Accept Market as it is

Cornushon
4846 posts Big Money Move
Because it is intentionally done by EA this year. They don't have interest to keep market alive, since addicts are still opening pack no matter what and regular promos there exactly to keep feeding them

Comments

• TheMightyBee
    2986 posts National Call-Up
    The market is crap because only hardcore players with god squads are playing, the casuals left ages ago. No one wants to do SBC's apart from a few players and some doing league SBC's. There are no buyers so cards have fallen.

When the Neymar SBC was released the prices didn't change, that tells you everything about the state of the game.

Packs are mostly being opened by content creators and they are being fed by the people watching.
  • Cornushon
    Yep.
  • Swanz05
    1823 posts Play-Off Hero
    Finding it hard to accept that my team has devalued roughly 40% in a short time because of the constant promos. Let's all sell our once envied cards so we can buy the shiny new best thing, which in turn will be worth next to nothing very soon. Yes EA knows exactly what it's doing.
  • Cornushon
    Swanz05 wrote: »
    Finding it hard to accept that my team has devalued roughly 40% in a short time because of the constant promos. Let's all sell our once envied cards so we can buy the shiny new best thing, which in turn will be worth next to nothing very soon. Yes EA knows exactly what it's doing.

I stopped caring about how much my players devalued. Sold everything I could and bought CR. Now just enjoy him and the rest of my Untradebles around (ADP, Nesta, Politano, Alexis etc)... Will add swap 3 to it and I'm done. I WON FIFA;)
  • DueceDropper22
    53 posts Park Captain
    Cornushon wrote: »

I stopped caring about how much my players devalued. Sold everything I could and bought CR. Now just enjoy him and the rest of my Untradebles around (ADP, Nesta, Politano, Alexis etc)... Will add swap 3 to it and I'm done. I WON FIFA;)

I do the same. I basically sit on no coins most of the time. When a card comes out I want i sell a bunch of cards sitting around in my club. Mostly 84's and lower and buy the player. Then back to zero where I sit until a new card is released i want
  • Sean123_
    565 posts An Exciting Prospect
    What I find strange is with the market so low why would anyone buy the packs? Unless you get the promo cards it’s literally throwing money away
  • Dmb75
    564 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Just needs the mid icon sbc to come out.
  • Idek
    14219 posts Has That Special Something

When the Neymar SBC was released the prices didn't change, that tells you everything about the state of the game.

Too expensive for most people and not good enough value over his NIF, if they actually put out a good value sbc the market will fly
  • dazco
    185 posts Has Potential To Be Special

The devalue doesn't matter, because everything else is 40% less
  • Sean123_
    565 posts An Exciting Prospect
    dazco wrote: »

The top icons don’t , they just get further away
  • Swanz05
    1823 posts Play-Off Hero
    dazco wrote: »

Not the new ones.
  • OZero
    6587 posts Big Money Move
    Sean123_ wrote: »
    What I find strange is with the market so low why would anyone buy the packs? Unless you get the promo cards it’s literally throwing money away

Same question from me. It doesn’t make sense. Why would I spend money to buy packs if everything I get just worth QS?
  • dododada226
    66 posts Park Captain
    Futeconomist sold his soul and ruin the market for casual players. there will be no sbc that rise the price of 83-90 significantly, they done experiment with base icon sbc and prices went up people make easy coins for that reason there will be no mid icon sbc. we only got 1 or maybe 2 team of the week sbc this year. this year must be a good time for RM fans no promos or event without RM players..
  • Cornushon

Ikr, but some people are just either addicted, or just don't care about money
  • HishamAyman
    3231 posts National Call-Up
    They screwed up with not having icon sbcs and they realized it, probably thats why we are getting those permanent moments sbcs but theyre not working out pretty well for the market. Thats my theory
  • Cornushon
    They screwed up with not having icon sbcs and they realized it, probably thats why we are getting those permanent moments sbcs but theyre not working out pretty well for the market. Thats my theory

They didn't screw up, they did it intentionally. I think that's the plan from the beginning. They still need a little bit of demand on the market, to not completely kill it. But they want to keep items 83-90 as cheap as possible.

Most people moved on to new game cycle on the assumption things will be similar to previous years. But it was big mistake
  • OZero
    6587 posts Big Money Move

They didn't screw up, they did it intentionally. I think that's the plan from the beginning. They still need a little bit of demand on the market, to not completely kill it. But they want to keep items 83-90 as cheap as possible.

