Matchmaking Unfair - Playing against 90 rated teams?

ThisIsMadnes_
21 posts Last Pick at the Park
edited March 19
Hi FIFA,

Can you take a real, real good look at the way you mix online players in FUT Rivals?
It's unfair at the moment. Team Overall Rate should be counted next to Location and Skill Rate.
This is how and why:

How
The gap between the two teams Overall Rates should be +2 or -2.
For instance: 83-teams vs 81 or 85 teams and everything in-between.
And 90-teams vs 88- or 92 teams and in-between, etcetera.
That way, there will still be a point in upgrading your team.


Why - Playing against 90 rated teams
I'm in Division 7, Gold 3 with a 83-rated team getting placed against 90-teams. Teams with players like Messi, Neymar, Aguero, Osimhen, Sterling and all the legends you can think of in 1 team.
They don't play football, they just rush to your players because they know their 90 rated players will capture the ball anyway. They press Triangle to Osimhen or whatever insane fast player and they score.

Why - Two problems
The problem this system is creating is that players with normal teams have a ridiculous less amount of chance completing the objectives. Narrowing that gap will create more chance for all players.

Another problem is that players with high-rated teams are now dropping so that they can play against easy targets.

Michael
Post edited by ThisIsMadnes_ on

Comments

  • ThisIsMadnes_
    21 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Can an official EA moderator comment on this, please?
  • AronytheKing
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Can an official EA moderator comment on this, please?

    Now, please?
  • SuperKMx
    2033 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 3
    Can an official EA moderator comment on this, please?

    What would you like them to say?

    The "playing against 90 rated teams part" is true, but that's kinda what the game is. You build a better team as you go along. What would be the point in upgrading to an 84-rated team if all you played against were other 84-rated teams? What about when you have a 90-rated team and just face 90-rated teams?

    Work to obtain objective players and your team rating will soon rise. Failing that, an entire team of 84s would only cost you 28k or so. There are decent 87s going for less than 25k.

    The "opponent switches to 90 rated team" part is just incorrect. The team you see on the loading screen is the team they start with.

    Plus, player ratings are far less important than skill. A good player with an 82-rated team will usually beat a poor player with a 90-rated team.
  • Jonx88
    944 posts Semi-Pro
    At this stage of the game theres not gonna be many 83 rated teams to match you with
  • Pedrodnl
    63 posts Park Captain
    The only problem i have is in futchampions my 191 squad after 10 matches they stop running and feel very heavy i think they have some type of Arsenal syndrome 😂
  • number7rocky
    5908 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 3
    Matchmaking isn't based on team rating which is how it should be... Otherwise why bother upgrading when you can use a lesser op team for easier games?
  • Mmandras
    3418 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 4
    Bronze benching. Even EA staff is doing it.
  • Dazzler
    2031 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hi FIFA,

    Can you take a real, real good look at the way you mix online players in FUT Rivals? It's unfair at the moment. I'm in Division 7, Gold 3 with a 83-rated team. I'm bumping against two unfair matchmaking problems:

    Playing against 90 rated teams
    I'm being mixed against 90 rated teams. Teams with players like Messi, Neymar, Aguero, Osimhen, Sterling and all the legends you can think of in 1 team.

    Opponent switch to 90 rated team
    At first sight, it looks like I'm playing against a 83 team. Then, when the game actually starts, it looks like the whole team have been switched to a 90 team with insane attackers. How is this even possible and why is this allowed?

    They don't play football, they just rush to your players because they know their 90 rated players will capture the ball anyway. They press Triangle to Osimhen or whatever insane fast player and they score.

    It really takes the fun away. Unless EA don't care about fairplay and equality? Maybe you just want us to buy Better Players? I'm sure I'm not the first one saying this, but I'm still curious why this still happens in 2020.

    Michael

    Yes I get what your saying.

    When I’m losing I’m always thinking, I wish Fifa was fair and matched my 87-88 rated squad with a 47 bronze squad so I could win more.

    Now why doesn’t that happen????
  • mica_01
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hi FIFA,

    Can you take a real, real good look at the way you mix online players in FUT Rivals? It's unfair at the moment. I'm in Division 7, Gold 3 with a 83-rated team. I'm bumping against two unfair matchmaking problems:

    Playing against 90 rated teams
    I'm being mixed against 90 rated teams. Teams with players like Messi, Neymar, Aguero, Osimhen, Sterling and all the legends you can think of in 1 team.

