2504 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 31
    TRANSFERS
    y2fHsMr.png

SQUAD 2020/2021
    twDTJ0o.png
  • ElMarcos
    322 posts Sunday League Hero
    The Champions League group is tough, but I guess Lyon and Shakhtar are similar quality to Ajax.
    Good win over Cambuur. The goal is not to fool us, because they only had one shot on goal.
    A lot of good signings, but you also lost tons of quality. It’s time to see whether the ones who remain can step up.
  • Danimal5981
    Little change of pace from here: the league will be done per month.

Games in the Champions League, Cup, or against the top teams are the only ones to be highlighted.
  • Danimal5981
    LINE UP AJAX
    NL5WSqn.png
    hNmmzeo.png

cqIJa64.png

LINE UP OLYMPIQUE LYONNAIS
    LMETBpa.png
    qgDFhAq.png

Qbu1ePL.png

Lmm8N7p.png

SCORE, STATS, STANDINGS
    OeYIs5F.png

UWuAsvE.png

8yKowQh.png

eJbZZQI.png
  • ElMarcos
    Tough to lose at home against Lyon. Could have been some real important points.
  • Danimal5981
    Z4AU2jv.png

RESULTS EREDIVISIE
    895gJNO.png

StiESZb.png

F3nmAmz.png

STANDINGS EREDIVISIE
    22PkkoI.png
  • ElMarcos
    Three wins, that’s what counts. Now hopefully the confidence gained by the last two victories wil inspire Ajax to do the impossible again in Madrid.
  • Danimal5981
    ElMarcos wrote: »
    Three wins, that’s what counts. Now hopefully the confidence gained by the last two victories wil inspire Ajax to do the impossible again in Madrid.

@ElMarcos 1997 did come to mind..., legendary game! Unless you're referring to one year ago :wink:
  • Danimal5981
    LINE UP ATLÉTICO MADRID
    FVe9nx6.png
    yVdjvce.png

EDFmMYU.png

LINE UP AJAX
    W8DuJ6F.png
    oVQVMsX.png

JChrTtM.png

JB1m22T.png

SCORE, STATS & STANDINGS
    PBNXFi7.png

zOigfEu.png

ZgMffXI.png
  • ElMarcos
    ElMarcos wrote: »

@ElMarcos 1997 did come to mind..., legendary game! Unless you're referring to one year ago :wink:

Pick one! Haha. Also remember the 1995 game against Madrid. A draw is a great result. Now it’s important to grab six points against Shakhtar and build from there.
  • maestro_08
    37 posts Last Pick at the Park
    a draw away from home is not a bad result. should start scoring some goals though to ensure progress is made from the group stage.
  • Danimal5981
    Q9KWf4v.png
  • Danimal5981
    edited April 4
    RESULTS EREDIVISIE
    z7L6N8S.png

fexjq9g.png

STANDINGS EREDIVISIE
    4Ihv62H.png
    Post edited by Danimal5981 on
  • Danimal5981
    ZMzEgmr.png

Line Up AFC AJAX
    48D3L3u.png

BkXw3GD.png

tgHxBCR.png

tgxXxq4.png

Line Up SHAKHTAR DONETSK
    P1o1zEV.png

QFCNGqr.png

0VPo4bx.png

2Sx3R9F.png
  • ElMarcos
    Goodluck! You really need these three points.
  • Danimal5981
    edited April 5
    @ElMarcos Indeed I do, my manager score is dwindling, I'm not on top of the Dutch Eredivisie and I'm not going well in the Champions League. This is not good enough for Ajax in 2020...

Bets anyone? Ajax - Shakhtar...
    (6 mins p/half, legendary level with sliders, no change since beginning of the season)
    vNkH3Qs.png
  • Danimal5981
    RESULT
    BY0RLEp.png

P3cJuc8.png

zKQUhaT.png

STANDINGS UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
    vwpr5cJ.png

STANDINGS UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE
    HhlXKdf.png
  • ElMarcos
    An absolute blow out victory! Looks like Marzec is turning things around!
  • Virtual_K
    1858 posts Play-Off Hero
    Maybe someone should tell Ziyech that third time's a charm?

Virtual_K wrote: »
    Good luck with the season. I hope this Dan guy is up to the task. ;) On the bright side, you still have the traitor Dest, right?

I reread this post and realized it may have come across as snarky (nice word, huh). It was an attempt at an olive branch, but I made some assumptions that may not have come across the way I intended. The Dan guy reference was from a post of mine on another of your stories that missed the connection that you and the Manager were the same person. :# I don't know your opinion on Sergino Dest's decision, but at the same time, there was a player who grew up in Southern Cal, went to school here, played club soccer here but made the decision to play for Mexico. To be honest, it kind of irked me that this player didn't choose the US, but Mexico's youth national teams had showed him interest where we did not, and the player has to do what he feels is best for him. So I wasn't making a dig if it came across that way, just a similar situation I felt might be some common ground that I failed to explain. :D Just trying to balance my chi.
  • Danimal5981
    edited April 7
    It's cool. And yeah: Dan is me. Only Marzec is the name of the Polish side, in real life I carry a Dutch surname.

Yeah, in general, the Netherlands have a similar attitude. Dest and Ziyech were born and raised in the Netherlands, practically entirely Dutch themselves apart from their parents, or forefathers - then choose other countries to represent. And that creates this ungrateful vibe. Like: thanks for the meal you prepared, but I'm off to KFC and then giving the finger, kind of feel.

On the other hand, being of double nationality by birth myself (dad's Dutch, mom's Polish), I have asked myself the question many times what country I would represent, if I had to make a choice: I'm born and raised in The Netherlands and lived there for just under 20 years. By now I have also spent near 20 years in Poland.

So would I emphasize my Fatherland, my heritage and upbringing (Netherlands), or my Motherland, here and now in the place where I became an adult and quite happy and successful in business and in life (Poland) ?

Like two arms and two legs, I also have two nationalities and choosing one or discarding the other feels like amputation to me.

• Danimal5981
    JTdUCm6.png
  • Danimal5981
    RESULTS EREDIVISIE
    L8KjM5F.png

w6RLEh3.png

V7hNqea.png

STANDINGS EREDIVISIE
    UhRMVGB.png
  • ElMarcos
    Your results are great. Only one point behind the number 1 position. Fortunes seem to change for Marzec.
  • Virtual_K
    1858 posts Play-Off Hero
    Convincing string of wins. Another against Shakhtar may convince Ziyech to stick around a little longer.
  • Danimal5981
    Line-Up SHAKHTAR DONETSK
    mMAv9TS.png

zlRQpKs.png

N26ByAS.png

EaLBq2s.png

Line-Up AFC AJAX
    pNv18IH.png

rllYqpk.png

gkyLubK.png
  • Danimal5981
    edited April 14
    Scores & Standings CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
    Bgmzkv6.png

tpacB7G.png

DXRYfIy.png

fSpSgSd.png
  • Danimal5981
    edited April 14
    It's realistic to say that the next Champions League game is an all or nothing, away against Lyon
  • Danimal5981
    edited April 14
    WkKJonS.png
  • Danimal5981
    results EREDIVISIE
    phTdbNC.png

hL7EgwO.png

pyl5v8z.png

standings EREDIVISIE
    ySg2TuW.png
  • ElMarcos
    Another great victory in Europe. Sucks to lose against PSV, but you can still fight back to the top of the league.