Storyline akanji

Claret_n_blue_blood
17077 posts World Class
Man this player is a brick wall, anyone else enjoying this man mountain

Comments

• LiamSully
    7985 posts League Winner
    Him yes, FB Neuer that I have to use with him?

No!
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    17077 posts World Class
    LiamSully wrote: »

No!

86 Mbabu works wonders at rb
  • CustardHippo
    3278 posts National Call-Up

No!

Sandwiched between RTTF Mbabu and SS Zakaria. Building a wall, VDS in goal and FS Tierney at LB.

Still don’t feel comfortable using that as a short hand for Shape Shifter though.
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    17077 posts World Class

No!

Sandwiched between RTTF Mbabu and SS Zakaria. Building a wall, VDS in goal and FS Tierney at LB.

Still don’t feel comfortable using that as a short hand for Shape Shifter though.

Was looking at doing zakaria, currently have pim Bobby Moore and he's great
  • CustardHippo
    3278 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2020

No!

Was looking at doing zakaria, currently have pim Bobby Moore and he's great

Always like my CBS to be steamrollers so Akanji-Zakaria is great for that. Was running SBC Battaglia before so similar sort of bulky player good on the ball. Though sometimes wonder why I bother when some 5’5 tiny attacker sprints into me and knocks the defender over

Edit: apparently you can’t say mid get
  • DannySTFC
    9247 posts League Winner
    edited March 2020
    I’m not sure whether to get him or not. I have Mbabu RB, Zakaria CB and VDS in goal, so obviously Akanji at the other CB slot would be perfect for chem and make a sound defence.

The reason I’m reconsidering though is because I have that Zakaria, but I also have moments Upamecano and RTTF Konate. If I brought in Akanji too, that would just be another player virtually the same as Zakaria, Upa, and Konate. They’re all big, strong and fast centre backs, what’s the point in having so many? I also have that Schar card, who links from TOTY Robertson across to Zakaria.

I’m now tempted to take SMS instead. He wouldn’t make my team currently because of chemistry, but he’s a player I really liked last year, and whilst I already have a bunch of Bundesliga centre backs all I’m the same mould, SMS would provide something different, even if it’s only off the bench or for objectives, I feel Akanji would be a waste now I have Zakaria to strong link Mbabu. Kovacic doesn’t interest me.

Any suggestions? I can’t see Akanji being a big enough upgrade on Konate, Upa or Schar for it to be worthwhile.