Unfair Matchmaking System

Emrah
168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited March 2020
I wasnt playing fifa for 2 years and i just bought the game,

i have a team with pope,bailly,gbamin,nbombele..worth maybe 30k total,

yesterday evening @ div9 i came up with an opponent who had icons,totys,cr7.. the match finished 1-1 and i got -1skill point.

This is not fair,its very hard to climb with this system,

The matchmaking system has to be reworked.

Comments

  • number7rocky
    7264 posts Big Money Move
    Matchmaking isn't based on team other wise why would anyone bother upgrading... People would use worse teams fo reasier games.

    If you can't climb up from Div 9 it's your own ability.
  • Blackpoolmonster
    4694 posts National Call-Up

    If you can't climb up from Div 9 it's your own ability.


    In previous years yes, likelihood is this guy has come up against someone who has dropped divisions for icon swaps/objectives so cut him some slack.

  • Emrah
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 2020
    Matchmaking isn't based on team other wise why would anyone bother upgrading... People would use worse teams fo reasier games.

    If you can't climb up from Div 9 it's your own ability.

    To upgrade the team i have to purchase lots of fp,or have to be very lucky with sbcs,or climb the divisions,attend wl.(its a pain to get enough points in a low division to get into wl)..

    I'm matching with teams x500 value of mine,and many of the players are skillful.

    How can i climb from the bottom,if i got -1skill point with a draw against good players who have super teams?
  • Pooter
    4802 posts Big Money Move

    If you can't climb up from Div 9 it's your own ability.


    In previous years yes, likelihood is this guy has come up against someone who has dropped divisions for icon swaps/objectives so cut him some slack.

    True, the person should give other people slack, truly unbelievable what I see on these forums.

    Even people who played 19 last year said they were Div 5 last year, and they are in Div 10 this time around. It shows that EA have gotten the objectives completely wrong this time around. 90% of the objectives are Rivals based. They tried this time around with Batra, but you have to score 8 times in a win with Spanish players.......just shows you how poorly their decisions were to do this
  • Orison
    66599 posts Icon

    If you can't climb up from Div 9 it's your own ability.


    In previous years yes, likelihood is this guy has come up against someone who has dropped divisions for icon swaps/objectives so cut him some slack.

    If the guy drew with him despite him not playing for 2 years and being outteamed I highly doubt it was a self relegator lol. Most likely just an awful player
  • Emrah
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 2020
    Orison wrote: »

    If you can't climb up from Div 9 it's your own ability.


    In previous years yes, likelihood is this guy has come up against someone who has dropped divisions for icon swaps/objectives so cut him some slack.

    If the guy drew with him despite him not playing for 2 years and being outteamed I highly doubt it was a self relegator lol. Most likely just an awful player

    im playing fifa since 98,every year.just skipped 19,and the begining of 20.

    its like riding a bike,your reflexes never forget

    the guy was skillful,but im playing well @ defence.
    Post edited by Emrah on
  • Idek
    17516 posts World Class
    Orison wrote: »

    If you can't climb up from Div 9 it's your own ability.


    In previous years yes, likelihood is this guy has come up against someone who has dropped divisions for icon swaps/objectives so cut him some slack.

    If the guy drew with him despite him not playing for 2 years and being outteamed I highly doubt it was a self relegator lol. Most likely just an awful player

    Nah every time you face a super team or lose a game in a lower division it must be someone that self relegated
  • MxMLover
    227 posts Sunday League Hero
    Matchmaking isn't based on team other wise why would anyone bother upgrading... People would use worse teams fo reasier games.

    If you can't climb up from Div 9 it's your own ability.

    Fanboy allert! Dont listen to him. Matchmaking is not fair. In every division! You never match a player who is on your level. Or you lose 5-0 or you win 5-0
  • Orison
    66599 posts Icon
    edited March 2020
    MxMLover wrote: »
    Matchmaking isn't based on team other wise why would anyone bother upgrading... People would use worse teams fo reasier games.

    If you can't climb up from Div 9 it's your own ability.

    Fanboy allert! Dont listen to him. Matchmaking is not fair. In every division! You never match a player who is on your level. Or you lose 5-0 or you win 5-0

    Sounds like your level ain't too high pal.

    I'm matching loads of people on my level in div 1.
  • AlexBear012
    2664 posts Fans' Favourite
    I mean what did you expect to meet in March? 20k teams?

    Anyway, if that guy is Div9 and lost with that team then he's not good (exactly where he should be)
  • Mmandras
    5684 posts Big Money Move
    Bronze benching has to go, as well as matchmaking that prioritize speed. It's better to wait few more seconds.

