good example I will use it from time to time to get crosses away and lots of times it works well just because some people aren't sure how to react to it or over react to it because they are expecting something more common. Check out the fifa solved guy on you tube and watch his fifa 18 skill move tutorials, these fifa 18 videos will be more closely applicable to our platform but there will still be some differences, plus he really breaks down how to use these skills etc really well he doesnt just tell you how he really does well to inform you of why and when to use these skills for the best efficiency/impact in game.
  • LordVader
    I don't see this one in the Switch list of Skill Moves. Perhaps under a different name?
  • ZiaFC
    Yeah its basically the same as one of the turn moves, but its a variation and the ball carrier needs 5 star skills. But to do it you use right stick backwards in relation to the direction your player is running and then right or left (for whichever direction you want to go and again in relation to how your player is moving) all of the above while you are holding down L2.

To quickly re iterate
    5* skill moves player
    Hold L2
    Right stick back
    Right stick left or right

Player should kind of drag the ball back and towards the direction you chose and flick the ball in the air while turn, it you do it in good space you can send a volley cross into the box if you just use the cross button while the ball is still in the air.

You can google search bolaise flick and may get some video and or better explanation on how to do it. Many think its not too effective but there are situations where it can be highly effective, and once again not too many people have seen the move so it surprises them
  • ZiaFC
    I got it wrong a little bit just went in game to try it instead of holding L2 (or I guess it's really called LZ) hold L.
  • ZiaFC
    And you flick RS forward, my bad i try not to think about directions too much when skilling and can do them from muscle memory easier than thinking to much about them.

Let me try again
    5* skiller
    Hold L
    Right stick forward
    Right stick right or left

This time I promise its right
  • ZiaFC
    And as a beside if you do the move like the first way I told you it is pretty much the same kind of a turn but player will not flick the ball into air.
  • Gingerboaby83
    319 posts Sunday League Hero
    The berba spin is pretty good as well for changing direction, you need a 4* skill moves player to do it. If your running left you just hold the right stick left then move it up or down depending on the direction you want to go. You practice them in single player mode, just play on beginner and the ai will not bother you.
  • LordVader
    Thanks! The turn is the only skill move I really do and if you hold L you get the flick up as well. I can't even see it in the skill moves list.
  • ZiaFC
    Yeah there are lots of moves you can do that arent on that list. There is a heel to heel flick variation too. Its the same as the heel to heel but you hold down L or LZ cant quite remember which one right now but only 4 and 5 star skillers can do the variant.
  • Gingerboaby83
    319 posts Sunday League Hero
    Fake shot is really good as well. Press shoot and pass (or any 2 buttons) in quick succession and you do the fake shot. Can also change direction with it. If you mess it up you usually just boot the ball away lol.
  • ZiaFC
    You can also do a heel to heel type move with 2 star skill move players if you hold L while performing the fake shot/pass move.