Playing online friendly compared to Seasons

redsfan78
56 posts Park Captain
I have played one or two players recently on Seasons, where I got slaughtered but it felt totally ridiculous, my Xbox literally passing directly to them. Then I challenged the same players to online friendlies, and beat them. Like, is it Seasons deciding I should lose? Or XBox? Or some higher power?!

Comments

• marktko
    277 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm in trouble of going down to division 6. Would be first time I've been relegated to that division in any fifa game. Division 2 seems to be another lifetime ago.

Guys who have not been beyond div 5 can swarm, win the ball and intercept your passes so easily. I'm figuring now to set all my players to aggressive intercept to see what that does as that must be what they are doing.
  • CosmicFuzz
    839 posts Semi-Pro
    Try changing to possession, your players move to give you passing options and it's relatively easy to find big holes in the defence of opponents who use constant pressure
  • marktko
    I'll give that a go cheers. This is one of the majorly annoying things with the game. A simple tactics setting that many won't know about can give you a big advantage. This is where AI should be better
  • CosmicFuzz
    839 posts Semi-Pro
    I play 442

offensive style possession
    7 width
    players in the box 5
    corners 3
    free kicks 2

defensive style balanced
    width 6
    depth 4 (drop this to 3 if facing pace abuse)

Seems to work quite well for me
  • marktko
    Tried that formation and it worked OK. OK I lost but the opponent had been in division 1.

Just another question what do you hold down or use to chase and contain an opponent. In not the best jockeyer and end up moving out of the way most of the time but opponents seem to be able to stick to you like glue and the moment you turn the other way with the ball so do they.

Now there's no way they have lightening fast reactions like that so what are they doing? I momentarily am wrong footed in such situations.

Is it holding X?
  • CosmicFuzz
    839 posts Semi-Pro
    I tend to jockey and wait for the right moment to tackle, I think if you hold down A (cross on PS) it will hone in and chase a player down but you want to manually take control as soon as possible and stand a little off the player. This is effective against players who spam drag backs as you can now react to it. Also don't commit unless you are pretty sure you will win the ball, it's better to contain. Lastly try not to get players pulled out of position, this is how I score a lot of my goals
  • Ibracadabra86
    122 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    They dont use aggressive interceptions. The key is jockey/patience/anticipate and right stick switching. Holding X is useless
  • marktko
    Yes but how do they change direction with defender the moment you do. With some players there's not even a millisecond delay. They're like glued to you.

Yes there are great players out there but not mind readers
  • DarkMac
    204 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Why don't you once understand that EA is deciding every win or loss? This is the way they make you loose depending where you are in the season... as soon as you approach winning the current season they change the behavior of the players. Suddenly your defender are very slow, your forwarders can not score from 4 meters, etc. Simply put... this is the single way the EA developers found to balance the game. It is cheating on EA side to give a chance to beginners.
  • marktko
    The game is won in tactics and settings options. I firmly believe that now

• DarkMac
    You believe it wrong. The game is won by EA thing that we are not allowed to talk about....and that's all!
  • DarkMac
    Oh... forgot to tell you... they call it momentum... but we all know what it is....
  • marcus22
    21 posts Ball Boy
    i can only relate. sometimes the other team players are like glue (constant pressure). you pass around and after controlling the ball you already know they will gain posession chasing 3 players down the pitch and keep doing so a complete match.. Or you make a good tackle and the animation of you player is so slow that the tackled players stays in possesion of the ball. It's really frustrating. When I play seasons this seems to happen less then in FUT. I think this is because of more or less equal teams cfr. FUT.
  • marktko
    Yes how the hell do they do it the complete match.

The tackling and they win it back its especially frustrating. They just seem to stand there and come away with it. And a loose ball they have a spare man running in.

Not realism. Sorry