Clean Sheets

Zalisis
630 posts An Exciting Prospect
Currently trying to get the Shoji upgrade, and it really drives home just how utterly broken this game is.

Between myself and my opponent, I've seen 2 clean sheets in 30 games (so potentially 60 clean sheets up for grabs).

I'm certainly not a great player (division 4), and definitely more of a goal scorer than a defender, but this shows how far removed from realism the game is. Shooting error is non-existent. Every shot from a half decent player ends up in the net. Most games have an average of 5 goals shared between the players.

The game is geared not towards realism, but towards manufacturing "Dramatic Moments". Winning comfortably? Here comes a goal from nowhere to make those last 15 minutes spicy. 2-0 up and cruising? Oh no you don't, your players suddenly can't pass. Defending like Prime Maldini? Here come three bounces off your defenders shins leading to a 1v1.

Comments

• SignpostSounder
    4219 posts National Call-Up
    Zalisis wrote: »
    Shooting error is non-existent. Every shot from a half decent player ends up in the net. Most games have an average of 5 goals shared between the players.

90% of complaints about shooting are "I hit the post eleventeen times a match" and "The goalkeeper dropped dead of a heart attack so I had an open goal and from 4 inches out my player with 99 shooting, 99 composure and 19-star weak foot put it wide" - so somebody is wrong somewhere.

Played a draft last night and didn't concede a goal until the final, so I don't know what to tell you.