Should 4231 be removed ?

Roc_Xel
1625 posts Play-Off Hero
11 of my last Rivals games out of 12 have been against 4231 sheeps.

No need to even mention the 2 depth and/or drop back as this is a given at this stage.

Sure, this formation is part of football, no doubt, and is a real formation. But it's so damn annoying to be playing litterally every game against the same formation. Div 2 to 4 are filled with 4231, there's nothing else. Never been in Div 1 but I assume it's the same.

They have created an OP formation that 99% of the pros use (which also help making tournies the bore fest they are given how this formation plays) and that all sheeps play with now as well.

It participates to make this game so dull, it's way better to have some diversity in the games, it's not the case when you constantly face the same formation.

The game would just be bettter without this formation and would force people to try something new. Irrespective of the fact that it would remove a formation that exists in real life, who cares about that, it's not like all teams were playing it in real life either. If we were to remove another formation, say 41212 wide, no one would care. They should just remove 4231 it would make the game more fun.

Comments

• Azof
    21098 posts Club Captain
    No because another formation would take its place and then you'd start moaning about it
  • BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner
    It's a versatile formation. It does everything it says on the tin. You can't remove it.

I play this formation myself. Been using it since fifa 12. Anyways problem isn't formation but more on tactics.
  • Empyrium7
    3783 posts National Call-Up
    no. you can use whatever formation you want.

but each formation should have CONS and PROS. but with EA this is not the issue, they can't balance anything.

fixing headers is one of the solutions. since 4-2-3-1 is narrow and people who use tend to defend with their CDM and not switch to their back 4.
    when headers are a threat. players will have to switch between players and actually control them which will create mistakes and openings.

• BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner
    Azof wrote: »
    No because another formation would take its place and then you'd start moaning about it

4222 is pretty much similar or the 433(4) 2x CDM and CM
  • MelkorAintGood
    329 posts Sunday League Hero
    Remove 4231. Remove Neymar, mbappe and ben yedder. Remove drag backs. I'd like to see what would sheep do then
  • TheTataGuy
    3888 posts National Call-Up
    If it's removed, the sheep will play something else and that will.then be considered OP
  • Jimmyb83
    1163 posts Professional
    As long as 41212 (2) and 442 are removed as well yeah?
  • OZero
    7667 posts League Winner
    Remove the game
  • Gromit
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    No but "drop back between defenders" should.

6atb formation basically.
  • Halfhand2
    634 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It's definitely hard to break down the 9 defenders.