    Opponent switch to 90 rated team
    At first sight, it looks like I'm playing against a 83 team. Then, when the game actually starts, it looks like the whole team have been switched to a 90 team with insane attackers. How is this even possible and why is this allowed?

    They don't play football, they just rush to your players because they know their 90 rated players will capture the ball anyway. They press Triangle to Osimhen or whatever insane fast player and they score.

    It really takes the fun away. Unless EA don't care about fairplay and equality? Maybe you just want us to buy Better Players? I'm sure I'm not the first one saying this, but I'm still curious why this still happens in 2020.

    Michael

    this is insane how stronger players using that and go down to play with weaker players, my team is 87 rating and i can go better then divison 8 i am not a bad player or GOAT but i playing FIFA from '95. in FIFA 19 i was in divison 5-4, and here i cant go better from 500 rivals points and go in divison 7 for better packs here i get one 1 prime mixed players and 3 jumbo premium gold pack, and why they let players with ea access to play UT mode before anybody else, they have one or two week headstart. i has enough money in wallet for one month, and of course that i need to get my credit card for that
  • SuperKMx
    2033 posts Fans' Favourite
    mica_01 wrote: »
    Hi FIFA,

    Can you take a real, real good look at the way you mix online players in FUT Rivals? It's unfair at the moment. I'm in Division 7, Gold 3 with a 83-rated team. I'm bumping against two unfair matchmaking problems:

    Playing against 90 rated teams
    I'm being mixed against 90 rated teams. Teams with players like Messi, Neymar, Aguero, Osimhen, Sterling and all the legends you can think of in 1 team.

    Opponent switch to 90 rated team
    At first sight, it looks like I'm playing against a 83 team. Then, when the game actually starts, it looks like the whole team have been switched to a 90 team with insane attackers. How is this even possible and why is this allowed?

    They don't play football, they just rush to your players because they know their 90 rated players will capture the ball anyway. They press Triangle to Osimhen or whatever insane fast player and they score.

    It really takes the fun away. Unless EA don't care about fairplay and equality? Maybe you just want us to buy Better Players? I'm sure I'm not the first one saying this, but I'm still curious why this still happens in 2020.

    Michael

    this is insane how stronger players using that and go down to play with weaker players, my team is 87 rating and i can go better then divison 8 i am not a bad player or GOAT but i playing FIFA from '95. in FIFA 19 i was in divison 5-4, and here i cant go better from 500 rivals points and go in divison 7 for better packs here i get one 1 prime mixed players and 3 jumbo premium gold pack, and why they let players with ea access to play UT mode before anybody else, they have one or two week headstart. i has enough money in wallet for one month, and of course that i need to get my credit card for that

    That headstart doesn't matter at all. Within a couple of days of playing at launch without the early access, it's easy to have a team that is at least on the same level as 95% of the playerbase.

    And you don't need to buy points, either. I've just traded from 50k to 1.6m in the course of a month, just by buying specific players and listing them a few thousand coins higher for lazy buyers. There are tons of other methods, too. Bronze Pack Method will make you 10-20k from a full transfer list, every time.
  • ThisIsMadnes_
    21 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited March 19
    Matchmaking isn't based on team rating which is how it should be... Otherwise why bother upgrading when you can use a lesser op team for easier games?
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    Can an official EA moderator comment on this, please?

    What would you like them to say?

    The "playing against 90 rated teams part" is true, but that's kinda what the game is. You build a better team as you go along. What would be the point in upgrading to an 84-rated team if all you played against were other 84-rated teams? What about when you have a 90-rated team and just face 90-rated teams?

    Work to obtain objective players and your team rating will soon rise. Failing that, an entire team of 84s would only cost you 28k or so. There are decent 87s going for less than 25k.

    The "opponent switches to 90 rated team" part is just incorrect. The team you see on the loading screen is the team they start with.

    Plus, player ratings are far less important than skill. A good player with an 82-rated team will usually beat a poor player with a 90-rated team.

    What would be the point in upgrading to an 84-rated team if all you played against were other 84-rated teams? What about when you have a 90-rated team and just face 90-rated teams?
    You have a point, and you're right. But that gap is too large at the moment. The 84-teams are now competing against 90-rated teams. Lets make that gap be +2 and -2 and I'm sure everyone will be fine with that, right?
    That way there will still be a point in upgrading your team. Players with 90-teams getting mixed aganist players with teams between 88 and 92 can only be more challenged than playing against 60-teams. For instance.

