2525 posts Fans' Favourite
    What does Roger have to do with that?
  • Berlus
    1338 posts Professional
    One of many problems solved...calm down
  • TheTataGuy
    3888 posts National Call-Up

All I know is I bothered him a lot with topics and requests, and also video evidence of how broken this was. He said he forwarded it to the team, so I'll have to give him credit where it's due
  • TheTataGuy
    Berlus wrote: »
    One of many problems solved...calm down

A big problem for me, this one was costing my a lot of goals
  • FijiBoy
    1321 posts Professional
    I still experience it.
    Just played 20mins ago and had 2 situations
  • TheTataGuy
    FijiBoy wrote: »
    I still experience it.

On PC?????
  • Jdizzle
    2735 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sauce?
  • TDOF
    7394 posts League Winner
    Although this is amazing... let’s wait for the actual update to test it out,

We know how it is with EA and their written promises
  • Goatiano_Goataldo
    251 posts Sunday League Hero
    Now they will grab the shorts
  • D0lvl
    4038 posts National Call-Up
    Also remove that stupid 'stunned' animation my player does when contesting for the ball or when a defender bumps my player inside the box.

This 'stunned' animation takes precedence over my shooting action.
  • TheTataGuy
    TDOF wrote: »
    Although this is amazing... let’s wait for the actual update to test it out,

We know how it is with EA and their written promises

Yeah you're right, but can't say I got hyped by reading it 😂
  • EA_Roger
    1711 posts EA Community Manager
    FijiBoy wrote: »
    I still experience it.

Sorry to hear that. If you are on PC can you share any footage of this happening so we can take a look?
  • Empyrium7
    3783 posts National Call-Up
    I'm glad that it's gone. but I'm just worried that Jockey will be more OP now
  • TDOF
    7394 posts League Winner
    Empyrium7 wrote: »

Jockey being OP isn’t the issue.... if the speed of left stick dribbling was actually fast it wouldn’t be an issue
  • Empyrium7

Jockey being OP isn’t the issue.... if the speed of left stick dribbling was actually fast it wouldn’t be an issue

Agreed. But it's not.
    Players can jockey backward faster than players sprinting forward
  • D0lvl
    4038 posts National Call-Up

Agreed. But it's not.

Yup. Don't know how many times I've seen Adama traore being controlled and jockey defending a whole mid field effectively disrupting any passing triangles. Very unrealistic seeing a player cover 10x10yrds in a matter of seconds. It's like they have the Mysterball speed boost when jockeying.
  • TDOF
    7394 posts League Winner
    D0lvl wrote: »

Agreed. But it's not.

Yup. Don't know how many times I've seen Adama traore being controlled and jockey defending a whole mid field effectively disrupting any passing triangles. Very unrealistic seeing a player cover 10x10yrds in a matter of seconds. It's like they have the Mysterball speed boost when jockeying.

So you’re talking about sprint jockeying? Not standard jockeying...

If that’s the case then yeah i guess it’s a little unrealistic.... but in my personal opinion the game is way to slow to begin with, if the game speed was faster it wouldn’t be an issue
  • Empyrium7

Agreed. But it's not.

If that’s the case then yeah i guess it’s a little unrealistic.... but in my personal opinion the game is way to slow to begin with, if the game speed was faster it wouldn’t be an issue

yes I meant Sprint Jockey.

problem is not the speed of the game. but the space that sprint jockey can cover.

why not reduce the speed of the sprint jockey instead of the game speed ?

you can LS dribble past a player 3 times and they can still recover fast with sprint jockey and still able to cover a pass/shot
  • TDOF
    7394 posts League Winner

Agreed. But it's not.

problem is not the speed of the game. but the space that sprint jockey can cover.

you can LS dribble past a player 3 times and they can still recover fast with sprint jockey and still able to cover a pass/shot

What i mean by increasing the speed is the whole general feel and pace of the game (even when the gameplay is good and not delayed) there are certain situations that just feel sloppy and heavy

Much faster players getting caught by slower players... another example...

Maybe it’s not the speed of the game, but the speed of the animations, sometimes it feels like you’re fighting your controller for your player to do something instead of a smooth and fluid transition

(I get it, it might be a bit unrealistic but it would make for a much better game, and also I’m not trying to say Oliver giroud should feel like Messi when turning....)

But in some situations (even in good smooth gameplay) Messi seems heavy cause of the animations speed
  • pudgyfudgy
    6185 posts Big Money Move
    Also remove that stupid 'stunned' animation my player does when contesting for the ball or when a defender bumps my player inside the box.

This 'stunned' animation takes precedence over my shooting action.

Yes this. I hate this with a vengeance.
  • Knowlesdinho
    14802 posts World Class
    EA_Roger wrote: »

Doubt he did anything, he just shows up to share memes and then doesn't reply to anything for weeks.

Yeah! He's a right silly sausage!
  • Empyrium7

Agreed. But it's not.

What i mean by increasing the speed is the whole general feel and pace of the game (even when the gameplay is good and not delayed) there are certain situations that just feel sloppy and heavy

Much faster players getting caught by slower players... another example...

Maybe it’s not the speed of the game, but the speed of the animations, sometimes it feels like you’re fighting your controller for your player to do something instead of a smooth and fluid transition

(I get it, it might be a bit unrealistic but it would make for a much better game, and also I’m not trying to say Oliver giroud should feel like Messi when turning....)

But in some situations (even in good smooth gameplay) Messi seems heavy cause of the animations speed

I agree on the animation speed. some animation just take too long to finish. especially for the attacking side.

we all know why AI defending is there and why catching up mechanics exist.

defenders recover so fast and in unrealistic way. and as I said, sometimes you need to dribble past the same player two or three times to get past him even when they do rookie mistakes they can recover faster than you player can get forward.

punishment for missed tackles or covering the wrong angle should be higher.
  • TheTataGuy

Doubt he did anything, he just shows up to share memes and then doesn't reply to anything for weeks.

Thanks for forwarding it, every step counts now to make Fifa great again.. Next thing you should forward to the team is the Jockeying, and mostly the backwards jockey, and the recovery speed when someone mistimes a tackle or gets dribbled past. Please keep this up Roger, I believe in you!
  • Chavez76
    8922 posts League Winner
    was reading the title and was thinking: another complain thread.. but it was not :)
    Hope it will come to PS as soon as possible!
  • BadSeedsFC
    1645 posts Play-Off Hero
    Wonderful news! ⚽⚡
  • ManC2020
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special

@EA_Roger
    Mate, that was classic. Actually made me laugh. Keep up the good work.
  • Batman442
    5737 posts Big Money Move
    Is this the animation when turning a player to run back defending and your defender kind of takes a miss step
  • TheTataGuy
    Batman442 wrote: »
    Is this the animation when turning a player to run back defending and your defender kind of takes a miss step

http://imgur.com/gallery/jW9OVc2