    But the reaction they want from you is "ok, I have inferior team, I will spend a few dollars on packs hoping for a big pull".
  • Emrah
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 2020
    I mean what did you expect to meet in March? 20k teams?

    Anyway, if that guy is Div9 and lost with that team then he's not good (exactly where he should be)

    no one said he lost and expectations about matching with 20k teams..

    and i cant understand how you judge a player's skill,without playing against him or watching the match..

    Only if the matchmaking works as it should be,then your statement can be correct without knowing the player.But its clearly broken.

  • AlexBear012
    2664 posts Fans' Favourite
    Emrah wrote: »
    I mean what did you expect to meet in March? 20k teams?

    Anyway, if that guy is Div9 and lost with that team then he's not good (exactly where he should be)

    no one said he lost and expectations about matching with 20k teams..

    and i cant understand how you judge a player's skill,without playing against him or watching the match..

    Only if the matchmaking works as it should be,then your statement can be correct without knowing the player.But its clearly broken.

    i mean he said he's Div 9 right? and the opponent was Div 9 too.

    with a 20k he managed to draw with a god team.

    also, they're Div 9. so either they're both Div 1 and just both relegated to Div 9 and meet each other, or they're just Div 9 people

    just because you have a good team doesn't mean you're high ranked
  • Emrah
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 2020
    Emrah wrote: »
    I mean what did you expect to meet in March? 20k teams?

    Anyway, if that guy is Div9 and lost with that team then he's not good (exactly where he should be)

    no one said he lost and expectations about matching with 20k teams..

    and i cant understand how you judge a player's skill,without playing against him or watching the match..

    Only if the matchmaking works as it should be,then your statement can be correct without knowing the player.But its clearly broken.
    just because you have a good team doesn't mean you're high ranked

    i think you dont get it,

    I dont say they have good team,so they must be good players.

    I say,i face many good players who have super teams in div9.

    Also,you judge player skills with only the final score.You dont know the statics of the match.
  • AlexBear012
    2664 posts Fans' Favourite
    Emrah wrote: »
    Emrah wrote: »
    I mean what did you expect to meet in March? 20k teams?

    Anyway, if that guy is Div9 and lost with that team then he's not good (exactly where he should be)

    no one said he lost and expectations about matching with 20k teams..

    and i cant understand how you judge a player's skill,without playing against him or watching the match..

    Only if the matchmaking works as it should be,then your statement can be correct without knowing the player.But its clearly broken.
    just because you have a good team doesn't mean you're high ranked

    i think you dont get it,

    I dont say they have good team,so they must be good players.

    I say,i face many good players who have super teams in div9.

    Also,you judge player skills with only the final score.You dont know the statics of the match.

    ok then i may not have understood, so what's this thread about?
  • Emrah
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Emrah wrote: »
    Emrah wrote: »
    I mean what did you expect to meet in March? 20k teams?

    Anyway, if that guy is Div9 and lost with that team then he's not good (exactly where he should be)

    no one said he lost and expectations about matching with 20k teams..

    and i cant understand how you judge a player's skill,without playing against him or watching the match..

    Only if the matchmaking works as it should be,then your statement can be correct without knowing the player.But its clearly broken.
    just because you have a good team doesn't mean you're high ranked

    i think you dont get it,

    I dont say they have good team,so they must be good players.

    I say,i face many good players who have super teams in div9.

    Also,you judge player skills with only the final score.You dont know the statics of the match.

    ok then i may not have understood, so what's this thread about?

    about the broken matchmaking system maybe?
  • Idek
    17516 posts World Class
    If you lost points for drawing against someone they weren't a good player
  • Emrah
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 2020
    Idek wrote: »
    If you lost points for drawing against someone they weren't a good player

    is there any official announcement about this?im not asking with offense,i really want to learn the mechanics of matchmaking,

    because his w/l ratio cant be worse than me,i played 20 matches (15 of them had no importance/played quickly with bronze/silver squad with no chem. with starting pack players to get coins for sbcs) w:1 d:3 l:16,

  • SignpostSounder
    4143 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2020
    Mmandras wrote: »
    Bronze benching has to go, as well as matchmaking that prioritize speed. It's better to wait few more seconds.

    Bronze benching doesn't do anything, but alright.
    Emrah wrote: »

    i think you dont get it,

    I dont say they have good team,so they must be good players.

    I say,i face many good players who have super teams in div9.

    Also,you judge player skills with only the final score.You dont know the statics of the match.