    The problem that this current system created is that players with high-rated teams are dropping on purpose to play against teams that are 10 points lower than them, easy targets.

    Work to obtain objective players and your team rating will soon rise. Failing that, an entire team of 84s would only cost you 28k or so
    Also true. But then there are these Milestones objectives where you can earn high-rated players only if you win and score in Division Rivals with specific league players. There is no way a normal person with a 80-team will make a chance for this objective. He needs to score 40 goals with 20 several clubs. There is no way he will survive against 90-rated teams. Which means only high-skilled players have a chance of completing these Milestone objectives.

    Plus, player ratings are far less important than skill. A good player with an 82-rated team will usually beat a poor player with a 90-rated team.
    I disagree with this one. We can have the same skill, but if you are playing with a 60-team and I'm playing with a 95-team, I will win. That's just based on speed, dribbling, scoring and all these factors. That's like putting America against Russia, let America start with handguns and Russia with Nuclear Bombs. Skill won't win your war here.

    So no, Player ratings are just as important as skill and should be counted in matchmaking.

    Poor players don't get 90-rated teams. There are no poor players with these teams. Players with 90-rated teams either have gained much experience along the way or they luckily opened a 90-rated player in packs they opened, how big is that chance?

  • ThisIsMadnes_
    21 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Thanks for the comments
  • ThisIsMadnes_
    21 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited March 19
    Here, take a look at this one.

    Win 4 Rivals matches with 9 First Owned Ligue 1 players in your starting squad.

    How on earth is a normal player supposed to win Rivals matches with random players out of packs that start from 60 play against 90-teams?

    Why not create a seperate section for this challenge where only fights are allowed with First Owned players? Or at least create a +2 and -2 rule to Teams Overall Rate. That's more fair right?
    Post edited by ThisIsMadnes_ on
  • number7rocky
    5908 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 19
    Matchmaking isn't based on team rating which is how it should be... Otherwise why bother upgrading when you can use a lesser op team for easier games?
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    Can an official EA moderator comment on this, please?

    What would you like them to say?

    The "playing against 90 rated teams part" is true, but that's kinda what the game is. You build a better team as you go along. What would be the point in upgrading to an 84-rated team if all you played against were other 84-rated teams? What about when you have a 90-rated team and just face 90-rated teams?

    Work to obtain objective players and your team rating will soon rise. Failing that, an entire team of 84s would only cost you 28k or so. There are decent 87s going for less than 25k.

    The "opponent switches to 90 rated team" part is just incorrect. The team you see on the loading screen is the team they start with.

    Plus, player ratings are far less important than skill. A good player with an 82-rated team will usually beat a poor player with a 90-rated team.

    What would be the point in upgrading to an 84-rated team if all you played against were other 84-rated teams? What about when you have a 90-rated team and just face 90-rated teams?
    You have a point, and you're right. But that gap is too large at the moment. The 84-teams are now competing against 90-rated teams. Lets make that gap be +2 and -2 and I'm sure everyone will be fine with that, right?
    That way there will still be a point in upgrading your team. Players with 90-teams getting mixed aganist players with teams between 88 and 92 can only be more challenged than playing against 60-teams. For instance.

    The problem that this current system created is that players with high-rated teams are dropping on purpose to play against teams that are 10 points lower than them, easy targets.

    Work to obtain objective players and your team rating will soon rise. Failing that, an entire team of 84s would only cost you 28k or so
    Also true. But then there are these Milestones objectives where you can earn high-rated players only if you win and score in Division Rivals with specific league players. There is no way a normal person with a 80-team will make a chance for this objective. He needs to score 40 goals with 20 several clubs. There is no way he will survive against 90-rated teams. Which means only high-skilled players have a chance of completing these Milestone objectives.

    Plus, player ratings are far less important than skill. A good player with an 82-rated team will usually beat a poor player with a 90-rated team.
    I disagree with this one. We can have the same skill, but if you are playing with a 60-team and I'm playing with a 95-team, I will win. That's just based on speed, dribbling, scoring and all these factors. That's like putting America against Russia, let America start with handguns and Russia with Nuclear Bombs. Skill won't win your war here.

    So no, Player ratings are just as important as skill and should be counted in matchmaking.

    Poor players don't get 90-rated teams. There are no poor players with these teams. Players with 90-rated teams either have gained much experience along the way or they luckily opened a 90-rated player in packs they opened, how big is that chance?

