The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Undefined

PaddysMad
13 posts Ball Boy
It’s not showing the players names when the graphics pop up showing the teams it’s saying Undefined instead of the players real names.

https://ibb.co/m6DmXNf
https://ibb.co/2y0mMR6

Comments

• Brydobhoy88
    125 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yup started happening to alot of people, think once against EA new path that supposedly never touched career node has in-fact created a glitch in career mode.
  • PaddysMad
    13 posts Ball Boy
    Mine was a previous career mode going to start a new one and see
  • Brydobhoy88
    The fact career mode has glitches still is honestly EA in a nutshell, a game mode that has had little to no updates in about 5 years and its still full of glitches 😂
  • PaddysMad
    13 posts Ball Boy
    Tested Premier League that’s ok.
  • PaddysMad
    13 posts Ball Boy
    It’s doing it on La Liga
  • Brydobhoy88
    Im playing in England League 1.

Played career mode every fifa possible since 97, stopped in fifa 18 because nothing had changed and I was so bored.

Decided to go Sunderland got a good interesting career going , 7 games in get this glitch, gutted.
  • PaddysMad
    13 posts Ball Boy
    Serie A aswell so it might be to do with latest squad updates glitch but most likely the new patch has done it. Makes it unplayable
  • Alan C
    15 posts Ball Boy
    Same with me, playing in EFL division 1. Same playing in Kick Off.

I also get the message on start up. "EAS FC catalogue update 1 appears to be damaged and cannot be used." Followed by two buttons, Retry or Cancel. Clicking Retry brings up the same screen again. Clicking cancel opens the game.

I've played twice since the update and it seems like I am playing head tennis, but that might just be me as I am not the worlds best player.
  • JesusM90
    2 posts Ball Boy
    It's not showing the players name/Real life name when the graphics pop showing the team name up at Halftime/End of Match & it's just showing Undefined instead of the players real name!!!!
    shots on Target is good as well as how many goals that player has scored at halftime/End of Match😮😮😮😔😔
  • JesusM90
    2 posts Ball Boy
    *****UNDEFINED***** CAN y'all please fix this ughhhh😮😮😮😮😮😔😔😔😔😔😔😔
  • International matches as well.
  • jscousertommy
    4 posts Ball Boy
    edited March 5
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️ EA full stop . P R I C K S
  • MJD85
    164 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Wow. This is the end.
  • ArneMueller
    134 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 5
    Unbeliveable, they announce none chances in CM and 2 little things in game play (mostly for FUT if I understand the fix correctly) and they still get it done to introduce bugs in parts of the game that got no chances.

5/5 Stars for incompetence.

Lets start a poll how long (if at all) will it take to undo the bugs. My guess we're now stuck with the "no names" and the "EAS FC Catalogue Update 1" message til the end of time in Fifa 20.

Buts only a day after the update #12. Lets see what other "Bonus-Features" EA provied us.
    Post edited by ArneMueller on
  • flcinusa
    550 posts An Exciting Prospect
    MLS is blank names in kick off, never mind career mode
  • RINGORFC
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited March 5
    Also when making a substitution the names of the players coming on/off doesn't show up only the squad numbers....

So frustrating!!!
  • I have also encountered this issue with the undefined line ups I'm a efl league 1 team in career mode.How can use release a game that has so many issues and instead of solving alwready reported issues use create more. Been buying Fifa for about 21 years and I swear the game is getting worse the actual football gameplay is good but the rest of the career mode needs a refit. Thinking of actually moving to pes
  • emeryvie
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Just want to add this is happening to me as well on PC. I submitted a bug report for it on EA Answers HQ. and an EA person sent it in to the team. "Thanks all, sent up for the FIFA team to investigate now.
    -EA_Cade" https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Career-Mode-Manager-Duplicate-Player-Bug/m-p/8809803
  • Kasa
    159 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Anyone found a fix for this?
  • DiBinni72
    101 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Meanwhile i am sure they put the bugs in on purpose. They will never fix it for this version.....
  • emeryvie wrote: »
    Just want to add this is happening to me as well on PC. I submitted a bug report for it on EA Answers HQ. and an EA person sent it in to the team. "Thanks all, sent up for the FIFA team to investigate now.
    -EA_Cade" https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Career-Mode-Manager-Duplicate-Player-Bug/m-p/8809803

When two weeks ago lol ? They dont give a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ realy
  • MJD85
    edited March 23
    Let’s ask in the FUT forum why it’s not in FUT 😁
  • ArneMueller
    MJD85 wrote: »
    Let’s ask in the FUT forum why it’s not in FUT 😁

Because their lineup comes from their own databases, where our data come from the squad update team database. And EA changed something in FUT and did not check if its effecting career mode.

Like last year when the out in the -1 OVR bug because of an FUT update. EA hates use CM players.
  • MJD85
    CM players are the founders of FIFA.

It hurts.
  • I wish there was a real life feature in player career mode where you get money from your salary and can have like kids and a wife. Buy cars and houses. Stuff like that.
  • MJD85
    Ceejaydadj wrote: »
    I wish there was a real life feature in player career mode where you get money from your salary and can have like kids and a wife. Buy cars and houses. Stuff like that.

This crap might be the only thing EA will actually do in next years game.

lol

• Guys please help me, all players is undefined when is showing the first 11 , my team adversary team, and other teams who playing in same hour, and i receive the updated scores. FIFA20 PS4 , before i had error with EAS Catalogue witch i could solved with deleting some updates. Please help, i pay it for something wich is not working correctly.
  • ArneMueller
    Narodna5 wrote: »
    Guys please help me, all players is undefined when is showing the first 11 , my team adversary team, and other teams who playing in same hour, and i receive the updated scores. FIFA20 PS4 , before i had error with EAS Catalogue witch i could solved with deleting some updates. Please help, i pay it for something wich is not working correctly.

Welcome to the wonderful world of EA. We are all sitting in the same boat, since the relase of Fifa 20. Don't except EA to fix any of that. patch #14 is out now and 0.000 fixes for career mode. Nothing absolute nothing. :#
  • Zaqattaq
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    This is absolutely game breaking for me, one of the most egregious bugs in over 20 years of FIFA game play as a CM die hard. Even for EA I am amazed they are able to destroy something so simple but is so visible and unaddressed in multiple patches. Locked down for almost a month already and haven't been able to bring myself to keep playing with this given building line ups through transfers is why I play.
  • Rdubuisson
    20 posts Ball Boy
    And they've released how many: 1 or 2 patches since this game breaking bug has been reported? Unbelievable!