FIFA 19 - Why are IFs gone from packs? More EA sleaze.

MeanOnSunday
1541 posts Play-Off Hero
Not sure when this happened but I was playing some 19 this week and multiple times I got the NIF version of a player that was in the last TOTW. I had a load of untradeables to put in league SBCs and if any IFs were in packs I’m sure I would have got at least some low rated one ... but nothing. They were definitely in packs for several months after FIFA 20 came out, and in past years the last TOTW stayed in packs forever.

Seems like a really sleazy move by EA to prevent people from continuing to grind icon SBCs in 19 and force them to move to 20.

Comments

• Ian_Ando08
    17705 posts World Class
    they dont even update fifa 20 why you expect them to update 19 with live content...
  • Ulook92
    23333 posts Club Captain
    I remember back in FIFA 14-15 ect. They would lrave the last TOTW in packs and have permanent promo packs in the store. I have 1m on fifa 19 and nothing to ❤️❤️❤️❤️ it on :lol:
  • MeanOnSunday
    1541 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 2020
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    they dont even update fifa 20 why you expect them to update 19 with live content...

You didn’t understand the point. In previous FIFAs the final TOTW just stayed in packs forever because EA made no updates once the new game was out. They updated 19 months after FIFA 20 was out to remove the IFs and put the NIFs back in packs.

Post edited by MeanOnSunday on
  • Pauldejong6
    7643 posts League Winner
    edited March 2020
    So go back to fifa14
  • MeanOnSunday
    1541 posts Play-Off Hero
    So go back to fifa14

It’s been offline for years. Do you get a thrill from making passive aggressive comments?

• Pauldejong6
    7643 posts League Winner
    We live in 2020. Come back to the future.
  • IDARYL
    5778 posts Big Money Move
    Not sure when this happened but I was playing some 19 this week and multiple times I got the NIF version of a player that was in the last TOTW. I had a load of untradeables to put in league SBCs and if any IFs were in packs I’m sure I would have got at least some low rated one ... but nothing. They were definitely in packs for several months after FIFA 20 came out, and in past years the last TOTW stayed in packs forever.

Seems like a really sleazy move by EA to prevent people from continuing to grind icon SBCs in 19 and force them to move to 20.

Why would this force you to move to 20 ? If the fact that a new fifa came out and you didn't buy it wasn't enough then nothing is
  • MeanOnSunday
    1541 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 2020
    IDARYL wrote: »

Why would this force you to move to 20 ? If the fact that a new fifa came out and you didn't buy it wasn't enough then nothing is

And your point is what? That this didn’t happen? That EA did it for some other reason? Maybe EA did it because people don’t like getting IFs; that must be it. Maybe there are even people that have FIFA 20 but prefer to play on 19 (I know this must be shocking for you).
  • IDARYL
    5778 posts Big Money Move
    IDARYL wrote: »

And your point is what? That this didn’t happen? That EA did it for some other reason? Maybe EA did it because people don’t like getting IFs; that must be it. Maybe there are even people that have FIFA 20 but prefer to play on 19 (I know this must be shocking for you).

Nobody who has fifa 20 would play on 19....that just idiotic.
  • Absting159
    8094 posts Moderator
    This is still going?

OP - at some point they either changed it, accidentally changed it, or stopped putting time into 19. It is what it is.

This isn't going to go anywhere productive so I'm going to lock it up.
This discussion has been closed.