    Load of rubbish, plenty of "poor" players can get good/insane teams, player skill is way more important, team is a small part once your using meta enough players. Player rating is just a meaningless number on a card anyway... Plenty of high rated cards play bad and vice versa low rated play good...Ryan Kent special card etc...

    A plus/minus 2 on squad rating matchmaking would still make it pointless to upgrade.
  • ThisIsMadnes_
    21 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited March 19
    Load of rubbish, plenty of "poor" players can get good/insane teams,
    What is plenty? You mean less than 50%? The majority have more experience than poor players.

    Plenty of high rated cards play bad and vice versa low rated play good

    Plenty still a small amount. The majority of high rated cards play like they should play, otherwise FIFA did not do their job. So better rated cards play better. It's simple.

    It's like K1 seperated Heavyweight from Lightweight, because of weight. FIFA is now putting lions in the same cage with cats, and you're telling me skill is the only thing important.

    Lets do an experiment ;)
    We will play a 1v1, 30 matches.
    You play with 55-rated players, I play with Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, a few Legends and other 95+ rated players. You're saying it's just a number on cards. You rely on your vision that I have plenty of 95+ cards that are playing bad. Lets find out the level of importance of these numbers?
    Post edited by ThisIsMadnes_ on
  • ThisIsMadnes_
    21 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited March 19
    Also, if numbers are not important:

    Why did FIFA place the filter 'Club Quality Matching' in Online Seasons?
    'Turning this setting to Restrictive will try to find a club that exactly matches your club's quality.'

    FIFA implemented that filter, numbers are important.

    Why not put such a filter on Division Rivals?
    Give players an option. You dont want to play vs 90 teams? Turn off the 'switch'.
    You, as a 90 team want to play vs 60-teams? Turn it on. Or maybe you want to be challenged for once in your fifa lifetime, then turn it off and face players from the same weight in both skills and team rating.
    A plus/minus 2 on squad rating matchmaking would still make it pointless to upgrade.
    Explain why.

    The difference in points make the upgrading still useful. Unless people lost their balls and enjoy playing against cats.

    And yeah, maybe Skill is more important than Rating. But Rating is important, the FIFA star-filter shows. Rating is important than Location. So it should be a factor in matchmaking.
    Post edited by ThisIsMadnes_ on
  • number7rocky
    5908 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 19
    Load of rubbish, plenty of "poor" players can get good/insane teams,
    What is plenty? You mean less than 50%? The majority have more experience than poor players.

    Plenty of high rated cards play bad and vice versa low rated play good

    Plenty still a small amount. The majority of high rated cards play like they should play, otherwise FIFA did not do their job. So better rated cards play better. It's simple.

    It's like K1 seperated Heavyweight from Lightweight, because of weight. FIFA is now putting lions in the same cage with cats, and you're telling me skill is the only thing important.

    Lets do an experiment ;)
    We will play a 1v1, 30 matches.
    You play with 55-rated players, I play with Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, a few Legends and other 95+ rated players. You're saying it's just a number on cards. You rely on your vision that I have plenty of 95+ cards that are playing bad. Lets find out the level of importance of these numbers?
    Also, if numbers are not important:

    Why did FIFA place the filter 'Club Quality Matching' in Online Seasons?
    'Turning this setting to Restrictive will try to find a club that exactly matches your club's quality.'

    FIFA implemented that filter, numbers are important.

    Why not put such a filter on Division Rivals?
    Give players an option. You dont want to play vs 90 teams? Turn off the 'switch'.
    You, as a 90 team want to play vs 60-teams? Turn it on. Or maybe you want to be challenged for once in your fifa lifetime, then turn it off and face players from the same weight in both skills and team rating.
    A plus/minus 2 on squad rating matchmaking would still make it pointless to upgrade.
    Explain why.

    The difference in points make the upgrading still useful. Unless people lost their balls and enjoy playing against cats.

    And yeah, maybe Skill is more important than Rating. But Rating is important, the FIFA star-filter shows. Rating is important than Location. So it should be a factor in matchmaking.

    If you've got a low rated squad at this stage of fifa that's on you, for not spending the time or putting the effort to afford the better "higher rated" players, you shouldn't get easier matchmaking because of it.