    You haven't provided any statistics on which to judge anyone, other than "I got a 1-1 draw against a good team."

    Your argument was that matchmaking is broken because you played a very good team in Division 9.

    It's entirely possible for a poor player to have an excellent team, and for a good player to have a very bad team.

    If they start to matchmake based on rating AND skill, you'll find that you won't be moving up any faster. You'll be a Division 9 player with an 82-rated team playing against a Division 9 player with an 82-rated team. When you improve your team and have an 84-rated team, you won't feel any benefit to having new players, because you'll be playing against other 84-rated teams. And so on, until you have a god squad and only ever get matched against god squads.

    Then the argument would be "FFS EA why do I only get matched against god squads?"

    No disrespect, but if you join any multiplayer game like this 5 or 6 months after it launches, it isn't fair to expect to just wander in and be on the same playing field as everyone else.

    If you're a Division 6 or 7 level player, you'll get there no matter who the opponent has in their team. If you can't get out of Division 9, then the chances are that's where your skill level truly is.
  • SignpostSounder
    4143 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2020
    Emrah wrote: »
    Idek wrote: »
    If you lost points for drawing against someone they weren't a good player

    is there any official announcement about this?im not asking with offense,i really want to learn the mechanics of matchmaking,

    because his w/l ratio cant be worse than me,i played 20 matches (15 of them were with bronze/silver squad with no chem. with starting pack players to get coins for sbcs) w:1 d:3 l:16,

    It's an ELO system based on skill rating.

    If you have 500 skill points and he has 400 skill points, the game expects you to win. So you get less points for winning or drawing, and a heavier points loss for losing.

    If he has 300 points and you have 500 points, you would very likely lose points for drawing with him, because you are heavily favoured to win the match.

    W/L ratio doesn't come into it at all.
  • Emrah
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 2020
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    Mmandras wrote: »
    Bronze benching has to go, as well as matchmaking that prioritize speed. It's better to wait few more seconds.

    Bronze benching doesn't do anything, but alright.
    Emrah wrote: »

    i think you dont get it,

    I dont say they have good team,so they must be good players.

    I say,i face many good players who have super teams in div9.

    Also,you judge player skills with only the final score.You dont know the statics of the match.

    You haven't provided any statistics on which to judge anyone, other than "I got a 1-1 draw against a good team."

    Your argument was that matchmaking is broken because you played a very good team in Division 9.

    It's entirely possible for a poor player to have an excellent team, and for a good player to have a very bad team.

    I didnt say matchmaking is broken because i face with high value teams,i say i face "good players" with high value teams.

    i can judge my opponents skill levels,the ones im talking about clearly dont belong @div 9
  • Emrah
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    Emrah wrote: »
    Idek wrote: »
    If you lost points for drawing against someone they weren't a good player

    is there any official announcement about this?im not asking with offense,i really want to learn the mechanics of matchmaking,

    because his w/l ratio cant be worse than me,i played 20 matches (15 of them were with bronze/silver squad with no chem. with starting pack players to get coins for sbcs) w:1 d:3 l:16,

    It's an ELO system based on skill rating.

    If you have 500 skill points and he has 400 skill points, the game expects you to win. So you get less points for winning or drawing, and a heavier points loss for losing.

    If he has 300 points and you have 500 points, you would very likely lose points for drawing with him, because you are heavily favoured to win the match.

    W/L ratio doesn't come into it at all.

    but does that makes that guy bad player?

    people are saying,lots of high division players relegate with purpose,for completing objectives.

    so the skill points shouldnt determine the real skill level with this system..
  • AlexBear012
    2664 posts Fans' Favourite
    if he relegated to do objectives he would have won like 10-0 man
  • Emrah
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 2020
    if he relegated to do objectives he would have won like 10-0 man

    maybe..it was like %65 to %35 possesion.but im not that bad at defence

    *and nearly 30 shots to 3 shots,but his will was broken after he couldnt pass me and tried lots of long shots in the second half.
  • Emrah
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    anyway,the object is not a single match.I was talking about something else and i got a response related to issue, thanks @Pooter
  • SignpostSounder
    4143 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2020
    [Removed inappropriate quote]

    I mean, I get where he's coming from but at the same time, it's hardly surprising, is it?

    6 months into the game, it's kind of expected that you're going to be facing off against people who have been playing since day one.
  • Your fault you choose to start FIFA in March when everyone has stacked teams. I'm pulling for you though, you'll get through this!
  • mway
    2179 posts Fans' Favourite
    A friend just lost 29 points after a draw in rivals. Something is not ok.
Sign In or Register to comment.