Wow, gamble payed off once upon a time

Cornushon
4846 posts Big Money Move
Screenshot-20200307-141443.png

With very last coin pack. Rare mega I think. Hope new owner will enjoy him. Not fitting into my team.

Comments

• AlexBear012
    2196 posts Fans' Favourite
    don't know man, Onana is the cheapest 85 so i consider that a big fat L
  • Mackie17
    7372 posts League Winner
    Congrats 👍
  • Cornushon
    Now thinking what Icon to buy for 805k I have. On PC.
    Hmmmm. Zambrotta seems attractive. Will explore other options. Need either Box to box or RB
  • Mackie17
    7372 posts League Winner
    I wouldn't @ zambrotta tbh.. he's a decent RB, but nothing special.
  • Keep him for 1st owner objectives next week for new icons. U might get another RB option or box to box Midfielders. Then sell
  • Cornushon
    Mackie17 wrote: »

Yeah, I'm hesitant to splash full bank on one player. Especially RB. Just not seeing anything decent for midfield on this price range. I have Serie A team. And having Zambo is quite symbolic and nostalgic. Will join Nesta and ADP there.

My current team:
    Screenshot-20200307-142909.png

• Cornushon
    Keep him for 1st owner objectives next week for new icons. U might get another RB option or box to box Midfielders. Then sell

Sold already))
    I've got all major leagues FO teams good enough for div 8-5 grinding. But probably good idea to hold onto coins and wait what options will be there in Swap 3.
  • Mackie17
    7372 posts League Winner
    92 pirlo for modric imo

Nice team. Im loving barella him and tonali are perfect together for me
  • Cornushon
    92 pirlo for modric imo

Nice team. Im loving barella him and tonali are perfect together for me

Yeah, thinking about 92 Pirlo, only thing I had his 90 before, and Modric still doing better job in there (unfortunately). Not sure if 92 Pirlo is improvement over 90.
  • Mackie17
    7372 posts League Winner
    I couldn't say either, but have always loved pirlo in fifa in general. Just go with your favourite tho IMO.
  • Cornushon
    I couldn't say either, but have always loved pirlo in fifa in general. Just go with your favourite tho IMO.

True. Will take my time and see Swap 3 first. And then just buy whoever is not in it. Cheers.
  • Cornushon
    Have anyone extensively used prime/moments Veron?)))
  • RexAnglo1066
    3062 posts National Call-Up
    Cornushon wrote: »

Mixed reviews, if i remember correctly.
  • Cornushon

Mixed reviews, if i remember correctly.

His prime seems decent work horse midfield player. With great shot as well. But as often things on paper do not always translate in game.
  • Cornushon
    Screenshot-20200312-120857.png

So, I said Heart Heart Heart Heart It and got them boys. Pirlo most likely won't be featured on Swaps3, then Alex Sandro is endgame LB 100%. Just need RB and Upgrade on Nesta probably and I'm done for squad building.
  • torakun
    2103 posts Fans' Favourite
    Prime and mid veron is amazing..if you watched him play before, he likes to use his outside foot to do everything. He's like that in game. Delight for some one who adored him in Parma before.
  • limjitwe
    7775 posts League Winner
    torakun wrote: »
    Prime and mid veron is amazing..if you watched him play before, he likes to use his outside foot to do everything. He's like that in game. Delight for some one who adored him in Parma before.

Wow I totally forgotten he played for Parma. Lazio was the peak of his powers right?
  • torakun
    2103 posts Fans' Favourite
    limjitwe wrote: »

Wow I totally forgotten he played for Parma. Lazio was the peak of his powers right?

Yes, that's where he got very hyped, won scudetto, and eventually bought by United.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    4663 posts National Call-Up

Yeah, I'm hesitant to splash full bank on one player. Especially RB. Just not seeing anything decent for midfield on this price range. I have Serie A team. And having Zambo is quite symbolic and nostalgic. Will join Nesta and ADP there.

My current team:
    Screenshot-20200307-142909.png

Ronaldo without engine is criminal.
  • mhh1981
    3358 posts National Call-Up

I bought and sold pim veron after 20 games (for link to tevez). He isn’t anything special and I bought ss Trent who plays much, much better
  • Finesse_4days
    9718 posts League Winner

I have used his prime , very good passer and interceptor but feels hard to turn with and his ability to track runners isnt always there as he isnt that fast no matter what chem style as they do fack all and his defensive Ai movement seemed lazy.
  • Cornushon

Yes, that's where he got very hyped, won scudetto, and eventually bought by United.

Yeah, that's why I want him as well. I have Klose and he played for Parma as well as Nesta)
  • Cornushon
    mhh1981 wrote: »

I bought and sold pim veron after 20 games (for link to tevez). He isn’t anything special and I bought ss Trent who plays much, much better

Won't force myself into any league other than Serie A. No no no)
  • Swanz05
    1823 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 12

Yes - both - m/m on on a cm about as useful as ❤️❤️❤️❤️ on a bull. Fun card but neither one thing nor the other. That's why he's comparatively cheap even with those stats.
    edit: can't believe the word I used has been hearted
  • Cornushon
    Swanz05 wrote: »

Yes - both - m/m on on a cm about as useful as ❤️❤️❤️❤️ on a bull. Fun card but neither one thing nor the other. That's why he's comparatively cheap even with those stats.
    edit: can't believe the word I used has been hearted

Ok, to he fair, Pirlo is M/M and he is good. Bit he is different type of player, I need him to be slower and a bit in the middle of the lines, that what he does. And he is surprisingly decent as pair for more defensive Barella.. however Pirlo is 5 St skills and Genius passer .