    Your argument isnt valid anyway no one uses 55-60 rated players. If we played 30 matches me with a 10-20k meta team and you with all those high rated players, icons etc.. I'd still beat you the overwhelming majority of the time because I'm in div 1 2100 and your div 7. Team is no where near as important as skill, give someone a 200k/500k/3m coin team and the results will be similar. Team matters most when both players are of sinilar ability and even then it doesn't garuntee the guy with the better team will always win as the game is random and lucky bounces often decide games.

    Giving people an option to switch on/off matchmaking based on team rating aswell wouldn't work, people will obviously prefer to play worse teams.


  • Chavez76
    6094 posts Big Money Move
    Load of rubbish, plenty of "poor" players can get good/insane teams,
    What is plenty? You mean less than 50%? The majority have more experience than poor players.

    Plenty of high rated cards play bad and vice versa low rated play good

    Plenty still a small amount. The majority of high rated cards play like they should play, otherwise FIFA did not do their job. So better rated cards play better. It's simple.

    It's like K1 seperated Heavyweight from Lightweight, because of weight. FIFA is now putting lions in the same cage with cats, and you're telling me skill is the only thing important.

    Lets do an experiment ;)
    We will play a 1v1, 30 matches.
    You play with 55-rated players, I play with Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, a few Legends and other 95+ rated players. You're saying it's just a number on cards. You rely on your vision that I have plenty of 95+ cards that are playing bad. Lets find out the level of importance of these numbers?
    Also, if numbers are not important:

    Why did FIFA place the filter 'Club Quality Matching' in Online Seasons?
    'Turning this setting to Restrictive will try to find a club that exactly matches your club's quality.'

    FIFA implemented that filter, numbers are important.

    Why not put such a filter on Division Rivals?
    Give players an option. You dont want to play vs 90 teams? Turn off the 'switch'.
    You, as a 90 team want to play vs 60-teams? Turn it on. Or maybe you want to be challenged for once in your fifa lifetime, then turn it off and face players from the same weight in both skills and team rating.
    A plus/minus 2 on squad rating matchmaking would still make it pointless to upgrade.
    Explain why.

    The difference in points make the upgrading still useful. Unless people lost their balls and enjoy playing against cats.

    And yeah, maybe Skill is more important than Rating. But Rating is important, the FIFA star-filter shows. Rating is important than Location. So it should be a factor in matchmaking.

    If you've got a low rated squad at this stage of fifa that's on you, for not spending the time or putting the effort to afford the better "higher rated" players, you shouldn't get easier matchmaking because of it.

    Your argument isnt valid anyway no one uses 55-60 rated players. If we played 30 matches me with a 10-20k meta team and you with all those high rated players, icons etc.. I'd still beat you the overwhelming majority of the time because I'm in div 1 2100 and your div 7. Team is no where near as important as skill, give someone a 200k/500k/3m coin team and the results will be similar. Team matters most when both players are of sinilar ability and even then it doesn't garuntee the guy with the better team will always win as the game is random and lucky bounces often decide games.

    Giving people an option to switch on/off matchmaking based on team rating aswell wouldn't work, people will obviously prefer to play worse teams.


    this. You are forgetting that this game mode is made for creating your Ultimate Team, so why would there be any matchmaking for people that dont do this? You cant punish people that do play the game the way it was intended to only play the high rated teams, where people who dont can play amongst each other and get better results (and therefor rewards) .

    If at this stage of Fifa, you still have an 83 rated team, that is on you. You can not blame the game nor your opponents for that. You've either just started of not played the game at all this year since if you would, you would have at least 2/3 icons and a lot of other 'free' players in your team.

    If you want matchmaking to be on team rating level, this game made mode is not for you. And in my opinion, the way it is setup right now is the correct way.
  • ThisIsMadnes_
    21 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited April 8
    Load of rubbish, plenty of "poor" players can get good/insane teams,
    What is plenty? You mean less than 50%? The majority have more experience than poor players.

    Plenty of high rated cards play bad and vice versa low rated play good

    Plenty still a small amount. The majority of high rated cards play like they should play, otherwise FIFA did not do their job. So better rated cards play better. It's simple.

    It's like K1 seperated Heavyweight from Lightweight, because of weight. FIFA is now putting lions in the same cage with cats, and you're telling me skill is the only thing important.

    Lets do an experiment ;)
    We will play a 1v1, 30 matches.
    You play with 55-rated players, I play with Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, a few Legends and other 95+ rated players. You're saying it's just a number on cards. You rely on your vision that I have plenty of 95+ cards that are playing bad. Lets find out the level of importance of these numbers?
    Also, if numbers are not important:

    Why did FIFA place the filter 'Club Quality Matching' in Online Seasons?
    'Turning this setting to Restrictive will try to find a club that exactly matches your club's quality.'

