FC Cincinnati - Return of Freidel

Stlducks
1955 posts Play-Off Hero
Since this is my first season following the MLS, I decided to start a career mode with an MLS team to learn the league.

I picked FC Cincinnati since they are a new team (first MLS season was 2019) and because they had a big coaching controversy right before opening day leaving them without a coach up to this point.

In case you missed it, the previous manager used a racial slur on the training grounds and caused a stir. Without going into too many details, he eventually resigned..

Settings are full manual on legendary with OS sliders.

Keeping the squad realistic but no way I can keep up with all the MLS spending rules so I'm going to stick with 8 or less internationals, 3 DP's max and spending less than $3m a window. Unless I'm selling a DP and buying a new one, then I can spend more on him.

Comments

• Stlducks
    1955 posts Play-Off Hero
    bDOGLZP.png
  • Stlducks
    1955 posts Play-Off Hero
    cLQwkP1.png

Roster key
    Designated Players (DP) 3/3
    international Players 8/8
    Home-Grown (HG)
    Generation Adidas (GA)
  • ElMarcos
    322 posts Sunday League Hero
    Good luck in Cinci!
  • Stlducks
    1955 posts Play-Off Hero
    ElMarcos wrote: »
    Good luck in Cinci!

Thanks, it should be a challenge!
  • Stlducks
    1955 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 10
    mtMFexD.png
  • Virtual_K
    1858 posts Play-Off Hero
    Crazy about the dismissal of Ron Jans...what was he thinking? Freidel is a great choice for a replacement; I can already think of some funny things. :D Wait, unless you're serious. :| ... :) .

I don't get too detailed on the spending rules either, but try to keep real in my mind. I figure any player paid 900k plus a year is on a DP level salary. Looks to me like a couple of your DP's are on the cheap, although FC Cincinnati IS a new team.

Good luck with this story.

p.s. Hell is real!
  • Stlducks
    1955 posts Play-Off Hero
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Crazy about the dismissal of Ron Jans...what was he thinking? Freidel is a great choice for a replacement; I can already think of some funny things. :D Wait, unless you're serious. :| ... :) .

I don't get too detailed on the spending rules either, but try to keep real in my mind. I figure any player paid 900k plus a year is on a DP level salary. Looks to me like a couple of your DP's are on the cheap, although FC Cincinnati IS a new team.

Good luck with this story.

p.s. Hell is real!

Is anyone really ever serious about Freidel?? Hell is real is something I had no idea about until I looked into Cincy. Should be fun!
  • Stlducks
    1955 posts Play-Off Hero
    obkmwob.png
  • WestardLord
    1856 posts Play-Off Hero
    Great to see more MLS and a new team. Good luck!

Seattle is a trial by fire for the team and the new coach. Will be tough to break down the current MLS champs.
  • Stlducks
    1955 posts Play-Off Hero
    Great to see more MLS and a new team. Good luck!

Seattle is a trial by fire for the team and the new coach. Will be tough to break down the current MLS champs.

Thanks! So far I'm really enjoying the MLS.
  • Stlducks
    1955 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 11
    spLK2Ew.png
    kAe15f3.png
    Post edited by Stlducks on
  • Danimal5981
    2504 posts Fans' Favourite
    Crazy about the dismissal of Ron Jans...what was he thinking?

Dutch straight-forward guy who underestimated American over-sensitivity on racial issues.
    You tell me which one is bad: the underestimating, or the over-sensitivity? In my humble view, Ron Jans did little wrong and he still should've been the manager at this club.

I'm going to use my bias as journalist and find all kinds of dirt on this one. :wink:
  • Stlducks
    1955 posts Play-Off Hero
    Crazy about the dismissal of Ron Jans...what was he thinking?

Dutch straight-forward guy who underestimated American over-sensitivity on racial issues.
    You tell me which one is bad: the underestimating, or the over-sensitivity? In my humble view, Ron Jans did little wrong and he still should've been the manager at this club.

I'm going to use my bias as journalist and find all kinds of dirt on this one. :wink:

I do agree American media is extremely sensitive when it comes to racial slurs. I think his dismissal was harsh, as someone not from America and not knowing the culture a warning would have been good enough.

But I'm not of the race that was offended so I can't give much insight on how bad the player relationship was hurt. Though my opinion is, it is a word used in songs, singing along with songs I don't see why certain people need to skip certain words.

But my views are usually in the minority...

On a slightly different topic but also about the soccer world media. MLS media is 10000x better than Premier League in my experience so far. MLS seems to want everyone to succeed and I have not noticed a lot of bias. The English media loves kicking teams/players when they are down or go after their own bias views.
  • Virtual_K
    1858 posts Play-Off Hero
    Tight game with Seattle, who looked like they were pouring it on at the end. Poor Zach...er...Jordan Morris. :D

p.s. In real MLS, looks like both our teams are off to a C R A P P Y start. I expect Miami to win the match this Saturday. Schelotto is a schlub.
  • Stlducks
    1955 posts Play-Off Hero
    Tight game with Seattle, who looked like they were pouring it on at the end. Poor Zach...er...Jordan Morris. :D

p.s. In real MLS, looks like both our teams are off to a C R A P P Y start. I expect Miami to win the match this Saturday. Schelotto is a schlub.

At least being Miami's first win will be a historic loss.
  • Stlducks
    1955 posts Play-Off Hero
    spLK2Ew.png
    dWostwt.png
  • ElMarcos
    No shame in losing to Atlanta. They are contenders for the play-off finals.
  • Stlducks
    1955 posts Play-Off Hero
    spLK2Ew.png
    YloTDjW.png
  • ElMarcos
    Swallowing four goals is going to be a problem.
  • Stlducks
    1955 posts Play-Off Hero
    ElMarcos wrote: »
    Swallowing four goals is going to be a problem.

Yea it is. I'm going to switch it up a bit and keep the 433 but have my CDM drop between defenders to help.

Though 2 of those goals were my fault, can't blame the tactics on those.
  • Stlducks
    1955 posts Play-Off Hero
    spLK2Ew.png
    qkhtSYb.jpg
  • Virtual_K
    1858 posts Play-Off Hero
    Last couple of matches were pretty intense. Freidel would have loved a win against his old team, I'm sure. Seems like Cincy is still finding its identity.

Curious, in the video I don't see the radar. Do you play with it turned off?
  • DanielA-NUFC
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Liking this! I started with a MLS career too. Started with Real Salt Lake. Made a few signings and only 3 games in. Liking it so far it’s a very open league really.
  • Danimal5981
    2504 posts Fans' Favourite
    Cincy still waiting for a first win...
  • Stlducks
    1955 posts Play-Off Hero
    Last couple of matches were pretty intense. Freidel would have loved a win against his old team, I'm sure. Seems like Cincy is still finding its identity.

Curious, in the video I don't see the radar. Do you play with it turned off?

Yea, I turn the radar off to keep the screen as clean as I can.
    Liking this! I started with a MLS career too. Started with Real Salt Lake. Made a few signings and only 3 games in. Liking it so far it’s a very open league really.

That is how I feel too. The league is pretty open so far. I had to take a short break due to the pandemic and my scheduling being out of wack but I am going to start playing again soon.
    Cincy still waiting for a first win...

This is the longest I have gone into a season without getting a win..