Most people moved on to new game cycle on the assumption things will be similar to previous years. But it was big mistake

That means they have screwed up by making packs worthless and why would anyone pay
    money for opening them?
  • Brustring1893
    1205 posts Professional
    Still weird from them in my humble opinion. I know that packs sell out frequently but on the other hand with more possibilities (icon SBCs, fodder worth quite a bit, new promos), demand would be much higher. But I guess that’s their current strategy to maximize profit with given current costs (allocation between maintenance of 20 and development of 21).
  • Cornushon
    OZero wrote: »

That means they have screwed up by making packs worthless and why would anyone pay
    money for opening them?

Because these "anyone" will open those pack even if they give even less than now - ADDICTION. And EA know that very very well by now
  • Cornushon

money for opening them?

Because these "anyone" will open those pack even if they give even less than now - ADDICTION. And EA know that very very well by now
    Still weird from them in my humble opinion. I know that packs sell out frequently but on the other hand with more possibilities (icon SBCs, fodder worth quite a bit, new promos), demand would be much higher. But I guess that’s their current strategy to maximize profit with given current costs (allocation between maintenance of 20 and development of 21).

This is very close to what I think as well. And yes, I suppose they jsut developing FIFA 21. But, I don't believe it will be better/different. If anything, it'll be worse
  • Cornushon
    To add, I think the following FIFA will be heavily objectives and first owner based, and this will make it even more toxic and unplayable in higher divisions, unless they introduce separate Objectives League or something like that.
  • Brustring1893
    1205 posts Professional
    To add, I think the following FIFA will be heavily objectives and first owner based, and this will make it even more toxic and unplayable in higher divisions, unless they introduce separate Objectives League or something like that.

I really hope they take feedback from players into consideration. I’m really glad they introduced these kind of objectives, but the concept has a few flaws.
  • Cornushon

I really hope they take feedback from players into consideration. I’m really glad they introduced these kind of objectives, but the concept has a few flaws.

Yes, but I have no hope they do it properly even if they take feedback on board)))))
    For now, I just want some quality Swap3 from Serie A.
  • Mogga
    923 posts Professional
    The market is the least of this games problems . Pick a team and play instead of messing on with "trades". Boring zzzzzz
  • Sterve
    742 posts Semi-Pro
    I think they wanted to be able to more accurately set prices for sbcs. They understand new promo players are enough for most who are willing to spend to open the wallet - the gamblers are shooting for the stars mostly not for isco. So a promo almost all of the time or a new set of icons - something new so you don't remember you never pack ‘one of those players’. Pretty sure most think they will pack PIM cause they are new in packs even though they never packed mid or base or prime etc.
  • tommyh10
    742 posts Semi-Pro

100% this. They screwed up. There is absolutely no way people are buying more fifa points this year with no Icon SBCs, not a chance.

I have never bought fifa points, but if I had completley gutted my club and was a couple of squads off a PIM Ronaldo I would be loading up fifa points faster than my opponents Pique against my TOTY Mbappe
  • Bapinho
    2521 posts Fans' Favourite

Same question from me. It doesn’t make sense. Why would I spend money to buy packs if everything I get just worth QS?

Nah EA is smart. First they try to burn the investers by keeping fodder so low for weeks in hopes they give up and sell out in loss. Last 2 days they are clearing the market with Ramos and Rooney; expect another few good sbcs in the upcoming day to clear all the fodder for the mid icon sbc. Very smart EA
  • tommyh10
    742 posts Semi-Pro
    Bapinho wrote: »

Nah EA is smart. First they try to burn the investers by keeping fodder so low for weeks in hopes they give up and sell out in loss. Last 2 days they are clearing the market with Ramos and Rooney; expect another few good sbcs in the upcoming day to clear all the fodder for the mid icon sbc. Very smart EA

If they really want to clear fodder, why not give something unreal though. Ramos is good, but RB will put some people off. Rooney is good, but league puts some people off.

If they really wanted to clear fodder they'd just release a random Ben Yedder SBC and it would all be gone in a matter of hours.

Also, these SBCs havnt touched the 83 market. If they seriously want to clear fodder they need to go lower with the requirements