    FIFA implemented that filter, numbers are important.

    Why not put such a filter on Division Rivals?
    Give players an option. You dont want to play vs 90 teams? Turn off the 'switch'.
    You, as a 90 team want to play vs 60-teams? Turn it on. Or maybe you want to be challenged for once in your fifa lifetime, then turn it off and face players from the same weight in both skills and team rating.
    A plus/minus 2 on squad rating matchmaking would still make it pointless to upgrade.
    Explain why.

    The difference in points make the upgrading still useful. Unless people lost their balls and enjoy playing against cats.

    And yeah, maybe Skill is more important than Rating. But Rating is important, the FIFA star-filter shows. Rating is important than Location. So it should be a factor in matchmaking.

    If you've got a low rated squad at this stage of fifa that's on you, for not spending the time or putting the effort to afford the better "higher rated" players, you shouldn't get easier matchmaking because of it.

    Your argument isnt valid anyway no one uses 55-60 rated players. If we played 30 matches me with a 10-20k meta team and you with all those high rated players, icons etc.. I'd still beat you the overwhelming majority of the time because I'm in div 1 2100 and your div 7. Team is no where near as important as skill, give someone a 200k/500k/3m coin team and the results will be similar. Team matters most when both players are of sinilar ability and even then it doesn't garuntee the guy with the better team will always win as the game is random and lucky bounces often decide games.

    Giving people an option to switch on/off matchmaking based on team rating aswell wouldn't work, people will obviously prefer to play worse teams.


    No no no my friend, don't try to cheat in this argument.

    We're testing one variable: Overall Team Rate.
    You can't test if you change one variable.
    So when you're division 1 2100, I'm division 1 2100 too.
    Except, you will be playing with a low rated team.
    I play with a 95+ team.

    But later on it seems like you tackle your own argument, saying it actually does matter when both are from the same ability.

    The majority of the game does not include random and lucky bounces my friend, so this is nothing to count in. It's rubbish.

    Why you think people will prefer to play worse teams?
    It's either -2 or +2 so you will be playing against better teams too.
    Post edited by ThisIsMadnes_ on
  • ThisIsMadnes_
    21 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited April 8
    Chavez76 wrote: »
    Load of rubbish, plenty of "poor" players can get good/insane teams,
    What is plenty? You mean less than 50%? The majority have more experience than poor players.

    Plenty of high rated cards play bad and vice versa low rated play good

    Plenty still a small amount. The majority of high rated cards play like they should play, otherwise FIFA did not do their job. So better rated cards play better. It's simple.

    It's like K1 seperated Heavyweight from Lightweight, because of weight. FIFA is now putting lions in the same cage with cats, and you're telling me skill is the only thing important.

    Lets do an experiment ;)
    We will play a 1v1, 30 matches.
    You play with 55-rated players, I play with Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, a few Legends and other 95+ rated players. You're saying it's just a number on cards. You rely on your vision that I have plenty of 95+ cards that are playing bad. Lets find out the level of importance of these numbers?
    Also, if numbers are not important:

    Why did FIFA place the filter 'Club Quality Matching' in Online Seasons?
    'Turning this setting to Restrictive will try to find a club that exactly matches your club's quality.'

    FIFA implemented that filter, numbers are important.

    Why not put such a filter on Division Rivals?
    Give players an option. You dont want to play vs 90 teams? Turn off the 'switch'.
    You, as a 90 team want to play vs 60-teams? Turn it on. Or maybe you want to be challenged for once in your fifa lifetime, then turn it off and face players from the same weight in both skills and team rating.
    A plus/minus 2 on squad rating matchmaking would still make it pointless to upgrade.
    Explain why.

    The difference in points make the upgrading still useful. Unless people lost their balls and enjoy playing against cats.

    And yeah, maybe Skill is more important than Rating. But Rating is important, the FIFA star-filter shows. Rating is important than Location. So it should be a factor in matchmaking.

    If you've got a low rated squad at this stage of fifa that's on you, for not spending the time or putting the effort to afford the better "higher rated" players, you shouldn't get easier matchmaking because of it.

