Over on reddit...

DFC1983
1313 posts Professional
Someone put up a tweet with the following;

"NHL20 (EA Game) Players recieved a free pack as compensation for servers issues.."

FIFA; *tumbleweed

Comments

• DaMMian
    2502 posts Fans' Favourite
    Great, free pack every day :D
  • Hibee
    12592 posts Has That Special Something
    Most games that rely on online will compensate players for outages. FIFA the glaring exception. This is the problem when you are pretty much the only show in town for the most popular sport in the world. People spend money regardless so EA couldnt care less about keeping its customers happy.
  • RexAnglo1066
    3894 posts National Call-Up
    Yeah, but come on, a free pack in NHL costs them little...not that any of it costs them as it's all their content.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7932 posts League Winner
    Yeah. I don’t see them giving us 15 free packs a month.
  • BSDShoes
    3218 posts National Call-Up
    HUT isn't very popular, the least is the active players getting compensated for something. Konami does this everytime PES servers are down for maint or is down due to a problem, in myclub I'm loaded with stuff given to me from them.
  • Fab
    19737 posts Club Captain
    BSDShoes wrote: »
    HUT isn't very popular, the least is the active players getting compensated for something. Konami does this everytime PES servers are down for maint or is down due to a problem, in myclub I'm loaded with stuff given to me from them.

Don't have to give handouts when you're on top and people flock to play your game regardless.