    Your argument isnt valid anyway no one uses 55-60 rated players. If we played 30 matches me with a 10-20k meta team and you with all those high rated players, icons etc.. I'd still beat you the overwhelming majority of the time because I'm in div 1 2100 and your div 7. Team is no where near as important as skill, give someone a 200k/500k/3m coin team and the results will be similar. Team matters most when both players are of sinilar ability and even then it doesn't garuntee the guy with the better team will always win as the game is random and lucky bounces often decide games.

    Giving people an option to switch on/off matchmaking based on team rating aswell wouldn't work, people will obviously prefer to play worse teams.


    this. You are forgetting that this game mode is made for creating your Ultimate Team, so why would there be any matchmaking for people that dont do this? You cant punish people that do play the game the way it was intended to only play the high rated teams, where people who dont can play amongst each other and get better results (and therefor rewards) .

    If at this stage of Fifa, you still have an 83 rated team, that is on you. You can not blame the game nor your opponents for that. You've either just started of not played the game at all this year since if you would, you would have at least 2/3 icons and a lot of other 'free' players in your team.

    If you want matchmaking to be on team rating level, this game made mode is not for you. And in my opinion, the way it is setup right now is the correct way.

    An Ultimate Team can be different for anyone. And even when you're talking about a high rated team being your Ultimate Team, this still can be achieved with a -2 / +2 (or whatever number) matchmaking option rule.

    What is the punishment in here exactly?

    'If at this stage' is not an argument. People are free to decide how may time they want to spend in a game. So you're actually stating that people who started now are stepping in too late into the boat? LMAO!

    So yes, everyone should create their Ultimate Team.
    Make that Overall Team Rate gap between teams smaller and the game is fair.

    And I don't see you coming back on the Stars Filter argument in Seasons. Try.
    Post edited by ThisIsMadnes_ on
  • Nervous_Nick
    6357 posts Big Money Move
    If you’d get matched with a team of the same rating, NIF Rashford would be more expensive than Bday Rashford :D
  • ThisIsMadnes_
    21 posts Last Pick at the Park
    If you’d get matched with a team of the same rating, NIF Rashford would be more expensive than Bday Rashford :D
    Hold on. Why? Lol.

  • Nervous_Nick
    6357 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 8
    everybody would rather use low rated cards because of matchmaking... :D
  • Chavez76
    6094 posts Big Money Move
    Chavez76 wrote: »
    Load of rubbish, plenty of "poor" players can get good/insane teams,
    What is plenty? You mean less than 50%? The majority have more experience than poor players.

    Plenty of high rated cards play bad and vice versa low rated play good

    Plenty still a small amount. The majority of high rated cards play like they should play, otherwise FIFA did not do their job. So better rated cards play better. It's simple.

    It's like K1 seperated Heavyweight from Lightweight, because of weight. FIFA is now putting lions in the same cage with cats, and you're telling me skill is the only thing important.

    Lets do an experiment ;)
    We will play a 1v1, 30 matches.
    You play with 55-rated players, I play with Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, a few Legends and other 95+ rated players. You're saying it's just a number on cards. You rely on your vision that I have plenty of 95+ cards that are playing bad. Lets find out the level of importance of these numbers?
    Also, if numbers are not important:

    Why did FIFA place the filter 'Club Quality Matching' in Online Seasons?
    'Turning this setting to Restrictive will try to find a club that exactly matches your club's quality.'

    FIFA implemented that filter, numbers are important.

    Why not put such a filter on Division Rivals?
    Give players an option. You dont want to play vs 90 teams? Turn off the 'switch'.
    You, as a 90 team want to play vs 60-teams? Turn it on. Or maybe you want to be challenged for once in your fifa lifetime, then turn it off and face players from the same weight in both skills and team rating.
    A plus/minus 2 on squad rating matchmaking would still make it pointless to upgrade.
    Explain why.

    The difference in points make the upgrading still useful. Unless people lost their balls and enjoy playing against cats.

    And yeah, maybe Skill is more important than Rating. But Rating is important, the FIFA star-filter shows. Rating is important than Location. So it should be a factor in matchmaking.

    If you've got a low rated squad at this stage of fifa that's on you, for not spending the time or putting the effort to afford the better "higher rated" players, you shouldn't get easier matchmaking because of it.

    Your argument isnt valid anyway no one uses 55-60 rated players. If we played 30 matches me with a 10-20k meta team and you with all those high rated players, icons etc.. I'd still beat you the overwhelming majority of the time because I'm in div 1 2100 and your div 7. Team is no where near as important as skill, give someone a 200k/500k/3m coin team and the results will be similar. Team matters most when both players are of sinilar ability and even then it doesn't garuntee the guy with the better team will always win as the game is random and lucky bounces often decide games.

    Giving people an option to switch on/off matchmaking based on team rating aswell wouldn't work, people will obviously prefer to play worse teams.


    this. You are forgetting that this game mode is made for creating your Ultimate Team, so why would there be any matchmaking for people that dont do this? You cant punish people that do play the game the way it was intended to only play the high rated teams, where people who dont can play amongst each other and get better results (and therefor rewards) .

    If at this stage of Fifa, you still have an 83 rated team, that is on you. You can not blame the game nor your opponents for that. You've either just started of not played the game at all this year since if you would, you would have at least 2/3 icons and a lot of other 'free' players in your team.

    If you want matchmaking to be on team rating level, this game made mode is not for you. And in my opinion, the way it is setup right now is the correct way.

    An Ultimate Team can be different for anyone. And even when you're talking about a high rated team being your Ultimate Team, this still can be achieved with a -2 / +2 (or whatever number) matchmaking option rule.

    What is the punishment in here exactly?

    'If at this stage' is not an argument. People are free to decide how may time they want to spend in a game. So you're actually stating that people who started now are stepping in too late into the boat? LMAO!

    So yes, everyone should create their Ultimate Team.
    Make that Overall Team Rate gap between teams smaller and the game is fair.

    And I don't see you coming back on the Stars Filter argument in Seasons. Try.

    Sure thing, here goes:
    of course people can play the way they want. But why would the game have to be changed for that? Because that is what you are asking. Change the game mode because the way YOU like to play it, yet where EA did no intend it for. It's about growing your team during the cause of the gamespam, wether you like it or not.

    Second point, how much time do you think it will take to find a game in (lets say) D2, 83 teams? Ages, since noone plays it. Because every team would be in a different category. And how would you do rewards? Everyone gets the same? Or different per 81-83 D2 category? And can you change category during the week? Impossible to keep track who is doing what in my opinion.

    Third and final, and probably the most relevant. How much do you think a decent 83 card would cost if this would be introduced? Because those cards would be 'competitive' now, their values would be up x100, at least the good ones. And you wouldnt be able to afford them. And dont think you will still packs the 'good' cards, but really they will be mysteriously have a much lower drop rate in packs.
    Ever asked yourself how often you get an 80 Ferlan Mendy versus ANY ther 80 rated card?

    I'm sorry, I still stand by my earlier: I dont think this game mode is intended for accomodating this.

  • Chavez76
    6094 posts Big Money Move
    I feel your real problem is the self relegation from people that are now playing in low divisions with high rated teams to achieve their objectives easily by the way,
    That should be fixed. Not introducing a zillion different possibilities in rated teams and divisions.
    If you’d get matched with a team of the same rating, NIF Rashford would be more expensive than Bday Rashford :D
    Hold on. Why? Lol.

    Economics 101. If a player is great for something, lets say in your idea of an 83 rated squad, his will price will go x100.
  • Syrous1
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Chavez76 wrote: »
    I feel your real problem is the self relegation from people that are now playing in low divisions with high rated teams to achieve their objectives easily by the way,
    That should be fixed. Not introducing a zillion different possibilities in rated teams and divisions.

    Exactly this. EA introduced challenges/objectives to Rivals and, like always, did not take into consideration all the good players relegating themselves. This results in a mix of players in each division that does not reflect their actual skill rating. This also means that for the average Div 5 player, their experience will be ❤️❤️❤️❤️ when they keep getting matched up against Div 1, 2, or 3 players.

    It was just a dumb thing EA did that messed the experience up for everyone.

  • RadioShaq
    16050 posts Moderator
    People will always find a way to go noob hunting. If you want the least fair way it’s by team rating shown by single matches and probably why ea moved away from it.
  • Stehpool
    51 posts Park Captain
    While I agree it’s annoying coming up against god squads that most people ( not all ) have spent thousands on this doesn’t make them a good player. But the main issue is the gameplay honestly its a random dice roll who gets the better gameplay advantage no point upgrading in my eyes. You will either pass well and your CDMs will try and cut passes out and your players make runs dribble well or they will do the opposite and stand still and your opponent gets the gameplay advantage. You can honestly build a meta team for 150k and will be able to beat any team when fifa decideds you going to win. Opponents CR7 will be slow miss chances and your Jordan Henderson out runs Neymar and scores from 50 yards.
Sign In or Register to comment.